Muslims forced to drink alcohol and eat pork in China’s ‘re-education’ camps, former inmate claims

asterix

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-re-education-muslims-ramadan-xinjiang-eat-pork-alcohol-communist-xi-jinping-a8357966.html

Muslims were detained for re-education by China‘s government and made to eat pork and drink alcohol, according to a former internment camp inmate. 
Omir Bekali, one among perhaps a million people reportedly arrested and held in mass re-education camps, said he was detained without trial or access to a lawyer and forced to disavow his beliefs while praising the Communist Party.

Mr Bekali, a Kazakh citizen, said he contemplated suicide after 20 days in the facility – which itself followed seven months in a prison.

Since spring last year authorities in Xinjiang region have confined tens or even hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the camps, including some foreign nationals. One estimate put the figure at a million or more.

A US commission called it the “the largest mass incarceration of a minority population in the world today” while a leading historian called it “cultural cleansing”.

============================

Amazing that there were no protests or demonstrations by any human right organisations anywhere. Maybe I’m not aware of it.
Liberal friends in this forum, could you please enlighten us?

PS: This is not “Whataboutery’... You may call it exposing the hypocrisy...

This re-education camp seems like a fun place hmmm.gif

You have to admire the Chinese... Nobody can touch them on these Human Rights issues... They can just focus on becoming an Economic super power... Don’t have time to waste on these minority issues...

The least I could expect from the Libtaards is to organise protest march in so called civilised World floating the blimp of Chairman Xi...

Bleeping Hypocrites...

8 minutes ago, asterix said:

You have to admire the Chinese... Nobody can touch them on these Human Rights issues... They can just focus on becoming an Economic super power... Don’t have time to waste on these minority issues...

The problem is we are a pseudo-democracy. We are not like the US where there is a lot of nationalistic pride, their corporate donate to the army,hire vets etc, most of their presidents come from an army background or it helps if you have one. So even if you a left-right leanings,overall it is national interests and national pride at stake.

China is the the other extreme. They take decisions and stick to it come what may. Even Russia has come a long way since the fall of the empire thanks to one guy running the show.

On the other hand we are still debating whether lingayats need reservations etc.

Nehru's economic policies have been made redundant but still a lot of hangover and stench from his ideologies. 

Nuetral to chakka hota hai and that is what our political class is be it BJP or Congress. We just have to go with a swadesi chakka rather than a international transgender at this moment.

Edited by Global.Baba

As long as China’s is the world’s factory, no-one cares about the mistreatment for millions of these Ughir Muslims

There will be no boycott of Chinese goods, ristrictions of Chinese investment, pulling investment out of China or self ban to travel to China, especially by Muslim countries from Middle East to Indonesia.

Muslims in China's 'Little Mecca' fear eradication of Islam

HIGHLIGHTS
Authorities have severely curtailed the number of students over 16 officially allowed to study in each mosque and limited certification processes for new imams
All the 355 mosques have been instructed to display national flags and stop sounding the call to prayer to reduce "noise pollution" — with loudspeakers entirely removed

Read more: https://m.timesofindia.com/world/china/muslims-in-chinas-little-mecca-fear-eradication-of-islam/articleshow/65004044.cms

===========================

If not Liberals, atleast Paks should take this up with China... Afterall they are close to China and can negotiate with them for the cause of their “brother”...

The Chinese ruling class is “atheist”... Look at the scale of atrocities on poor Muslims. Is that how “Atheists” operate? Shame on these “atheists”...

The self styled Liberals & Atheists, especially those “Muslim in the night, Atheist in the day” should immediately launch World Wide agitation and protest about these atrocities done by their brothers in China...

The Chinese ruling class is “atheist”... Look at the scale of atrocities on poor Muslims. Is that how “Atheists” operate? Shame on these “atheists”...

The self styled Liberals & Atheists, especially those “Muslim in the night, Atheist in the day” should immediately launch World Wide agitation and protest about these atrocities done by their brothers in China...
Atheism is just a position on belief on God/Gods. It's not some kind of an organized cult where people follow teachings based on some book or some preachings.

I am only bothered to defend on why I am an atheist and my position on other religions but I don't feel any responsibility to fight or defend policies of Chinese regime just because they have an atheistic outlook.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Atheism is just a position on belief on God/Gods. It's not some kind of an organized cult where people follow teachings based on some book or some preachings.

I am only bothered to defend on why I am an atheist and my position on other religions but I don't feel any responsibility to fight or defend policies of Chinese regime just because they have an atheistic outlook.

That’s fine... my message was to those who do selective outrage depending upon which country/people/religion they want to target...

If you tout yourself an impartial human rights activist, you should be the last person to selectively show outrage, preach others etc...

That’s fine... my message was to those who do selective outrage depending upon which country/people/religion they want to target...

If you tout yourself an impartial human rights activist, you should be the last person to selectively show outrage, preach others etc...

Oh, I see where you are coming from. I completely agree on that.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Wonder why the otherwise hyper CPI(M) loses its voice in this particular issue. Also JNU mein ek waqt ka protest toh banta hai, wonder why those shining young luminaries seem unaware of this development :dontknow:.

The simple truth - everyone fears/admires might. It takes courage to question your own hypocrisy.