Jump to content
Trichromatic

How do you describe this inning - 37 (59) when RRR is over 15?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Comparing kaif and yuvi ( 2 batsmens)  to Dhoni and kuldeep :p: (1 lone warrior and a bowler) 

He was batting with both Raina and Hardik. His score when they both were batting was 11 of 24

Share this post


Link to post

as much as a travesty as Sachin Tendulkar 100th...

 

atleast for Tendulkar's 100th everyone was eating his brain and not letting him even breathe... he was under tremendous pressure.

whereas I never knew Dhoni was nearing his 10K until this game started...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

He was doing practice right from start and not after Pandya got out.

Meh... That's how dhoni always starts. Start slow and finish off high. Unfortunately he has no support from other end. It was very ununusual but understandable innings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rasgulla said:

Meh... That's how dhoni always starts. Start slow and finish off high. Unfortunately he has no support from other end. It was very ununusual but understandable innings. 

Usual and understandably selfish knock is what you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

He was batting with both Raina and Hardik. His score when they both were batting was 11 of 24

Don't thing kaif got out when yuvi was batting or the other way round. To win matches like these you need 2 batsmens to stay. Not one batsmen and a hopeless tailender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rasgulla said:

Meh... That's how dhoni always starts. Start slow and finish off high. Unfortunately he has no support from other end. It was very ununusual but understandable innings. 

Always have to respect players who don't try when things look tough. And when things look impossible. Respect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rasgulla said:

Don't thing kaif got out when yuvi was batting or the other way round. To win matches like these you need 2 batsmens to stay. Not one batsmen and a hopeless tailender. 

There were 2 batsmen with Dhoni and he was still batting at SR of 57. 

 

There is no excuse for not showing intent.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Trichromatic said:

Usual and understandably selfish knock is what you mean?

Please read it again you said that not me. There is nothing sachin about it. He could have got his 50 today if he was going that way... He decided to hit and unfortunately got out. Middle order doesn't get to bat on pattas like rohit. So match practice was needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rasgulla said:

Please read it again you said that not me. There is nothing sachin about it. He could have got his 50 today if he was going that way... He decided to hit and unfortunately got out. Middle order doesn't get to bat on pattas like rohit. So match practice was needed. 

What was he doing at SR of 57 with Pandya and Raina when there was still chance to win the match?

 

Match practice. If that's not selfish, then what is it?

 

Playing for personal practice in an international match with 2 batsmen.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, kosingh said:

Always have to respect players who don't try when things look tough. And when things look impossible. Respect. 

Would have lost by a huge magrin even he even tried. Match was totally out of control when pandya got out. Respect or disrespect I ll leave that to you. I m putting forward my opinion. That's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

And a forward defense. This is modern version of 36 (174) by Gavaskar.

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/65035/england-vs-india-1st-match-world-cup-1975/

 

It was played at Lords only. 

 

Forget about hitting boundaries, attempt to hit boundaries, MSD isn't even trying to score singles. He is happy to block and stay till 50th over.

 

250 in 45 overs is worse than 230 in 50 overs for him now, I guess.

It was a tribute by Indian team to gavaskars 36. Look they scored 236. Dhawan tried to betray them but thankfully got out.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

What was he doing at SR of 57 with Pandya and Raina when there was still chance to win the match?

 

Match practice. If that's not selfish, then what is it?

 

Playing for personal practice in an international match with 2 batsmen.

He was just starting like i said... Dhoni accelerates at the end overs. It's just sad raina and pandya couldn't hang around with him. Not sure what 2 batsmen you on about... They are gone way before 40th over and match was gone. 

Share this post


Link to post

Most bizarre run chase since that Mongia-Prabhakar * up against WI some 25 years back. After that match both were banned for the rest of the tournament and there was an investigation committee headed by a retired CJI, let's see if Kohli has the gonads to drop Dhoni/Raina for 3rd ODI. That should be a bare minimum, if BCCI won't institute an investigation committee they will have zero credibility left. I have tolerated enough **** from Dhoni for many years but what he did today blew my mind, expect bikau media to overlook this unusual match but any right thinking fan must wonder whether we watched an honest sporting performance or an underworld performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Would have lost by a huge magrin even he even tried

That's an excuse for not trying.

 

I won't clear exam, so I won't study.

