lamellavig

Pant dropped for England lions unofficial test

1 hour ago, lamellavig said:

Srikar Bharat has been chosen over him. Check squads in cricinfo and cricbuzz.

There is nothing on these websites. The squad has not even been finalized. 

Edit: The squad has been updated. Vijay and Rahane are 99% likely to play. With Saha a doubt for the England series, Pant might also feature for India A. Thread will be kept up till we know for sure.

https://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/sports-news/ajinkya-rahane-murali-vijay-set-to-play-for-india-a-against-england-lions-before-announcement-of-indian-test-squad-4745781.html

4 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

This is really old news :giggle: Can't believe people are falling for it. He just played in 2nd Test 

48 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Good decision. With name like Bharat his destiny ll be like Virat :bow:

You fell for it yourself :rofl:

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Is it announced or checked sqauds that was already annunced, coz pant was added last minute for 4 day games

OP is talking about the squad that was announced on 8th May. That squad is going to be updated.

2 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

OP is talking about the squad that was announced on 8th May. That squad is going to be updated.

just checked Pant instagram, he still is with A-team....

I think had he been dropped he wud have gone back........may be we are looking at old squads only

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

just checked Pant instagram, he still is with A-team....

I think had he been dropped he wud have gone back........may be we are looking at old squads only

Agree. I believe he'll play tomorrow.

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I do think Pant does have Dravid-Selectors' backing- else he wouldn't have been selected for the 4 day A squad also.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Saha is likely to miss out and Pant is going to be the standby for Karthik. Will most likely play vs Lions.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not standby , its a 5 match test series.......pant shud be their as 2nd keeper in the squad

Yes... that's what I meant. Second keeper if Saha is not declared fit and Karthik is first choice.

pant is well backed by dravid or else he wudnt have made a last minute entry in India-A test team

Yeah sure but with his lacklustre Ranji stats, I don't think he is gonna be fast tracked into the Test squad-as much as Dravid wants.
It is either Dinu Kartik or Parthiv Patel who is playing the Tests.
Kohli rarely risks playing Youngsters.

8 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Yeah sure but with his lacklustre Ranji stats, I don't think he is gonna be fast tracked into the Test squad-as much as Dravid wants.

Pant has a really good first class record. It's hi list a record that's the issue so not really lackluster.

Fangs of dhoni and csk running deep into Indian crickets flesh,putrefaction is spreading fast,antidote needed
Machiavelli decided to reincarnate in Lower Middle Class Indian family working In a Steel plant in Bihar.
Growing up, Machiavelli reincarnated was gifted with skills in football, cricket and badminton.
He was a king in Politics too-but he chose cricket as his profession.
He grew up to become the most widely known cricketer of the country, renowned for his stumpings and finishing.
He inspired and influenced hundreds of people-who affectionately call him Thala.
Machiavelli could have become the PM of India in this janm-but he decided to take up cricket and serve the country.
Never the less, even in this janam, he will continue to build a legacy of his own.
After retirement too, Thala will continue to influence Indian Cricket for the better.
After Captain Cool, be ready to see Coach or Selector Cool.
He can even be the bcci president

Pant has a really good first class record. It's hi list a record that's the issue so not really lackluster.

List A?
The thing is Pant is having a great season
Good IPL, good A tour- I do think the likes of even Kohli and selectors are wanting him in the team

But they can't risk dropping Dhoti because he is the only somewhat Brainy guy of the team.
Kohli knows pretty well he is not a good captain.
I do think there is a tryst on the part of PR agencies to build sympathy for Pant-because marketingwise, Dhoni is irreplaceable.
But IMO, overhyping somebody before s/he actually makes a big impact internationally is a step taken in the wrong direction

It creates more dislike for a player than normal.
For example KL rahul.
While I do think this is part for his OTT behaviour , rahul is already drawing flak from my acquaintances for being overhyped.
Dude, you can't really create Superstars from your own will.
Superstars bante hai, banate Nahi.
Even the likes of Neymar and Cr7 had to score it big in the senior level to win sponsorship.
But likes of Rahul, Gill, Pant are getting marketing even before they are scoring big.
Over marketing doesn't work.
Even kohli who was marketed heavily before he actually started to perform, has been falling down from the likeability radar.
One more bad tour+horrible WC and he is getting eggs.

One thing is clear - Wriddhiman Saha's career is over.
We will run with DK and Parthiv for a few years- with Pant slipping in and out of the squad.
Who knows even the over eager KL rahul picks up wicketkeeping to lengthen his stay in the squad.

15 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

One thing is clear - Wriddhiman Saha's career is over.
We will run with DK and Parthiv for a few years- with Pant slipping in and out of the squad.
Who knows even the over eager KL rahul picks up wicketkeeping to lengthen his stay in the squad.

Your thoughts doesnt look like mere speculations they can be real ...very interesting

Your thoughts doesnt look like mere speculations they can be real ...very interesting

They are speculations at this point and I can get fanciful.
So take them with a pinch of salt
But this is what I feel- and my gut feelings mostly come true.
IPL legends like KL rahul and Pant are not making it big- rather their annoying PR will only backfire in case of a bad performance.

3 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

They are speculations at this point and I can get fanciful.
So take them with a pinch of salt emoji23.pngemoji23.png
But this is what I feel- and my gut feelings mostly come true.
IPL legends like KL rahul and Pant are not making it big- rather their annoying PR will only backfire in case of a bad performance.

Exactly

Exactly
Excessive PR before making a significant impact is only gonna backfire.
No doubt the likes of Pant and Rahul is talented, But overhyping them on the basis of ipl will only serve to make some new haters after one **** performance.
But even the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar had to slog hard before getting money and fame.
Rahul is lamba race ka ghoda though- he is part timing as a wk so that made me think him as an option After DK & PP retires.
Dhoni has a tendency to destroy the careers of people who threatens his position- That is why Pant I don't think won't have much chance unless he signs for Rhiti or Bunty.
And if the selectors and Rahul Dravid shows over intent to squeeze in Pant into the team, you know who are going to be kicked out

5 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

what lacklusture , he scored more then 1000 last to last yr and then last yr was burdened with captaincy that to of delhi cricket which is under so much of politics

Parthiv dropped 5-6 catches in SA , usko keeping krwane se acha pagal kutte katwale kohli apne aap ko 

On 7/15/2018 at 6:45 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Maybe bigger things awaits for him. I think he will be selected in test squad inplace pf Saha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If he was being considered for the 2nd keeper slot, there's no way he wouldn't be playing this match.