Bhuvneshwar Kumar to return to India to recuperate from lower-back issue

saik

1 hour ago, saik said:

He should now relax on his favourite bed for 30 days and get himself treated and do a bit of run only.

he should come back when he is in peak fitness and not hurry up...probably not play against england.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

This is a huge blow. We lost one good swing bowler we had because of this dumbass team management and the support staff. Why did he play Ireland and England ODI's if he was not fully fit? :facepalm: 

to be honest it does not matter if he had played ODIs or or not. he could not last 4 overs of T20, no way he could last a test match.  it is more than just a back spasm. its more than three months now he has been in and out of the field.

6 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Someone should get fired with all regards to this. I said it if it is not knock out world cup game, there is no way someone should take risk of playing BK. It is a basic common sense, even i expect that little bit from Bewda and Jamoori Party. 

Two things that i reckon matter here:

i) How much was known about his fitness/injury and how frequently was this assessed ? This applies to all players in pro sports. What is the current mechanism to identify and address player fitness for team India ?

ii) What was known before/during the IPL ? He seems to have carried on through the tournament with no eye towards international cricket. Is this out of ignorance about fitness issues or was it a personal call ? Worst case, was it tacitly allowed at the highest levels since IPL is the money maker ?

22 hours ago, Brainfade said:

Team will regret this if they're given grassy, swinging, classic English conditions and don't have their best swing bowler.

India will be given grassy pitches and that's the only opportunity for england to beat india otherwise Ashwin and Kuldeep will fry english batsman in a Hot Spicy Pan and eat them up in 40 overs every innings ..if the Pitch offers little assistance to SPIN , ashwin and Kuldeep will make it a one sided competition....and english batsman know this well.

Still they cannot handle kuldeep and chahal , they were lucky that kuldeep could not break through though he did create chances.

But in Tests ..england has no chance but to get green conditions.

14 hours ago, Number said:

I feel he is done :((

No...unless there is some injury to the BACK BONE which it seems is not as if it was fatal he would not be in a position to bowl 125K too..since he did so I am 100 % Sure that its a manageable ....aggressive SLeeping and relaxing - i mean 15 hours a day and a bit of MASSAGE and his Back will be Perfect...

recovery does take 4 to 6 weeks and that will happen easily but then getting back in full shape and 140 K Pace is the CHallenge and can take 3 weeks more...

Just Relax guys...He had Pain but he was Not DOWN totally Like ZAheer KHAN, when he played a test and in few overs he had to be rushed out of the test pitch.