Fakhar Zaman

Lala

Is he in the form of his life?

Well well well, this lad seriously has got the power to destroy any bowling attack in the world. So Far He has done,

• This lad took the Champions Trophy away from India by hitting a match winning 100
  • 304 opening partnership with Imam which is highest for 1st wicket in ODI
  • First Pakistan player in the history to score 200* in an ODI
  • Highest team total in ODI for Pakistan (399/1)
  • Came into 2nd of T20 batsmen rankings with in a very short period

Oh Boy this guy reminds me a young Shahid Afridi in late 90s who is so fearless.

Will he be able to reach fastest to 1000 runs in ODIs?

File photo of Fakhar Zaman. (Photo: AP)
22 minutes ago, Lala said:

Is he in the form of his life?

Well well well, this lad seriously has got the power to destroy any bowling attack in the world. So Far He has done,

• This lad took the Champions Trophy away from India by hitting a match winning 100
  • 304 opening partnership with Imam which is highest for 1st wicket in ODI
  • First Pakistan player in the history to score 200* in an ODI
  • Highest team total in ODI for Pakistan (399/1)
  • Came into 2nd of T20 batsmen rankings with in a very short period

Oh Boy this guy reminds me a young Shahid Afridi in late 90s who is so fearless.

Will he be able to reach fastest to 1000 runs in ODIs?

File photo of Fakhar Zaman. (Photo: AP)

Everything you wrote was great and then you compared him with Shahid.

Fakhar Zaman is the result of Pak's  desire to win as they have given chances to quite a few young players by removing washed out players at right time as one can see they are going uphill,while we are going downhill,Fakhar is a pure hack though, I won't be surprised to see him out of the team at the end of 2019,he will have been sorted out by then and his edges wont rescue him from the inevitable,but surely he is the catalyst Pak needed desperately 

56 minutes ago, Khota said:

Everything you wrote was great and then you compared him with Shahid.

Whats wrong? I was mentioning Shahid Afridi in teenage look similar to Fakhar and not his current form. Apparently both are look fearless when come to international cricket. Hope this lad will not end up his career like Afridi but must be much better player in the future (assume him to play another 10+ years and get 10000 runs).

Guy (like Babar) is scoring runs, u gotta give him that. Pak fans must be thrilled to see the runs on the board after all the batting struggles in comparison to their consistent above average bowling. 

His true reckoning will come in Pak's nemesis, the tour of Australia. 

Edited by Clarke
1 hour ago, Lala said:

Whats wrong? I was mentioning Shahid Afridi in teenage look similar to Fakhar and not his current form. Apparently both are look fearless when come to international cricket. Hope this lad will not end up his career like Afridi but must be much better player in the future (assume him to play another 10+ years and get 10000 runs).

To me Shahid as much as I like him underachieved. I dont like comparisons either. Let him chart his own course.

On a serious note Pakistan today is much better organized and professional team compared to India. 

2 hours ago, Hell Raiser said:

Good find for Pakistan. Proper tullaybaz. Suits their team. But seems like won't have much of a shelf life if Pakistan starts playing against better oppositions regularly in ODI's. Can be a good t-20 batsman though by providing quick starts by scoring 20-25 runs briskly.

so he scores a 100 against us in a champions trophy final, scores a 200*, and yet you call him a tullaybaaz. That's some serious jealousy right there

All credit to Inzi and his co-selectors....also to the world class Mickey Arthur. Pakistan are maximizing their resources, whether they will win the WC or not isn't the question. They will play their best cards and even if they lose, their youngsters will get vital experience under their belts before the 2023 WC in Asia. Good job Pakistan, hope Indian selectors and team management learn something from the neighbors.

Edited by Gollum

@rahulrulezzLol. There is nothing to be jealous about Fakhar Zaman. He is no AB Develiers or KP level talent that I would be jealous off.

I guess you would also call Shahid Afridi a proper batsman as he also has scored centuries and fifties at international level. :laugh:

Those who have seen him bat many times can certainly tell you, he won't survive for long in international cricket. He is just riding on his luck and the edges. He is a hack. He has scored these runs, no one is going to take it away from him, good on him but he is still a tullaybaaz just like Afridi.

Edited by Hell Raiser

okay, so scoring 200 no matter the opposition is a big thing. You have to basically play the whole 50 overs while playing all your shots, which is a hard thing to do. 

BUT

this is a chootiya zimbabwe side with no backbone lol. That being said Zaman is a good player, he has good hand eye coordination which is a huge part of his batting. 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Congrats to Fakhar Zaman and Pakistan fans. A double century is a big achievement no matter who the opponent is. Kudos to Pakistan selectors for backing new talent.

Opponents and bowling attack do matter bhai, you look at all those 200s in, only sachins 200 had quality bowling attack, hence respectable even though it came on one of the flattest tracks, don't be surprised if Rohit the mighty sharma score 300+ if we feed him zimbo attack on flat track with all those nagaravas, muzubuni and god knows whom.