 

2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Match was totally out of control when pandya got out. 

But practice started right after Kohli got out from 27th over of the game.

Share this post


Link to post

Pathetic to watch seniors play in such a manner. No urgency, zero intent displayed & we hope this team can win the WC in 2019.:facepalm:
Was there even a bit of planning after Kohli departed?? The ever increasing RR was treated insignificantly.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

What was he doing at SR of 57 with Pandya and Raina when there was still chance to win the match?

 

Match practice. If that's not selfish, then what is it?

 

Playing for personal practice in an international match with 2 batsmen.

Can't believe you're still falling for this cheap 50 cents troll. Bhai usko cricket samaj mein nahi aati.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Rasgulla said:

He was just starting like i said... Dhoni accelerates at the end overs. It's just sad raina and pandya couldn't hang around with him. Not sure what 2 batsmen you on about... They are gone way before 40th over and match was gone. 

When requirement is higher then everyone changes game, but Dhoni didn't. Why? For his personal match practice?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

He was just starting like i said... Dhoni accelerates at the end overs. It's just sad raina and pandya couldn't hang around with him. Not sure what 2 batsmen you on about... They are gone way before 40th over and match was gone. 

it's normally a good idea to begin to accelerate before the 50th over

Share this post


Link to post

As per Dhoni fans, top order should have scored 300 runs in 40 overs so that their thaliva could have played a masterful innings of 15 runs in 40 balls to anchor the innings to end and then they would have cheered and hailed him as the greatest finisher ever. 

Really sad to see Dhoni playing like this. Dhoni has been one of my favorite cricketer ever but he is only losing fans because of these type of innings. Dhoni should retire now and save himself from further embarrasement if he even feels one.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

That's an excuse for not trying.

 

I won't clear exam, so I won't study.

 

But practice started right after Kohli got out from 27th over of the game.

Dhoni starts off slow. There is nothing new there mate. You keep repeating the same thing. Raina was the aggressor and then it was pandya.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Can't believe you're still falling for this cheap 50 cents troll. Bhai usko cricket samaj mein nahi aati.

You stick to sniffing sachin. :phehe: Even this troll talks about cricket. Waaa Abandons his state for another and claims "WE" won so many ranjis..  LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Hell Raiser said:

As per Dhoni fans, top order should have scored 300 runs in 40 overs so that their thaliva could have played a masterful innings of 15 runs in 40 balls to anchor the innings to end and then they would have cheered and hailed him as the greatest finisher ever. 

Really sad to see Dhoni playing like this. Dhoni has been one of my favorite cricketer ever but he is only losing fans because of these type of innings. Dhoni should retire now and save himself from further embarrasement if he even feels one.

When you chase 320 you can't lose early wickets and worse lose early wickets and not score enough in power plays 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, rkt.india said:

I won't blame dhoni alone. Raina and kohli hit 3 boundaries combined in 119 balls with an SR around 77. That was the biggest reason we lost. 

You being harsh on Virat and Raina, their mistake was getting out at the wrong time but that partnership was the best phase of our chase. 150 for 2 after 30, India would have had a great chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jusarrived said:

When you chase 320 you can't lose early wickets and worse lose early wickets and not score enough in power plays 

Bro I agree that you need good start when you are chasing big totals, but the  top order alone won't win you all the matches.

Moreover its not only about winning and loosing its about Dhoni's intent. I bet you if India were even chasing a total of 270 even then Dhoni would have played like this because he even struggles to rotate strike and puts pressure on other batsman to maintain the required rate.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

You being harsh on Virat and Raina, their mistake was getting out at the wrong time but that partnership was the best phase of our chase. 150 for 2 after 30, India would have had a great chance. 

At 25, we needed 195.  You can't bar at sr of 75 chasing 323. There was no intent. Chasing 8 an over for 25 overs was never going to happen with the way they were batting.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

What did Raina try? I I didn't see any try. He hit 1 boundary in 63 balls.

Raina was definitely trying to go after Rashid when he was batting with Kohli but he just doesn't have the ability to do that anymore. He's not good enough to play at this level anymore but to say he was not even trying is false. 

Share this post


Link to post

there were other innings that dhoni has played before which have had question marks but today's innings was simply indefensible ,there was no need to shut shop at the stage he came in to bat,he has just lost all ability to bat now.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×