IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla's assistant accused of seeking sexual favours in return for state team selection

Stuge

Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Rajeev Shukla finds himself in a spot of bother as his assistant Mohammed Akram Saifi has been accused of seeking sexual favours for selection in the state cricket team, asking players to arrange prostitutes in return for selection in the Uttar Pradesh State Cricket Board.

A sting was run by Hindi news channel, News1 on Wednesday that claimed that Rahul Sharma was asked to pay in 'cash or Kind' by Akram in return for a place in the UP team. Rahul also alleged that Akram provides players with fake age certificates for participation in different tournaments organised by BCCI.

Shocked to hear about the extent of corruption in UP Cricket. Young talent being curbed by corrupt agents asking for favours. Hope @ShuklaRajiv ji ensures a fair investigation and justice to the young talent & helps restore UP Cricket.I stand by all those who have been exploited

Corruption has been the root cause for the sad state of UP cricket and it stands exposed today. Shame that the future of young talent and UP cricket is compromised for personal gains. Hope fair investigation would help restore the the dignity of the sport to its former glory.

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Kaif is a nice person.
I have met him many times when I used to play .

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Exactly..

Him tweeting about it means there is truth in the accusations.

Both of them have come out and tweeted swiftly.

This must be well known in up cricket circle.

Biryani se ab kaam nahi chalta....