England 6 - 1 Panama

England 0 - 1 Belgium

England 1 - 1 Colombia

England 2 - 0 Sweden

England 1 - 2 Croatia

England 0 - 2 Belgium

If they had won the world cup they might have renamed London :rotfl:

@G_B_   @YCCC   :hehe:

https://www.news18.com/news/sports/next-stop-gareth-southgate-london-rail-station-renamed-after-england-boss-1813891.html

I can't understand the minnow mentality exhibited by the English, these Bangladesh type stunts don't cover them in glory. 

• England invented football
  • Won a World Cup 
  • Have produced many ATGs in this sport
  • Great football culture, their number one sport
  • Top class football league, probably the best in the world
  • First world country, great sporting infrastructure
  • Huge pool of talent
  • Best brains in the business

Beggars belief as to how/why they behave like this? Unlike some parts of the world (South Asia, S.E Asia, portion of Africa...) they have a great sporting culture. Also a very literate society with high levels of education....definitely not emotional train-wrecks like us desis. After all this their brouhaha over a mediocre WC campaign looks absurd. Theoretically they may have finished 4th but lost 3 matches and were not 4th best based on the performance they showed on the field. 

There were even talks of an open bus parade. Glad that got called off but now this !!!! Really they should be aiming higher, been a big letdown in these major tournaments so far. It isn't like they can't produce champions, GBR finished 2nd in Rio Olympics (pretty sure majority won by English) and that is the sign of a sporting powerhouse. For their own good they must reduce the hype around the footballers until they do something worthwhile. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I can't understand the minnow mentality exhibited by the English, these Bangladesh type stunts don't cover them in glory. 

• Won a World Cup 
  • Huge pool of talent

Beggars belief as to how/why they behave like this? Unlike some parts of the world (South Asia, S.E Asia, portion of Africa...) they have a great sporting culture. Also a very literate society with high levels of education....definitely not emotional train-wrecks like us desis. After all this their brouhaha over a mediocre WC campaign looks absurd. Theoretically they may have finished 4th but lost 3 matches and were not 4th best based on the performance they showed on the field. 

There were even talks of an open bus parade. Glad that got called off but now this !!!! Really they should be aiming higher, been a big letdown in these major tournaments so far. It isn't like they can't produce champions, GBR finished 2nd in Rio Olympics (pretty sure majority won by English) and that is the sign of a sporting powerhouse. For their own good they must reduce the hype around the footballers until they do something worthwhile. 

I don't get involved in the hype, not my style, so I can't explain why it happens. I keep myself grounded and rarely get emotional when playing or watching sport but If England ever won a world cup in cricket or football I would probably explode, go mental, cry etc like when Hull were promoted to the premier league for the first time back in 2008 and beat Arsenal away the following season.

Strangely I was more reserved when Yorkshire won the back to back Championships in 2014 and 2015, probably because it looked certain to happen for most of the season.

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

• Won a World Cup 
  • Huge pool of talent

Did you forget their media chest thumping when they beat us 4-0?

It was the most annoying period in cricket for me even more than 2008 monkeygate. Thankfully that period ended when padosis beat them 3-0 in UAE.