Clueless & Corrupt Kaptan King Kohli

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And i would say a captain is as good as the team. 

correct 70-80% but what u do with those resources is also important 

Captain is as good as the team, but he shud be good enough to make the most out of resources 

When u constantly chop n change so much, it doesnt help young player infact neither seniors . 

Now m up for kohli to open , but if he wants to play manan as opener give him few games or if he wants to open follow it for few games. Same was the case with kulwant . 

Good teams have consistency, u give RCB to other captain and they ll take more out of them then kohli 

• He has southee n woakes in his and yet corey is the choosen one for last over, dnt tell me he is using his resources well 
  • Corey has been out of touch n CDGH is his 2nd option, again not using right resources
  • U dnt serve sundar to raina n raydu at start, raydu kills the spinner and raina breathes easy
  • Look at gambo , whenever dhoni comes he put fielder under his nose. Even ashwin did that to kohli............he is not even using diff tactics . As they no batsman likes fielder under his nose at start 
  • Watson never had a fixed batting order in RCB, in CSK he has and looks in a happy space

and dnt even get me started on the body lang of him in pressure situation, infact even ABDV......juniors look upto seniors in crucnh situations and KOHLI, ABDV are not the faces and body languages u shud been watching.........

Since people love to hate dhoni here so they wud deny even if it comes from a player that dhoni calmness help in pressure, but it does ........even if its going haywire but u look at him and he looks it atleast gives u some assurance to calm ur nerves that coz he gives that feeling that things are in control even if they are not . Take gambhir n rohit example, in pressure situatation they are fuming yet they give the impression they are in control

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yesterday, when Dhoni hit that six of wide yorker by Siraj, they all were on to Siraj. He lost it after that, bowled 3 wides in a row.  Dhoni hit a great shot and Siraj should have still stuck to his yorkers. 

yup both ABDV n kohli were in his ears , in such situations to much of information to a youngtser is not good 

wide yorker to dhoni is the best plan , if he hits it credit to him .....still stick to ur plan coz he wnt be able to hit all of them out of the park 

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

#1 despite his captaincy, TBH.  His team selections have been horrible.

O please . We can all disgree with 1 or 2 yes but which captain would not get this 

icf picks team would have 1000 different teams 

he has transformed our test team .  Now positive aggressive fighting unit . All down to skipper really that 

but of course in giggle ipl he is judged loool

4 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

90% of indian fans don't give a **** about test cricket. Test matches often rate lower than daytime serials.

Old farts like you are a minority.

I don’t base what I think is important on tv ratings .

why don’t you stop watching Cricket altogether and watch kardashians all day 

1 hour ago, BeardedAladdin said:

This is IPL, not international cricket.

You have a certain amount of control over the players you can buy. Kohli can pick and choose players from any part of the world, from any country.

This excuse doesn't work for an IPL captain.

He builds shitty teams, and his captaincy isn't very good. AND he is underachieving as a batsman.

This.

IPL captaincy is more like dictatorship where captain having maximum control to form a team and strategies. Its easier to do what we like and stuff and easiest to select the players as you wish.

As compared, International cricket would be more like democracy where there is always some checks and balances with inputs from coaches, management, selectors, seniors and contemporaries, etc. A captain has to work with multiple people with authority and would not have as much control as IPL. Which is actually the right way IMO.

I feel IPL captaincy can make you great if you have a super star brain and good work ethics. If not you will be terrible, bcos the scope of responsibilities+pressure on captain's shoulder is higher in IPL as compared to International cricket.

Siraj and Corey have to be dropped. In the 8 overs they bowled, they have conceded 106 runs. Half the runs in chase were scored from just two bowlers. Worst part is that even after the batsman targeting these two bowlers, both did not pick even a single wicket.

Yes, Umesh Yadav dropped one catch off Corey's bowling but thats the only one impact ball that was bowled within 8 overs bowled by that pair. What these two run leakers and wicket-less bowlers also do is help opposition build a big T20 partnership at more than required run rate. 

After much thought over a glass of whisky gazing into the stars, composed a poem, here it goes:

Kohli LOL

What a TROLL

Alternatively when Dhoni messes up one can modify the original masterpiece as

Dhoni LOL

What a TROLL

Since @Mariyam is the wittiest poster here with a gift for poetry, I will ask her what she thinks about my effort. Kitne star dengi mere kavita ko ? You can give rating in terms of cadence, diction, rhyme, creativity, imagery, ability to provoke thought and intellectual discussions............

I was impressed with Dhoni's innings yesterday and was also caught up in the following hype. 24 hours later my perspective has changed. He played well, respected the in form bowler, ran quick singles, hit the big shots when needed, it was in some ways vintage Dhoni. 

That said this was a much poorer bowling attack. Dhoni will not face the sort of pie-chuckers Kohli seems to have packed RCB with, anywhere else in the cricketing calendar. That was a club level bowling attack as well. Plus he had excellent support from Raydu and Bravo. So all in all, it was an epic innings against a weak opposition in friendly batting conditions.

That said I sincerely hope this innings and this IPL per se, reignites some of Dhoni's old form and confidence. Because India will need it if there's any hope of winning the WC. The Mumbai Minions trimurtis, a.k.a NoH!t, Pandya and to some extent Bumrah.....they are a big setback to the teams prospects. They will play nonetheless but do not deserve to. I hope Rahul replaces NoH!t. Dhawan and Kohli are good at the top. Then rest of the batting line up is a lottery.

Dhoni in form will help proceedings a lot. There is no other reliable keeper batsman available to replace him atm.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

After much thought over a glass of whisky gazing into the stars, composed a poem, here it goes:

Kohli LOL

What a TROLL

Alternatively when Dhoni messes up one can modify the original masterpiece as

Dhoni LOL

What a TROLL

Since @Mariyam is the wittiest poster here with a gift for poetry, I will ask her what she thinks about my effort. Kitne star dengi mere kavita ko ? You can give rating in terms of cadence, diction, rhyme, creativity, imagery, ability to provoke thought and intellectual discussions............

You flatter too much!

I would rate your master piece a 10/10. Poetry meter in place.

The poem might seem slight in terms of size, but its effect is powerful. I laughed aloud at the second stanza which reads like a satirical playlet .The words are profound and can would have a huge impact on the works of the philosophers of the future. In terms of impact, I'd place your masterpiece right with Nietzsche's Thus spake Zarathustra