3rd odi, India Vs England on 17 July 2018, Headingley, Leeds,

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Didn't Sachin suggest it?
I read somewhere Chappell hyped Kartik as India's next Captain.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

nope it was chappel 1st in 2005 or 06, sachin suggested in 2007 which is when he became captain

Writing in his autobiography Fierce Focus , Chappell said such was the hierarchy in the team that youngsters were petrified of speaking before a senior such as Sachin Tendulkar in the team meetings.

“The real ray of hope for Indian team was Mahendra Singh Dhoni, one of the most impressive young cricketers I'd ever worked with. He was smart, and able to read the game as perceptively as the best leaders,” Chappell wrote.

“If I wanted to know what was going on in the middle, Dhoni became my go-to man. He would eventually break down one of the biggest problems in the India teams,” he added, referring to the young players' reluctance to express themselves.

Link -https://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-sports/dhoni-was-my-goto-man-says-greg-chappell/article2610311.ece

Dhoni has leadership quality: Chappell

Showering praise on Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Indian coach Greg Chappell said on Monday that the Jharkhand wicketkeeper has the potential to become a great leader.

Addressing a function organised by the Jharkhand State Cricket Association in Jamshedpur to felicitate Dhoni for being the first cricketer from Jharkhand to play for the country, Chappell said Dhoni has a positive attitude and plays the game whole-heartedly.

"Dhoni is a good hitter of the ball and has the potential to become a great leader. has no false modesty and judges the situation to ably tackle it," Chappell said

Link - http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2006/apr/11dhoni.htm