Dhawan's lackadaisical attitude and Rohit's dot ball problem

14 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

Now this is not a knee jerk thread. I understand overall these 2 have done well, but Dhawan's careless attitude is very annoying to watch. He may be the second coming of Bradman for all I care, but if he's not willing to pull up his socks and give it his all then there are many others in a country of 1.2 billion happy to put in the required effort. If he put as much effort into diving while running and trying to save his wicket (2 times this tour already when he just didn't bother running seriously or putting a dive in) as he does when slapping his thigh like a paindu after taking a catch, then it'll be much better for the team.

Rohit's dot ball problem has forever been an issue. He gets away with it every now and then because he does have the ability to go big and can hit sixes regularly once set on very flat pitches (which is most of ODI cricket these days so not a knock on him), but he does need to rotate strike better. Even in the last double against SL, his first 100 was quite slow IIRC on an absolute pancake and if he had got out then it would have been a below par innings on that kind of pitch. It is really important that he works on this because a 2(18) innings will mess us up big time at the WC particularly with a useless middle order.

NB: I am NOT asking that either of these players is dropped or something ridiculous like that - just pointing out long standing issues with these two.

i wrote nearly the same thing in the match thread yesterday... dhawan's attention span just seems too short.. 

16 hours ago, R!TTER said:

We have, in KL, but we also have to accommodate 3 big egos in top 3 so he doesn't get a long rope.

Spot on. I think over the long term KL will prove to be a better opener than Rohit. Rohit can bat at 4 or 5. The field will be more spread out and it will be easier for him to rotate strike. It is a better move than moving Kohli to 4 because Kohli is arguably the greatest ever ODI bat at number 3 (definitely in the top 5). 

4 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Rohit needs to be dropped as soon as Prithvi becomes ready.
I don't think KL will be Rohit's replacement, he will rather be Dhawan's replacement and might take up wicketkeeping.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Rohit will never be dropped by Kohli/Shastri. I am sure they are trying to figure out how to get him into the test side now, forget ODIs. He got into a test team to SA ahead of Rahane with a test batting average outside the SC lower than Ashwin's on the basis of a series at home against SL....that's how desperate Kohli Shastri are to keep him in the mix....in ODIs where he actually has decent numbers there is no way he will be dropped at least for the next 2 years.

9 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Rohit needs to be dropped as soon as Prithvi becomes ready.
I don't think KL will be Rohit's replacement, he will rather be Dhawan's replacement and might take up wicketkeeping.

cool down... did you see prithwi's batting technique...? boy doesnt move his feet. he will be found out like Sehwag in swinging conditions. these kind of mistakes need to be corrected before he is 23-24, otherwise another Sehwag, Ganguly in the making - brilliant batsman but falls short of Tier-1 genius because of a glaring technical deficiency...

If Don Bradman had premature ejaculation disorder, then he becomes Shikhar Dhawan.

Every single time, this guy looks like a million bucks for the first 30 balls he faces and then a brain fart happens. sometimes idiotic run outs. for such a talented opening batsman, he did not score more than 135 something - tells the story about his failure to capitalise on his initial momentum.

I dont think his attitude is careless. He bats positively.  Some days it works, some days it does not. People can never be happy.  You cant have all batting like Rohit and Kohli. You need at least one opener who is looking to score quickly, hit boundaries, making use of the PP.  

On 7/17/2018 at 11:28 PM, Dil Dil India said:

Now this is not a knee jerk thread. I understand overall these 2 have done well, but Dhawan's careless attitude is very annoying to watch. He may be the second coming of Bradman for all I care, but if he's not willing to pull up his socks and give it his all then there are many others in a country of 1.2 billion happy to put in the required effort. If he put as much effort into diving while running and trying to save his wicket (2 times this tour already when he just didn't bother running seriously or putting a dive in) as he does when slapping his thigh like a paindu after taking a catch, then it'll be much better for the team.

Rohit's dot ball problem has forever been an issue. He gets away with it every now and then because he does have the ability to go big and can hit sixes regularly once set on very flat pitches (which is most of ODI cricket these days so not a knock on him), but he does need to rotate strike better. Even in the last double against SL, his first 100 was quite slow IIRC on an absolute pancake and if he had got out then it would have been a below par innings on that kind of pitch. It is really important that he works on this because a 2(18) innings will mess us up big time at the WC particularly with a useless middle order.

NB: I am NOT asking that either of these players is dropped or something ridiculous like that - just pointing out long standing issues with these two.

Lol

Rohit will never be dropped by Kohli/Shastri. I am sure they are trying to figure out how to get him into the test side now, forget ODIs. He got into a test team to SA ahead of Rahane with a test batting average outside the SC lower than Ashwin's on the basis of a series at home against SL....that's how desperate Kohli Shastri are to keep him in the mix....in ODIs where he actually has decent numbers there is no way he will be dropped at least for the next 2 years.

Next 5 years.
10 bhi ho sakte hain
I am sure Kohli And Shastri will force the selectors to get him into the Test Side after scoring Daddy runs against a weakened Australia.

57 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Three double 100s as an opener, average of 50 plus. @Switchblade anyone with those stats will be a great.

Flat wickets weak bowling attack apart from Australia has failed in South African conditions except that century in Port Elizabeth and even in New Zealand he failed.Stats can be misleading he is an over rated player boosted his stats by playing on flat pitches.