Devdutt Padikkal

On 7/18/2018 at 11:27 AM, UrmiSinhaRay said:

What I don't understand is Kohli's reluctance to include talented youngsters-instead relying on Uncles.

Money, money, money, MO-ney.

Young future superstars are a big magnet for endorsement cash.  Why create competition when you can keep Shikhar Dhawan in T20 team and nobody dares question it.  Bat in the top order, rack up big ODI numbers, outsource the dirty risky job of scoring quickly in ODIs to "lower class" players - Rayudu, Shankar, Karthik, etc - recycle them or throw them out if they "fail".  Profit.  

When Manish Pandey says that he wants to bat in the top order, shunt him out for not being a "team man".   

I was never a fan of Ganguly's "captaincy".  He gets a lot of undue credit for "leadership".  BUT, Ganguly's team was falling short of winning tournaments like Kohli's and to his credit, he tried to address that problem by some pro-active measures.  Asked Dravid to play ODI as keeper-bat.  Promoted Sehwag to ODI opener from #6 batsman.  Made Dhoni realize his batting potential by similarly giving him chances at #3.  

In Virat-raj, new 'boys' get to debut at #5, 6, and stay there.  While the Fedual Zamindars in the top 3 batting positions carry on making money selling Asian Paints etc.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:30 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Definitely a player to watchout for ...he has a bit of yuvraj n gayle. Tall n powerful

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/138260/devdutt-padikkal-s-36-20

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/135704/devdutt-padikkal-s-fluent-92

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/135122/devdutt-padikkal-s-well-compiled-50-54

He has gotten me excited as like how shaw, gill, pant ,kishen did 

His List A avg is 60

and t20 avg - 80 with a s/r of 171 

You said the same thing about Dube :cantstop:

Anyway hope this kid does well and comes up through the ranks than being rushed based on one or two cameos or freak knocks

BCCI bosses need to have a look in,this guy is amazing 

His bat swing is exceptional,reminds me of Yuvraj but looked a little better in handling short balls,no mean feat he had Varun bowling at him at 148ks

Hit him with utter disdain over his head straight ,it clocked at 148 ks

Not overhyping him ,but applauding his batsmanship,he is in great form

A troop of youngsta beauties is there and we arr still going with proven failures like dhawan,jadhav etc

38 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

BCCI bosses need to have a look in,this guy is amazing 

His bat swing is exceptional,reminds me of Yuvraj but looked a little better in handling short balls,no mean feat he had Varun bowling at him at 148ks

Hit him with utter disdain over his head straight ,it clocked at 148 ks

Not overhyping him ,but applauding his batsmanship,he is in great form

A troop of youngsta beauties is there and we arr still going with proven failures like dhawan,jadhav etc

That was 143, not 148.

6 hours ago, maniac said:

You said the same thing about Dube :cantstop:

And dube has flopped??

This urgency to declare to someone flop without knowing or testing them is bizzare . Its took ishant sharma 95 test to make u say - oh im the one who supported him, 6 yrs in case of Rohit sharma

Anyway hope this kid does well and comes up through the ranks than being rushed based on one or two cameos or freak knocks

who is asking them to rush....i want him to play 3-4 years of domestic and A games atleast. We have enough options in top order to give him time but in case of someone like dube we dont  have that many lower order options which is why even hardik was fastracked.

1-2 knocks....have u followed him in domestic he is avg 80 in t20 and 60 in 50 overs which is not possible with 1-2 knocks

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
46 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

I can see the talent easily,he can play all around the filed unlike Pant.his quickest path to A teams and further is scoring heavily in ranjis.

True, this guy looks like all rounder hitter of the ball. Good to watch as well, elegant batsman.

Edited by SK_IH