more valuable player Ganguly or VVS?

Rohan495

Re: more valuable player Ganguly or VVS? Gangulaaaay, every single time. Even in test cricket; there isn't much to choose from between the two - Laxman only averages 42 to Ganguly's 40 and has scored fewer hundreds. Factor in ODI's, and Ganguly comes out on top easily. Laxman is the better batsman, but utlimately the results are what matter most.

Re: more valuable player Ganguly or VVS? yea but what separates Laxman from Ganguly is Laxmans ability to conquer the most premier bowling attacks in the world, Laxmans record against Australia and South Africa shows what i am talking about, unfortunately it seems like Ganguly has a lot of support compared to Laxman such as Bengal sports authorities and as well as many ministers in the parliament, you never hear once an outburst from politicians in regards to Laxman. Again in most cases Ganguly is a good batsmen against bad bowling, bulk of his runs has come playing against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, etc. please dont say Ganguly is a selfless individual or give him a tag of such sort.He is known to be quite selfish. Laxman is more of a selfless individual often he is the one shuffled in the batting order sacrificing his number 3 spot. Besides in test match cricket ganguly has never scored a double hundred, and one reason why Laxmans an automatic better test batsmen is the 281 178 167

Re: more valuable player Ganguly or VVS?

Laxman has played far more match winning innings than Ganguly in Tests. .
Far more ? The count, as of right now - is 4 to 3 in favour of Laxman. FAR MORE, i think not ! EDIT; come to think of it - Ganguly was 98* in the '01 Kandy test. So it really should be 4 and 4.
I don't know how you came with 4 to 4 .Right from the top of my head , I can count at least 5 for VVS . 281 178 167, 67(match winning Mumbai) , 72 ( SA first test Match Winning). With all due respect , I am sure VVS has played many more match winning than Ganguly. I will check cricinfo .In fact , during the SA tour , commentators like Shastri , Manjrekar , Donald were all commenting about Laxman's big match ability.