This year's Asia Cup will be a cracker

Bored of beating teams like Eng/Aust/SA who cant play spin to save their lives. Lets face it....India is the most balanced ODI team at present. But if any team can give tough fight to India...its Pakistan. They will be better suited than western teams to face our spinners. Also with an influx of good young players...they have got a very good team. Since we dont play bilaterals...its an open question about which team is currently better. But with the format of upcoming Asia cup, there are chances of 3 Indo - Pak games if both team reach finals (which they should on form). It will help us to determine which is the better LOI team at the moment. Mind you, the tournament will be in UAE which is Pak's home ground. So Ind - Pak will start even stevens before the game.

Also there are other rivalries to look into. After Nidahas Trophy, SL will be upbeat to take revenge on BD. On the other hand, BD will look to turn the table against Afg after being whitewashed 3-0. The games of Ind-SL, Pak -BD or Ind - BD will be fun too.

All in all I think it will be a cracker of a series. Just hope that our players are not jaded after 5 test matches and play a full strength team in Asia cup to defend our title.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Bored of beating teams like Eng/Aust/SA who cant play spin to save their lives. Lets face it....India is the most balanced ODI team at present. But if any team can give tough fight to India...its Pakistan. They will be better suited than western teams to face our spinners. Also with an influx of good young players...they have got a very good team. Since we dont play bilaterals...its an open question about which team is currently better. But with the format of upcoming Asia cup, there are chances of 3 Indo - Pak games if both team reach finals (which they should on form). It will help us to determine which is the better LOI team at the moment. Mind you, the tournament will be in UAE which is Pak's home ground. So Ind - Pak will start even stevens before the game.

Also there are other rivalries to look into. After Nidahas Trophy, SL will be upbeat to take revenge on BD. On the other hand, BD will look to turn the table against Afg after being whitewashed 3-0. The games of Ind-SL, Pak -BD or Ind - BD will be fun too.

All in all I think it will be a cracker of a series. Just hope that our players are not jaded after 5 test matches and play a full strength team in Asia cup to defend our title.

Nagin dance galore 

28 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Pakistan batting is very weak.Dont think they would be beating us.And Hassan Ali will get plenty of heat for what he did at Wagah border.

Pak is a dangerous team in shorter formats, they may struggle against others but we are a favorable match up for them, have always been. Their mediocre batsmen start playing blinders and Amir/Junaid/Hasan mein bhi bhoot chad jati hai. Rather telling that post 2003 when we have had such a glorious run coinciding with turmoil (fixing, drugs, no home games, Woolmer death, chopping and changing of players, corruption/nepotism, political volatility, financial troubles, no IPL, PCB comedy gold yada yada) and relative lack of talent in Pakistani cricket scene the H2H is almost even.

In tests we will hammer them if we are to cross paths but white ball cricket is a worry, they will expose cracks which teams like SA/Aus/Eng are incapable of doing. Rohit is a non factor against them and they will handle our spinners much better...our rubbish middle order will also be severely tested against high quality bowling.

I so wish we play a few test series against them because we are at the peak of our powers and have a great chance to overturn that 9-12 deficit. That is one format I can guarantee we will crush them especially post Misbah-Younis retirements.

Edited by Gollum

For cricket's sake I hope Asia Cup is a huge hit among spectators, viewers and sponsors....cricket needs a strong Asia now more than ever. Don't care if we win or lose but hoping that we get to see high quality action and a few major upsets.