Why is Rahane being mentioned by all these so called experts

How the heck is he even up for consideration in limited over set-ups?

He shouldn't even make Mumbai's OD team let alone India's.

Do these experts watch games in some other dimension that we are not aware of?

As much as despise Dhoni the batsman, I'd still take blind-folded Dhoni over Rahane any single day. Going back to him would be a huge step backwards.

I never rated Kaarthik the batsman in limited overs. But, credit to him. He wants to get going right away and has built up some strength so can slog when neeeded. Rahane is just a slow-poke with complete disregard for match situation.

5 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Because experts don't know ****.

Is there even a single worthwhile expert who understands modern loi in our country? 

Genuine question. 

Agarkar seemed sensible to me most times, others not so much. Most senseless will have to be Sanju Manju obviously.

Edited by Forever Indian
1 hour ago, sensible-indian said:

Because experts don't know ****.

Is there even a single worthwhile expert who understands modern loi in our country? 

Genuine question. 

Nope. They have not understood the impact the 2 new ball rule has had and the need to bat aggressively upfront. Although to be fair, only England have really understood that. 

When top 3-4 work we look good, let’s just accept it. We need rahane for days like 3rd odi. If top 4 are going great then skip rahane and move to pandya and whoever replaces dhoni.
Rahane will be there is Aus ODIs.
Kohli and Shastri will override the selectors.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk