[POLL] How many regulation catches will we drop in England test series and who will top the charts?

Kitne catch chorenge aur catch ka mujrim kaun hoga?   

37 members have voted

1. 1. How many catches will we drop in these 5 tests?

2. 2. Who will drop maximum no of catches?

• Vijay
    • Rahul
    • Dhawan
    • Pujara
    • Kohli
    • Rahane
    • Karthik
    • Pant
    • Ashwin
    • Jadeja
    • Other (specify)
  3. 3. Bowler who will see most drops off his bowling

• Ishant
    • Umesh
    • Shami
    • Bumrah
    • Jadeja
    • Ashwin
    • Kuldeep
    • Pandya
    • Other ( Thakur, someone who is last minute replacement, 4th test entry like Bhuvi etc)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/31/2018 at 03:30 PM

On 1/27/2018 at 10:27 PM, Gollum said:

Never thought I would write this, we dropped 0 catches in Jo'berg while SA dropped 5 !!! Modern day miracle. I didn't see any missed catch by us this match, correct me if I am wrong. If that is indeed correct, final tally is 11 with 9 of them coming in Centurion. 

Most drops by Parthiv Patel (4)

Most affected bowler Ashwin (6)

For reference sake quoting the relevant post from the SA series. We dropped 11 there (all in the 1st 2 tests) and in the only test we won it was mainly because we dropped none and they dropped 5 !!!!

Coming to this tour make your predictions, remember this is a 5 test series. 

Here are mine:

We'll drop 18 catches in total.

Kohli will top the charts with 6 drops.

Most affected bowler will be Umesh. 

Edited by Gollum

Can confidently state that if we catch better than Poms we will win even if we carry over our batting/bowling form from SA. But if we repeat our normal catching routine here we can at max draw the series provided all our main batsmen fire at 150% of their potential. We lost in SA only and only because of catching and our fate here solely depends on this oft underlooked department of the game. 

Edited by Gollum

I think Kohli will easily lead in drops, he is notoriously bad with catching.

I realized after I voted that I should have selected Ishant instead of Umesh. Ishant has the most chances of playing in the most tests in this series I think. Bumrah and BK are both injured, Shami is injury prone, and Umesh is overall lower on the pecking order than both Ishant, Bumrah, and Shami it seems, so he will likely get benched if all are healthy. Ishant is a workhorse who I think has the best chance of playing all 5 tests, so he may have the most chances to have his catches dropped.  

1 hour ago, Tibarn said:

I realized after I voted that I should have selected Ishant instead of Umesh. Ishant has the most chances of playing in the most tests in this series I think. Bumrah and BK are both injured, Shami is injury prone, and Umesh is overall lower on the pecking order than both Ishant, Bumrah, and Shami it seems, so he will likely get benched if all are healthy. Ishant is a workhorse who I think has the best chance of playing all 5 tests, so he may have the most chances to have his catches dropped.  

Ishant doesn't get too many edges behind the wickets though. 

Edited by Number

As usual it will be the RCB duo in spotlight... the captain to drop them many a time and a helpless wry smile on Yadav's face.. I wonder how many crucial game changing catches are going to be dropped this time. That will decide India's fate. The overall count should be >10 considering the length of the test series.

4 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I have seen people saying that he sucks only in slip catching, but this guy drops catches everywhere - at the circle, at boundary. 

Slip catching is worst and he needs to stay away from slips. It won't solve the problem but reduce the number of drops from him. 

w.r.t catches, it's important that we catch everything in the first test.. if that happens we should be fine.. else it is so demoralising and not actually part of the core disciple of the slip fielders and so cannot improve overnight. Can also affect their core...mostly batting 

Good thread

more than bowling and batting concerns, catches have hurt India bad and this continues to be a worry

Especially concern with slips, too many catches dropped with new ball in play, it’s double wammy; you give batsman a life, and don’t expose other batsmen to new ball!

8 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

I have seen people saying that he sucks only in slip catching, but this guy drops catches everywhere - at the circle, at boundary. 

Slip catching is worst and he needs to stay away from slips. It won't solve the problem but reduce the number of drops from him. 

The problem is captains seem to like to play in the slips, so they don't have to run all the way in whenever they want to make a tactical change. Kohli is going to force himself in the slips even though he is such a bad fielder

Apt thread before the test series .

It's no rocket science to understand that kohli will drop the mist if he stands in the slips and unlucky umesh will be the worst affected (iirc he had 5 regulation catches dropped of his bowling when England toured here )