Ganguly Slams Team Selection After Series Loss, Asks for Rahul to be Given Extended Run !!!

velu

New Delhi: Sourav Ganguly has criticized the Indian team's selection policy and the top-heavy nature of the batting line-up during the post-match analysis of the third ODI which England won comfortably by 8 wickets on Tuesday. 

Speaking in the show aired by the host broadcasters, Ganguly along with Harsha Bhogle and ex-England spinner Graeme Swann did a post-mortem of the 3-match ODI series which the hosts won 2-1. The former India skipper highlighted how India needed to give KL Rahul a consistent run of matches batting at number 4.

Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahul, Kaarthik, Krunal, Hardik, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Kuldeep, and Chahal.

First choice backups: Sundar, Pant, and pick any flucking trundler in case one of the fast bowlers break down.

Barring injuries, this would be my nucleus for World Cup and should be given assurances and protection from unnecessary experiments.

Chahal needs to pull his chaddi up as far as fielding is concerned.

I think presence of Krunal would lift Hardik's game further.

This way we have sixth bowling option and backup wkt keeping option covered.

My 2 cents.

hats off to Saurav...

i agree to everything he has said..i feel we need KL rahul at 4 or at no 3 not Rahane as rahane is meant for tests and not ODI as I agree that he cannot force the pace like dhoni , he cannot hit upon and ensure run flow, he also slows down...i hope Kl rahul can maange to Bat well, i feel shreyas IYER should also be in the echeme of things and kartik should be the keeper and dhoni should retire...Pant or Kartik should play for INDIA as Keeper.

2 minutes ago, YCCC said:

I like Ganguly. Was excellent on Sky in 2014. Nothing against Harbhajan, he's been ok, but you can tell he hasn't done much commentary before. Ganguly's insights were very good and he showed his sense of humour, particularly over an incident in Manchester, which they somehow caught on camera, where he was refused entry to a train as it was too full 

You are being too kind to Harbhajan. He is a complete disaster in the commentary box.

13 minutes ago, kosingh said:

You are being too kind to Harbhajan. He is a complete disaster in the commentary box.

Poor bhajji has to be spoonfed to provide something insightful about spin bowling and even then he ends up talking rubbish. But I won't be too critical in that regard as English isn't his strong suit. 

However he deserves ridicule on things like when he was prompted to talk about which Indian youngsters are most promising and he came out with Karun Nair :facepalm:only for Michael Atherton to embarrass him and mention young talents like Prithvi Shaw & Shubman Gill :hysterical:

Poor bhajji has to be spoonfed to provide something insightful about spin bowling and even then he ends up talking rubbish. But I won't be too critical in that regard as English isn't his strong suit. 

However he deserves ridicule on things like when he was prompted to talk about which Indian youngsters are most promising and he came out with Karun Nair :facepalm:only for Michael Atherton to embarrass him and mention young talents like Prithvi Shaw & Shubman Gill :hysterical:
Isn't Gill his Ranji Teammate?

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk