Should we groom Mayank Markande as surprise weapon for WC19!

Considering how poor  non-Indian batsman are currently against wrist spin and picking up variations from hand, should we groom Mayank Markhande as surprise for WC19?

I agree currently he is one-dimensional with his googly and was found out in the later part of IPL, but then again that was mostly by Indian batsmen and even Kuldeep went for runs.

No matter how many footage you see, a mystery spinner like Markhande would be hard to pick for any team when they play him and in knockout tournaments like Worldcups that would help us immensely.

Edited by Cricket_Fan
22 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Shreyas Gopal would be a better pick. Turns the ball big and has a good googly and slider. Held his own against AB in IPL. Decent batsman too.

Wanted to post the same,also the guy can bat,he can be a good addition

Edited by SK_IH
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

IPL is before Wc and it wud be 2nd season for mayank .........i think he ll be soughted by oppositions next IPL unless he works on his leg break

Kuldeep went for plenty of runs this IPL but still English batsmen are struggling against him.In IPL most of the spin-bashing are done by Indian batsmen not foreigners.

I don't know about our set up but in England they actually measure the revs put on the ball by spinners and they found out that Liam dawson gives it the biggest rip. I don't really watch IPL but who of these young wristspinners gives it the biggest rip consistently? We might have to replace Chahal with him. Chahal is a good bowler the only real mystery that Kuldeep has over Chahl is the revs he puts on the ball.

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I don't know about our set up but in England they actually measure the revs put on the ball by spinners and they found out that Liam dawson gives it the biggest rip. I don't really watch IPL but who of these young wristspinners gives it the biggest rip consistently? We might have to replace Chahal with him. Chahal is a good bowler the only real mystery that Kuldeep has over Chahl is the revs he puts on the ball.

Why dont they show rev stats in matches?

I saw it during Ashes 2013 in England. 

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Shreyas has lot of side spin. But in terms of revs and forcing the ball to kick off the pitch we don't have anyone to match Kuldeep. Do we have video of Murugan ashwin?

I'm a lil confused by this post. You said that he puts a lot of side spin but not a lot of revs? Isn't that a bit contradictory. I think what you meant is that he doesn't tilt the seam to third slip in order to get the dip and kick off the surface because of the angle he doesn't get any overspin on the ball. But that can be easily rectified couldn't it?

I thought Rahul Chahar was the next sensational spin talent after kuldeep, an all format spinner. But surprised he wasn't picked for U19 wc and inferior bowlers played. He is didn't get any game in the IPL as well.

2 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Why dont they show rev stats in matches?

I saw it during Ashes 2013 in England. 

I think they show it in tests in England. For example in 2014 Moeen Ali was consistently giving it a bigger rip than Herath. Also i'm pretty sure lyon was measured in 2015 and his rev meter was almost as high as swann. This year i remember seeing for Shadab as  well. But i'm not sure if they do measure in our domestics , A team etc. Would be a good way to know which spinner has potential to develop into international standard.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:47 AM, GolGappe said:

Yes, good way to prevent overuse of Kuldip

yes mayank should also be played ahead of CHAHAL in some odi and t20 games...rotation policy should be also on Spinners.

i also dislike CHAHL's fielding Skills and i think his batting skills are also BAD .. chahal is getting too much of support from KOHLI.

Edited by vishalvirsingh