India's middle order

India odi team is too dependent on their top three.Most of the time they sail the team through.

India' s middle order consists of Raina, Dhoni, Karthik, pandey, Rahane, Rayuddu etc.

The team management is averse to blood youngsters so Iyer, Pant,Hooda,Rana are not going to get selected.

Also as per team management, Dhoni is not going to retire uptill he enjoys the game.

So the contenders for the no 4 spot are

Raina, Rahane, Pandey, Rayuddu,.

The team management is not considering Rahul for the no 4 spot as for them the batsman at no 4 should be able to roll his arm over for 2,3 overs.

Jadhav had a decent outing as he was able to play at a good average & was also a handy bowlers.His injury has highlighted the middle order problem The selectors also complicated it by selecting Raina in his spot.

Considering the players in the recogning for the no 4 spot,if he is full fit, Jadhav could solve the middle order problem of our odi side.

11 hours ago, tweaker said:

Kohli & Shastri are his fan.

So were they of yuvraj singh, At the end even they wanna win....ppl say its about frendship but actually its not. They just have bad ideas and they suffer for it .

Some will get that extra cushion but one day it all has to end and its always defeats like this that makes it happen

17 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Btw for the record I'm.not attacking youu and I'm not atta king Rohit because saying anything critical of Rohit or Sachin or   posters who lack intricate understanding of the game gets you banned here 

Calling a spade a spade

Rohit is clueless I accept that but so is Msd or Raina they are washed up has beens in the team.

48 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

How so? They recently played key roles in winning a major championship despite everyone saying they will finish last. They have that winning mentality that cannot be replaced

They are winners. Problem is team is wrongly set up and doesn't suit their strengths. Can't have passengers like Rohit. Can't have e a tail beginning at 8 and a total hit or miss at 7.

Need depth. Follow recipe of the most successful T20 franc hise ever. Have deep batting order that allows Raina and MSD to play freely. Have good fielder's not pot belly like Rohit. Have multi dimensional players all rounders not one densional tuk tuk or miss like Rohit

Rahul

Dhawan (few more chances)

Raina

Kohli

MSD

Jadhav or Vijay Shankar

Medium pace batting all rounder  maybe pandya

Bowling all rounder Chahar or thakur

Spin all rounder jadeja

Proper spinner kuldeep

Bumrah

Ipl is domestic league international cricket is different to a domestic league.

3 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

It doesn't matter. People who couldn't make it to IPL killed India - Willey, root, bairstow etc

You need depth. England can bat up to 9 or 10 sometimes 11 because wwilley Rashid plunkett Woakes can all bat. That gives the top.order and middle order freedom to go every ball

India batting stops at 7. O top of that you have your favorite tuk tuk Rohit shrma up top. That causes team to lose wickets to make up for his tuk tuk and then you have to consolidate because of no lower order

Every successful team these days bat deep - CsK engaldn, Vancouver knightss

Please watch more cricket outside of Indian national team to understand how game has transfortransformed

You are stuck in the 90's where you had tuk tuk openers like prabhakar shastri Tendulkar and a long tail

Wake up. Move on. Game has CHANGED

I have seen cricket But clobbering domestic trundlers and facing international bowlers is bit different and Rohit is not my favourite but I would rather have young players like Pant instead of tuk tuk I am enhancing my brand value Dhoni or a scared Raina getting out to spinners or to 120 kmph Irish bowlers.You should take of your Ipl Csk glasses and watch cricket plus you keep repeating yourself in each and every post come up with something new it’s getting boring now :sleep:.

44 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Btw switchblade I like you. I think you have potential to learn about cricket but you need to reset and educate yourself on how the game has transformed

Throw away the black and white tapes. Stop drinking the selfish Tendulkar Kool aid.

Go study up a bit and then cwe back. Willing to spend sometime to educate you but you have to do your due diligence first

Cool later 

I feel honoured :bow: Sachin is already retired plus maybe the world cricketing fraternity must be high on something who respect or admire him.Yes he dragged his career for two years Dhoni is doing the same thing now go check my posts I don’t bash him unnecessarily but he is done and dusted now. 

Edited by Switchblade
1 hour ago, UnknownGenius said:

How so? They recently played key roles in winning a major championship despite everyone saying they will finish last. They have that winning mentality that cannot be replaced

They are winners. Problem is team is wrongly set up and doesn't suit their strengths. Can't have passengers like Rohit. Can't have e a tail beginning at 8 and a total hit or miss at 7.

Need depth. Follow recipe of the most successful T20 franc hise ever. Have deep batting order that allows Raina and MSD to play freely. Have good fielder's not pot belly like Rohit. Have multi dimensional players all rounders not one densional tuk tuk or miss like Rohit

Rahul

Dhawan (few more chances)

Raina

Kohli

MSD

Jadhav or Vijay Shankar

Medium pace batting all rounder  maybe pandya

Bowling all rounder Chahar or thakur

Spin all rounder jadeja

Proper spinner kuldeep

Bumrah

Great team. I suddenly feel more optimistic about our world cup chances.

35 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Btw switchblade I like you. I think you have potential to learn about cricket but you need to reset and educate yourself on how the game has transformed

Throw away the black and white tapes. Stop drinking the selfish Tendulkar Kool aid.

Go study up a bit and then cwe back. Willing to spend sometime to educate you but you have to do your due diligence first

Cool later 

@Switchblade you lucky dog !!

India has NO middle order. Plain and simple. The top 3 can bat and that's all there about it.

To ask a performing opener (who can bat through 50 overs and is averaging 50+ in the last 5 years with 3 double hundreds) to come down at #4 is a joke. If KL rahul wants a place in the top 3 he has to earn it. At present his place is #4 with DK at #5.

To see people suggesting the likes of Rahane/Raina/Rayudu and Pandey is still amusing.

Raina much like Dhoni is past his use by date. His place is with his IPL team and not the Indian Team. Same goes to dhoni.

Pandey can bat but seems to struggle a lot when the NRR goes high.

Rahane is a test bat(a good one at that) and not a limited overs material.

Bottom line : Top3 + Keep KL Rahul at 4, KD karthik at #5. Blood the youngsters NOWWWWW. No more of the aforementioned probables.

Edited by Stan AF

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/cricket-news/article/not-kl-rahul-or-dinesh-karthik-harsha-bhogle-suggests-ms-dhonis-name-for-indias-no-4-conundrum/256496?

With KL Rahul, Dinesh Karthik and multiple other players failing to fulfil the requirements of No. 4 position in the Indian ODI team, renowned cricket expert Harsha Bhogle has suggested the name of MS Dhoni at second-down. The move might not only solve India's batting order issues but might also help Dhoni rediscover his lost form.

:facepalm::bumsmack:

Edited by tweaker
28 minutes ago, tweaker said:

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/cricket-news/article/not-kl-rahul-or-dinesh-karthik-harsha-bhogle-suggests-ms-dhonis-name-for-indias-no-4-conundrum/256496?

With KL Rahul, Dinesh Karthik and multiple other players failing to fulfil the requirements of No. 4 position in the Indian ODI team, renowned cricket expert Harsha Bhogle has suggested the name of MS Dhoni at second-down. The move might not only solve India's batting order issues but might also help Dhoni rediscover his lost form.

:facepalm::bumsmack:

Jab gaana hi bakwaas hai toh upar neeche shuffle karke kya hoga. Need to delete it from the playlist altogether.