Epic Humiliation

Not really a humiliation, foolish to put it that way.

Our 2 key bowlers were injured & Eng is the best team in the world. They whitewashed Aus at home and almost whitewashed them in Aus when they were full strength. 

Sure, we got serious questions to address, but 2-1 wasn't an unexpected outcome. 

3 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Not really a humiliation, foolish to put it that way.

Our 2 key bowlers were injured & Eng is the best team in the world. They whitewashed Aus at home and almost whitewashed them in Aus when they were full strength. 

Sure, we got serious questions to address, but 2-1 wasn't an unexpected outcome. 

Humiliation not because of the eventual 2-1 result but its the way we lost. That Lords ODI and booing will talked about for long time. And the way we bowled and especially fielded today is utter shameful. Yes Eng is no.1 but we have not descended from Mars. We are no.2 team as well. Much more effort was expected.

5 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Its sad to lose obviously, but no humiliation fumiliation...that is all personal thing which you guys are overreacting IMO... England is indeed no.1 team and was far better than us...credit to them.

2 out of 3 games, we got bitch slapped.

Abject surrender by our batting in 2 games. 

Got booed by our own fans in one of the games. 

If not for Kuldeep in the first game, we may be staring at a whitewash. 

How is this not a humiliation? 

Edited by sensible-indian
9 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

2 out of 3 games, we got bitch slapped.

Abject surrender by our batting in 2 games. 

Got booed by our own fans in one of the games. 

If not for Kuldeep in the first game, we may be staring at a whitewash. 

How is this not a humiliation? 

Sorry, I dont see it as humiliation. It is frustration jo logo ka bahar aa raha bas. We were outplayed by a better side and we have our own problems we need to work on. But the results overall are decent so far.

If I remember correctly we won 4-0 Tests, 2-1 ODIs, 2-1 T20s when England toured India. That was complete hammering.

2 minutes ago, Bilal78 said:

Tasali ho Gaye?

Teri kami thi bas, aa gya apne Bill se Bahar tasali tasali khelne, apni team ki aukaat dekh pehle phir muh khol, yeh no. 1 aur no. 2 team ki series thi, tum minnows ka yaha kya kaam? 

11 minutes ago, Bilal78 said:

What minnows?

We beat you the last time we met so you have no right to taunt us, son, you’ll end up humiliating yourself.

Though I agree Pakistan is a good team and far from minnow but one game proves nothing. In last 8 games, Ind won 7 - Pak 1

Bilaterals are pointless, this wasn't humiliation by any stretch of imagination unlike our non stop choke jobs in latter stages of ICC events post 2013 CT. Disappointing may be but if team management and selectors use this setback to correct some discernible wrongs, we will look back at this series as a necessary roadblock for course correction after we win the WC next year. We desperately needed a reality check and England obliged, now it depends on how we respond. For too long our flaws were superficially managed but Poms ripped it wide open and kudos to them. 

Tests OTOH are the real deal and if we flop there that will be humiliation, more so against this beatable England team. I would have taken 0-3 and 0-3 at the start of the tour in exchange for a rare test series win and I haven't changed my mind. Don't fret over useless matches, take a few days off and recharge your batteries for 40 days of high octane cricket + speculation, predictions, gossip, whining, exasperating, cheering, abusing, celebrating, bakar bakar..... We have won many ODI series/tournaments in England but in the last 31 years only a single test series win there. Moreover we must think of extending our test legacy, if we have a good 2018 in red ball cricket we may occupy top spot for 5-6 consecutive years (FYI we are in the 22nd consecutive month right now) ...that is elite territory bettered by only ATG WI and Aus. Cheer up folks :cheer:!!!!

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bilaterals are pointless, this wasn't humiliation by any stretch of imagination unlike our non stop choke jobs in latter stages of ICC events post 2013 CT. Disappointing may be but if team management and selectors use this setback to correct some discernible wrongs, we will look back at this series as a necessary roadblock for course correction after we win the WC next year. We desperately needed a reality check and England obliged, now it depends on how we respond. For too long our flaws were superficially managed but Poms ripped it wide open and kudos to them. 

Tests OTOH are the real deal and if we flop there that will be humiliation, more so against this beatable England team. I would have taken 0-3 and 0-3 at the start of the tour in exchange for a rare test series win and I haven't changed my mind. Don't fret over useless matches, take a few days off and recharge your batteries for 40 days of high octane cricket + speculation, predictions, gossip, whining, exasperating, cheering, abusing, celebrating, bakar bakar..... We have won many ODI series/tournaments in England but in the last 31 years only a single test series win there. Moreover we must think of extending our test legacy, if we have a good 2018 in red ball cricket we may occupy top spot for 5-6 consecutive years (FYI we are in the 22nd consecutive month right now) ...that is elite territory bettered by only ATG WI and Aus. Cheer up folks :cheer:!!!!

All the fretting is only because our middle order is piss-poor and there is no change in sight with the World cup less than a year away.

WC win >= Test series win in England.