I tied up with Middlesex given their cricket history: Sachin Tendulkar on academy

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/i-tied-up-with-middlesex-given-their-cricket-history-sachin-tendulkar-on-academy/story-dtrbY4FDR08fnFC9nXHLKP.html

“When you’re getting into a partnership, you don’t start with a tail-ender, you start with a solid batsman at the non-striker’s end. I could clearly see that in Middlesex, given their history and contribution to cricket in England,” Tendulkar told Hindustan Times. “Because the summer is going on, we’re going to start with London, and when the conditions allow us to have a camp here, we’re going to have it in November when the rains would have stopped.”

“I’ve always maintained that India is a sport-loving nation, not a sport-playing nation. So, the whole vision is to build a big club like how we have Cricket Club of India or a Bombay Gymkhana where there will be a cricket academy but the club will also have tennis courts, squash courts, badminton, table tennis, swimming pool, billiards, pool and all those things.”

“We are going to look at how promising the kid is. Scholarships will be mainly given to the underprivileged ones, where they can’t afford to pay fees and all those kind of things. We will not allow these financial obstacles to come in their way. We want to support the child and let him/her chase their dreams,” he added.

What have Middlesex actually done for English cricket? Can only think of Strauss. Gatting, Fraser, Tufnell all stink of the horrific decade that was the 90s. Before that I haven't a clue. Admittedly cricket history isn't a strength of mine.

Don't forget your roots Sachin...

sachin_2733615b.jpg