Regardless of what happens in tomorrow's ODI

I haven't seen a bigger swing between chest-beating optimism and pessimism amongst Indian cricket fans ever. It's been a pretty wild ride under Kohli. Statiscally, India is winning more matches although some losses such as CT final or the test series loss in RSA, mainly due to poor scheduling or strange selections, were pretty hurtful.

PS: I have followed cricket since 1987. 

Edited by GolGappe
13 hours ago, GolGappe said:

I haven't seen a bigger swing between chest-beating optimism and pessisim amongst Indian cricket fans ever. It's been a pretty wild ride under Kohli. Statiscally, India is winning more matches although some losses such as CT final or the test series loss in RSA, mainly due to poor scheduling or strange selections, were pretty hurtful.

PS: I have followed cricket since 1987. 

You'd think that this isn't much on the fans, is it? Kohli's selling this fake idealism that he plays only for an Indian win, the 3 years under his captaincy have proven that it's anything but! He's just making friends, enjoying the ride & taking Indian fans for a ride. His mentor and biggest creditor is still there, sharing the spoils with a drunkard, who's also supposed to be the head coach.

20 minutes ago, velu said:

we got a gun team..

we got a good bench strength as well..

our main problem is not picking the right playing xi and giving chances to the right players in the wrong format..

i guess every team has one or two issues as well

How can you say any team is gun team when they have Dhoni.India has gun top three and two writ spinners other than that there is nothing special about this team.

1 hour ago, velu said:

we got a gun team..

we got a good bench strength as well..

our main problem is not picking the right playing xi and giving chances to the right players in the wrong format..

i guess every team has one or two issues as well

What bench strength. Pandey,Rahane,DK(can go back to old ways any moment),Rayudu,Jadhav?

Current Middle order Raina,Dhoni,Pandya

Rahul has proved himself in tests and T20's batting in the top 3 but has not proved himself in ODI's. You always get a feel,he is 2-3 failures away from being kicked out and see above the legends ready to replace him.

Our Top 3 has been winning us games 99% of the time and even then Rohit-Dhawan in non-flat conditions are not reliable.

Bhuvi-Bumrah injured and Shami's personal troubles and we have Kaul opening the bowling for us and Unadkut is one niggle away to another bowler to make a comeback. our bench is Thakur,Chahar etc.

The 2 leggies are good.

We had a u-19 squad full of  players that looked good enough to roll over some 2nd tier teams leave alone u-19 teams but not a single guy is even in consideration for selection.

Same with our previous U-19 team which had likes of Pant,Kishen,Samson etc and none of them are even close to being selected.

Sundar wins man of the series and he is no where to be seen. Siraj gets tried in T20's and that is the end of that. Krunal Pandya doesn't even get a chance. 

We have world class management at the junior level but at the senior level there is so much politicking and garbage.

2 hours ago, cric_fan said:

When does the Test series start?

No point in stressing over a bilateral ODI series.

WTF selections in tests are also a norm under Kohli.

I think that is one problem with a superstar player being the captain.

He thinks he fruccking owns the team as he has done enough favours to the team and nation by winning matches to do so.

Edited by Number

It's about the right players getting opportunities irrespective of the result. As long as they fight it out in the middle and show some pride playing for the country, that's all it matters. But the current bunch are anything but that starting from the captain, who are just using Indian team as a platform to promote their brand. I'd say fcuk off to them. 

Edited by Lannister

I literally don't care about this series now.England is tough team.No shame in losing them.

Just want Rahul to cement his place at 4.Otherwise Dhoni will be switched to 4th again by our impotent management stating the excuses which they have been giving since last few years to save chosen one..He can screw us as many times as he wants below 6th No. 

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

He is not playing , Bumrah has choked in high pressure situations both in T20 semis and also CT finals so it is not a given that he will perform.

Bumrah is top class and like you said chokes in pressure situation. Yes he has bowled yorkers in pressure situation but that's because of the skills that he perfected through hard work. What I didn't like is he took offense to a harmless joke of traffic police like an entitled superstar. Dude first stop bottling then throw tantrums for such silly things.