Pakistan Elections 2018 | Imran Khan becomes Pakistan Prime Minister

Asim

pic_1530710849.jpg

Major contest between top 3 parties

PMLN - Shehbaz Sharif (Brother of Nawaz) vs

PPP - Bilawal Bhutto zardari (s/o Asif Zardari) vs

Imran Khan

In my view, Imran Khan's party for the first time looks like holding most chances to form new government (may be using alliance with independent contestants and few other small parties) considering PMLN Nawaz been sent into Jail for corruption charges and PPP mainly strong in Sindh only...

Edited by Asim

40 minutes ago, kira said:

Phateechar taliban khan won't win, who wants to become a PM of a failed state anyway, it's not like the PM in your country has any power, your civil government is a pet dog of your army

Chances are that Imran Khan will win. 

Imran Khan is playing the role of being a boot licker of Army, Establishment and Taliban and all Mullahs. 

Imran Khan's party members are making alliances with the banned terrorist Jihadi outfits. 

Actually, earlier these Jihadi outfits were banned by the State of Pakistan under the International pressure. But now establishment has took back the ban, and allowed these terrorist organisations to take part in the Elections, and their bank accounts have also been released. 

There are only few who have been raising voice against this ban lift, but surely Imran Khan is not one of them. Imran Khan has not uttered a single word against it, actually his party members have been openly making alliances with these banned outfits in many constituencies. 

There is a danger that lifting ban of these Jihadi Organisations may put Pakistan into the black list from the grey one. 

We have the unfortunate situation in Pakistan i.e. there is NO Secular non-corrupt Alternative. 

People's party is slightly left wing secular party, but the worst corrupt party in Pakistan. Actually, this party almost strangled the image of secularism in Pakistan and thus people think Islamic system is better than secularism. 

Majority of the Pakistanis online seem to be rabid supporters of Imran khan who think he is some messiah that will take Pakistan to new heights. Some are even expecting Imran Khan to be more critical of India compared to pro Indian Nawaz.

Let's see what happens. 

Edited by rageaddict

6 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Majority of the Pakistanis online seem to be rabid supporters of Imran khan who think he is some messiah that will take Pakistan to new heights. Some are even expecting Imran Khan to be more critical of India compared to pro Indian Nawaz.

Let's see what happens. d

lol punjabis voting for a pathan. its not gonna happen. Pakistani are just as fractured regionally as India. 

Could it be a hung parliament considering that all three sides have their set of loyal supporters and Imran getting the thumbs up from some swing voters but not having the historical base to get to the majority ? 

Does he & his party have the reach to the corners of the country to emulate Modi effect from 2014 and gain a majority ?

47 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Could it be a hung parliament considering that all three sides have their set of loyal supporters and Imran getting the thumbs up from some swing voters but not having the historical base to get to the majority ? 

Does he & his party have the reach to the corners of the country to emulate Modi effect from 2014 and gain a majority ?

This time he's looking 'favorite' to win, more than ever before during his 22 years political career...

Nawaz corruption verdict and PPP having leadership crisis have given advantage to Imran Khan +Political stalwarts from all across country (thinking Army and establishment looking soft on him this time) have shifted to Imran Khan party (in last 5,6 months) which has automatically extended his reach all over country, infact his party now probably have biggest set of candidates, that too across every province... So looks like he will form a govt with help of independent candidates along other small parties...

From Global perspective it will interesting to see what happens economically, especially if IK wins majority and seemed to want stop all CPEC work and review/renew financial terms again

Pak’s is facing a debt crisis, heavy currency depreciation over last 1 year, and Chinese declining interest free loans

Pakistan will need some sort of bail out, will IMF provide it? Essentially using IMF money to reward dodgy Chinese lending or will IMF tell Pak to stop all CPEC work and reduce Chinese loans? 

Or will China continue throwing bad money after bad money in Pakistan further increasing annual repayment to China Gov?

Looks like Hambantota Part 2 coming up

Honestly after reading so much about support for Immy from overseas Pakistanis (esp those paindoos from Britain) I would want him to win this time around so that I can see with my own eyes what this all big hoopla about him really is.

Never understood his appeal tbh. A great Cricketer for sure but always came across as a novice political leader to me for some reason.

2 hours ago, Asim said:

Polls tomorrow...

All of latest polls and predictions suggesting Khan going to make it but PP nd N are masters of 'Elections Day' strategies so u never know...

Why are you worried  ? Isn’t  it already decided it will be Imran Khan by the army ?

On 7/18/2018 at 3:23 AM, Asim said:

pic_1530710849.jpg

Major contest between top 3 parties

PMLN - Shehbaz Sharif (Brother of Nawaz) vs

PPP - Bilawal Bhutto zardari (s/o Asif Zardari) vs

Imran Khan

In my view, Imran Khan's party for the first time looks like holding most chances to form new government (may be using alliance with independent contestants and few other small parties) considering PMLN Nawaz been sent into Jail for corruption charges and PPP mainly strong in Sindh only...

They are all chootiyas, imran khan got Nawa Sharif locked up and is talking about fair elections lol...i hate nawaz sharif also but imran khan is the Modi/Trump equivalent of India. Big talks to get civilians on his side but a hypocrite from the inside. 

P.S Calm down all modi lovers, i dont like him...my personal view....if you do good for you.

Earlier, due to the International pressure, Pakistan banned the Jihadi outfits. 

But now Pakistani Judiciary allowed all the banned outfits to take part in the elections, and also ordered their assets to be released. Even Hafiz Saeed and his newly formed party is taking part in the elections. 

No one protested upon it. 

It seems that Pak Army is supporting it. 

While candidates of Imran Khan and Nawaz Sharif and even of PPP are going to he local leadership of these banned outfits and asking them for their support in order to win their seats. And indeed these banned outfits are supporting the candidates of different parties in different constituencies. 

Perhaps MQM is the only party who is protesting against the participation of banned outfits. And then there is an individual Jibran Nasir who is protesting upon it. 

Pakistan is already in the grey list, and I am afraid that Pakistan will land in the black list after this election.