How do you describe this inning - 37 (59) when RRR is over 15?

Just now, Rasgulla said:

Meh... That's how dhoni always starts. Start slow and finish off high. Unfortunately he has no support from other end. It was very ununusual but understandable innings. 

Always have to respect players who don't try when things look tough. And when things look impossible. Respect. 

Just now, Rasgulla said:

Don't thing kaif got out when yuvi was batting or the other way round. To win matches like these you need 2 batsmens to stay. Not one batsmen and a hopeless tailender. 

There were 2 batsmen with Dhoni and he was still batting at SR of 57. 

There is no excuse for not showing intent.

Just now, Trichromatic said:

Usual and understandably selfish knock is what you mean?

Please read it again you said that not me. There is nothing sachin about it. He could have got his 50 today if he was going that way... He decided to hit and unfortunately got out. Middle order doesn't get to bat on pattas like rohit. So match practice was needed. 

Just now, Rasgulla said:

Please read it again you said that not me. There is nothing sachin about it. He could have got his 50 today if he was going that way... He decided to hit and unfortunately got out. Middle order doesn't get to bat on pattas like rohit. So match practice was needed. 

What was he doing at SR of 57 with Pandya and Raina when there was still chance to win the match?

Match practice. If that's not selfish, then what is it?

Playing for personal practice in an international match with 2 batsmen.

1 minute ago, kosingh said:

Always have to respect players who don't try when things look tough. And when things look impossible. Respect. 

Would have lost by a huge magrin even he even tried. Match was totally out of control when pandya got out. Respect or disrespect I ll leave that to you. I m putting forward my opinion. That's it. 

31 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

And a forward defense. This is modern version of 36 (174) by Gavaskar.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/65035/england-vs-india-1st-match-world-cup-1975/

It was played at Lords only. 

Forget about hitting boundaries, attempt to hit boundaries, MSD isn't even trying to score singles. He is happy to block and stay till 50th over.

250 in 45 overs is worse than 230 in 50 overs for him now, I guess.

It was a tribute by Indian team to gavaskars 36. Look they scored 236. Dhawan tried to betray them but thankfully got out.

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

What was he doing at SR of 57 with Pandya and Raina when there was still chance to win the match?

He was just starting like i said... Dhoni accelerates at the end overs. It's just sad raina and pandya couldn't hang around with him. Not sure what 2 batsmen you on about... They are gone way before 40th over and match was gone. 

Most bizarre run chase since that Mongia-Prabhakar * up against WI some 25 years back. After that match both were banned for the rest of the tournament and there was an investigation committee headed by a retired CJI, let's see if Kohli has the gonads to drop Dhoni/Raina for 3rd ODI. That should be a bare minimum, if BCCI won't institute an investigation committee they will have zero credibility left. I have tolerated enough **** from Dhoni for many years but what he did today blew my mind, expect bikau media to overlook this unusual match but any right thinking fan must wonder whether we watched an honest sporting performance or an underworld performance. 

2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Would have lost by a huge magrin even he even tried

That's an excuse for not trying.

I won't clear exam, so I won't study.

2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Match was totally out of control when pandya got out. 

But practice started right after Kohli got out from 27th over of the game.

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Can't believe you're still falling for this cheap 50 cents troll. Bhai usko cricket samaj mein nahi aati.

1 minute ago, Rasgulla said:

He was just starting like i said... Dhoni accelerates at the end overs. It's just sad raina and pandya couldn't hang around with him. Not sure what 2 batsmen you on about... They are gone way before 40th over and match was gone. 

When requirement is higher then everyone changes game, but Dhoni didn't. Why? For his personal match practice?

As per Dhoni fans, top order should have scored 300 runs in 40 overs so that their thaliva could have played a masterful innings of 15 runs in 40 balls to anchor the innings to end and then they would have cheered and hailed him as the greatest finisher ever. 

Really sad to see Dhoni playing like this. Dhoni has been one of my favorite cricketer ever but he is only losing fans because of these type of innings. Dhoni should retire now and save himself from further embarrasement if he even feels one.

3 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

That's an excuse for not trying.

I won't clear exam, so I won't study.

But practice started right after Kohli got out from 27th over of the game.

Dhoni starts off slow. There is nothing new there mate. You keep repeating the same thing. Raina was the aggressor and then it was pandya.