Sign in to follow this  
sourab10forever

ICF Write-A-Thon : Be a part of our team of editors

Hello ICFers,

Starting this IND-ENG ODI series, we shall have one match-report published for every Indian game as an article on our home page. This will be assigned to one volunteer who is willing to give a brief 300-600 words analysis/report of the game. He can discuss any particular point/observation in detail, a performance of any individual payer or just the overall report of the game.

The top 4-5 contributors will become part of the new team of writers/editors. Your articles will be posted on facebook and twitter and will be awarded a new badge to show-off on the site(like the ones that mods have).

Please note that the entire article must be original and not copied from any other source.

I shall set the ball rolling and give the match-report for the ongoing 2nd ODI between India and England. The 3rd ODI has been allocated to our chief @G_B_. All the 5 test matches are up for grabs.

Interested members, please post below and get the game allocated to your name.

Roaster for ENG v IND test series

Pre-Series Analysis and Stats Analysis(Previous India tour of England): @Trichromatic

1st test match Report: @Cricketics

2nd Test Match Report: @Austin 3:!6

3rd Test Match Report: @jalebi_bhai

4th Test Match Report: @velu

5th Test Match Report: @Slicker392

Post Series Analysis: @Malcolm Merlyn;

2 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

Where do I sign up?

I will call a spade a spade. Not for the faint hearted or thin skinned

Right here

Make any article related to current issues or the upcoming IND-ENG series. Around 500 words. Contact me or @Trichromatic via PM and we can assist you at that.

Edited by sourab10forever

4 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

Where do I sign up?

I will call a spade a spade. Not for the faint hearted or thin skinned

No sign up required. Just create a thread and post it there. Mods will add it to articles and share it on our FB/twitter.

On 7/18/2018 at 3:00 PM, Austin 3:!6 said:

@sourab10forever - I would write for Lords test Day 1

On 7/21/2018 at 10:08 AM, sourab10forever said:

It will be Match reports for the entire test and not day reports

Have allocated you the Lord test. The Complete Roaster will be posted below.

There is no restriction either. If you want to post about day 1 too, then feel free to do it. 

Any member can write about any match/day/series, history of the game, statistical analysis, their experiences, photo stories of matches - international/domestic/league, opinions, expectations. 

Just reading this thread - I think its a bad call to have reports for entire tests as opposed to individual days.  We can fall back to multi-day or full-test reports if we have a shortage of volunteers - I'd be surprised if that's the case though. 

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

Just reading this thread - I think its a bad call to have reports for entire tests as opposed to individual days.  We can fall back to multi-day or full-test reports if we have a shortage of volunteers - I'd be surprised if that's the case though. 

Test report is just minimum what we are trying to get. We will try to add more than day reports. @sourab10forever will be coordinating with volunteers once the test series starts.

On 7/30/2018 at 7:11 PM, sandeep said:

I'd like to contribute time permitting.  How are slots being co-ordinated?

Please do one for day 1.

It was good contest overall and bit unexpected too. I am sure more insights will be good read.

Would be great if we get more than one analysis on this performance. 

I'm ok with one review a test match. Too many reports will dilute the thread and honestly we don't have that many great cricket brains here. We have folks here who like ishant Sharma and braindead Umesh uafav and hardik pandya ahead of proven jadeja. Then they want Rohit Sharma

I mean look at lalloo or switchsports, those dudes can hardly put 5 words together coherently. Forget about entire articles

8 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Please do one for day 1.

It was good contest overall and bit unexpected too. I am sure more insights will be good read.

Would be great if we get more than one analysis on this performance. 

Didn't watch enough to do justice to a write-up.  May be able to watch a good chunk today.  Will confirm...