Is sacred games... Hinduphobic?

Temujin Khaghan

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

sacred games ..what kind of crap name is it anyway...sacred games...is it a pun on hunger games ? that story actually had games...is this on games that evangelists play because what they consider holy ? did the moron forget Hinduism has no parallel for evangelists though, thats where probably this borrowed 'inspired' concept will fail..lol 'bollywood'.

Do your research before you make wild allegations. It is quite easy with google around.

The book, Sacred Games , was originally published in 2006. The Netflix series is an adaptation of the book. 

The book, Hunger Games, was originally published in 2008.

Difficult to be inspired by something that is published in the future. Don't you think so?

On 7/22/2018 at 8:45 PM, FischerTal said:

kashyap knows bashing hinduism will not invite any repercussions, but bashing he who shall not be named invites a death sentence.

How does Sacred Games bash Hinduism?

The hypocrisy on display is so evident here. If 'Bollywood" shows a Muslim gangster its glorifying them. If a Hindu gangster is shown its Hinduism bashing.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The hypocrisy on display is so evident here. If 'Bollywood" shows a Muslim gangster its glorifying them. If a Hindu gangster is shown its Hinduism bashing.

did you see the scene where gaitonde adds chicken to the rice in an hindu veg hotel? the portrayal of the owner and the guests there were completely in line with kashyap's imagination of how upper caste hindus behave. thats just one example i can think off the top of my head.

Edited by FischerTal

3 hours ago, FischerTal said:

did you see the scene where gaitonde adds chicken to the rice in an hindu veg hotel? the portrayal of the owner and the guests there were completely in line with kashyap's imagination of how upper caste hindus behave. thats just one example i can think off the top of my head.

I saw that scene. Do you think that particular scene denigrates Hinduism?

The USP of that particular restaurant was that it served veg food to people based on their dietary preferences based on religious compulsions. Obviously they would be upset, in the least,  after finding chicken in their plate.

As an analogy, if there were a scene where there was pork served under layers of rice to Muslims and the Muslims reacted violently, I wouldn't really think that the scene was against Islam.

Also, I find all this talk of Anurag Kashyap being biased very funny. He's the same guy who has made Black Friday in which he very clearly highlights who the terrorists were and the extent of their crimes. He called a spade a spade there. Obviously, it isn't comparable to this series as that wasn't fiction. 

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler

I have never seen a "Hindu" hotel anywhere in India, but apparently there is one in Mumbai where only Hindu upper caste goes. There is a Vegetarian, Strictly Vegetarian hotels, never a hotel for Hindus! . There are Hindu Military hotels that serve meat as well, but they don't say non-Hindus are not allowed. 

Bizarre usage of words from the hindu sacred texts to show how biased they are towards non-hindus

Some random guru spouting non-sense from a gau-shala

Justifying blasts in Bombay was only because of babri Maszid

The whole childhood story of Gaithonde was totally biased against brahmins

Gaithonde was secular, but was converted to a sanghi because of one Hindu gangster in this group, ends up killing muslims in the riots with their machinations 

Hindu gangster conniving with Hindu Politician to introduce the secular Gaithonde to go political2222222

Hindu gangster exploiting an actress who plays a goddess in a TV serial.

Hindus knowingly let Islamic terrorists conduct operations and help them as well, so that they can justify killing muslims in retaliation.

I could go on. 

Edited by coffee_rules

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Care to elaborate on the bolded bit? There was a movie of Ajay Devgan (Once Upon a Time in Mumbai) where he played Haji Mastan (a gangster, not a terrorist) and no one had any problem. But when SRK glorified (or humanized/ whitewashed/downplayed his evil deeds...not going into semantics) Abdul Latif type character in Raees obviously people had issues because of the sensitive nature of the subject. Similarly there have been movies based on Hindu gangsters, don't think people ever complained. 

P.S: I am yet to watch 'Sacred Games'...so don't want to pass any judgement. 

Edited by Gollum

11 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I saw that scene. Do you think that particular scene denigrates Hinduism?

