Team selection for test series against England. Pant, Kuldeep picked for first three England Tests, Rohit left out [Updated post# 1]

25 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

You never know in 5 match series, after 0-3 down, it can happen. 

So what will captain uber cool do till then, warm his hands in the English sun? Kohli needs a serious thrashing, problem is India's gonna get thrashed in the process as well!

Ok sure the selections will be disastrous as usual. Take Murali Vijay for example. Why is he a certainty in this test lineup?For the last 2.5 years , he has barely averaged 40 with the bat and even this is because he bashed Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan in a total of 5 tests. He was decent against England but England s two best fast bowlers were unfit for that tour. He failed against NZ/AUS and in SA and in WI.  Definitely not someone who can currently cut it against proper English seam attack with a red dukes ball. 

Get Shaw and Pant as reserve.

They have both aclimatized to these conditions. 

Shaw has been brilliant. He being on the bench will keep the fire burning in the openers.

As much as I like Vijay...I feel his time is up . Get Shaw in his place if vijay fail in the first test. 

Pant has done fairly well too. He doubles up as reserve wicket keeper and middle order batsmen.

Give them an opportunity if others fail or are niggled.

Edited by beetle
13 hours ago, sarchasm said:

What are the chances of Shaw making a wildcard entry if he slams a century tonight? Personally, I think he's primed for a test debut.

Ask Ankit according to him Shaw was exposed in ipl and he thinks Rohit, Dhwan has better technique and deserve more chances also they have experience to succeed.

23 minutes ago, beetle said:

Shaw has been brilliant. He being on the bench will keep the fire burning in the openers.

Pant has done fairly well too. He doubles up as reserve wicket keeper and middle order batsmen.

But Ankit sir said he ll be exposed. Like uncle kohli looking for experienced player. Ankit sir also want him to grind in Ranji for 2-3 years and also shaw has loose technique and international bowler wiil expose him ,he is far behind in picking order as well according to great Ankit sir.

3 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

where did u read the 18 number...

As per Espncricinfo

India will announce their Test squad on Wednesday, for the Test series in England. Keeping in mind the rigorous schedule - five matches played across six weeks - India will most likely have an 18-man squad, as was the case during the 2014 tour which also had five Tests. It is not clear whether the selectors will pick the squad for the five Tests at one go, or just part of the series to begin with. Either way, these are the questions ESPNcricinfo predicts the selectors will ponder before finalising the list:

3 hours ago, beetle said:

As much as I like Vijay...I feel his time is up . Get Shaw in his place if vijay fail in the first test. 

But as per Kohli selection criteria, can he bowl 2 overs of part-time spin ie Raina ji