Saha likely to miss England Test series

21 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24104994/wriddhiman-saha-likely-miss-england-test-series

Pappu might have another shot as reserve keeper for the forthcoming Test series if Saha is out for all the five tests.But,if Saha recovers after  1st or 2nd test he might well become the reserve keeper

Pant has just played a match winning knock in 4 day test, he has acclimatised to English conditions.He should be automatic choice as the reserve wicket keeper.

If he is not selected in the squad,than it is clear that it is not for cricketing reasons.

Pant has just played a match winning knock in 4 day test, he has acclimatised to English conditions.He should be automatic choice as the reserve wicket keeper.

If he is not selected in the squad,than it is clear that it is not for cricketing reasons.
If Pant gets selected, good luck to him. But looks unlikely given Dinu Kartik hanging around.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

If Pant gets selected, good luck to him. But looks unlikely given Dinu Kartik hanging around.

Not necessarily a bad thing, though is it? We have Kishan & Pant as ready made replacements for Mr. Phony and the test keeper. The more exposure they get at FC level, the better it'd be for our test side. We still have to kick former Captain cool though, since he won't retire on his own & Kohli is his sugarbabe.

Pant gets picked up for Eng lions games, looks like 95% chance will be 2nd keeper in upcoming test series . Now he has to bat n keep really badly to screw his chance 
Pant gets picked because he is better than that Srikar Bharat and because Dravid likes him.
Question is: is Pant a part of Kohli/Dhoni's inner circle?
Obvious answer is no.
He will probs be the 2nd keeper but I don't think he will actually play unless and until Kartik performs really bad.
Likes of Sid Kaul and Chahar gets chances because they are friends with Kohli and Dhoni respectively.

5 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Pant gets picked because he is better than that Srikar Bharat and because Dravid likes him.
Obvious answer is no.

what has dhoni got to do with test selections 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He will probs be the 2nd keeper but I don't think he will actually play unless and until Kartik performs really bad.
Likes of Sid Kaul and Chahar gets chances because they are friends with Kohli and Dhoni respectively.

2nd keeper only gets a chance when 1st fails or gets injured 

Kaul n kohli frends????

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Obvious answer is no.

After his performance in India A tour of Australia Naman Ojha was selected for the England test series as replacement for injured Saha.But the selectors had clearly stated that he would only be 2nd choice wicket keeper.

He was in good form, but it was mentioned that he should not be selected in the playing 11 & should be treated as standby