The USP of that particular restaurant was that it served veg food to people based on their dietary preferences based on religious compulsions. Obviously they would be upset, in the least,  after finding chicken in their plate.

As an analogy, if there were a scene where there was pork served under layers of rice to Muslims and the Muslims reacted violently, I wouldn't really think that the scene was against Islam.

Also, I find all this talk of Anurag Kashyap being biased very funny. He's the same guy who has made Black Friday in which he very clearly highlights who the terrorists were and the extent of their crimes. He called a spade a spade there. Obviously, it isn't comparable to this series as that wasn't fiction. 

Read my response in previous post. AK has turned Anti-BJP and hence Anti-Sangh/Anti-Hindu by association in recent years since he became an AAPite or since BJP is in power. He was not so blatantly biased before (during Black Friday days). It could be a move so he gets campy and gets into the mainstream film-makers who are basically biased against hindus. His bad guys are usually a sanghi looking character (Mukkabaaz). I have had interactions with him on FB when he turned this mode on and called him out, only to be blocked. 

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Do your research before you make wild allegations. It is quite easy with google around.

The book, Sacred Games , was originally published in 2006. The Netflix series is an adaptation of the book. 

Difficult to be inspired by something that is published in the future. Don't you think so?

Meh anurag sucks..:eyedance:

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Still the serial is made now. Book might still be original. Basically What i said above bolly ape wood sucks.

On 7/23/2018 at 10:29 AM, coffee_rules said:

Even his Mukkabaaz has a Hindutva man as the main antagonist. He has a thing for being Hinduphobic ever since BJP came to power. So, Mumbai is terrorized not by Dawood, but some fictional Hindu (Gaitonde) gangster.

.you know this is based on a novel right?

@Mariyam

There is something called precedent. For a Sarkar character there has to be someone like Thackeray and for mallik in company there is a dawood Ibrahim.

many of the imbecile Indian politicians are Hindu and make a series with nawazuddin playing a Hindu politician exploiting the poor and I won't complain at all. 

But there are characters in sacred games series where in the 90s, Hindu gangsters of Bombay harass and torture Muslims just because of communal hatred. Further, there is this entire conspiracy of Hindus orchestrating the  blasts so that they can retaliate on Muslims? Wth?

Do you deny that Anurag kashyap doesn't have agenda???

P.S. edited after @coffee_rules corrected a plot point in my post.

Edited by Temujin Khaghan

50 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

@Mariyam

But there are characters in sacred games series where in the 90s, Hindu gangsters of Bombay harass and torture Muslims just because of communal hatred. Further, there is this entire conspiracy of Hindus orchestrating the Bombay blasts so that they can retaliate on Muslims? Wth?

Is that so? Then I don't plan to watch this piece of **** at all. How can these mofos be this dishonest when treating a subject? Tomorrow they might as well make a TV series showing fictional Bhakti saints and Sikh warriors demolishing mosques/dargahs in the medieval era while hapless purehearted Muslims are shown as sufferers....artistic liberty they will say. These libtards aren't just a menace, they are pure evil !!!

I fear our enemies have totally infiltrated our entertainment industry and are running a sinister propaganda campaign like it happened in erstwhile Soviet Bloc countries. GOI needs to clamp down hard on this industry and eliminate all assets of the enemy. There will be opposition ofc but they need to take the plunge, agencies should be unleashed on these people and decisive action is the need of the hour. Allow this situation to go unpunished and you will be dealing with a ten headed Hydra a few years from now. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Is that so? Then I don't plan to watch this piece of **** at all. How can these mofos be this dishonest when treating a subject? Tomorrow they might as well make a TV series showing fictional Bhakti saints and Sikh warriors demolishing mosques/dargahs in the medieval era while hapless purehearted Muslims are shown as sufferers....artistic liberty they will say. These libtards aren't just a menace, they are pure evil !!!

I fear our enemies have totally infiltrated our entertainment industry and are running a sinister propaganda campaign like it happened in erstwhile Soviet Bloc countries. GOI needs to clamp down hard on this industry and eliminate all assets of the enemy. There will be opposition ofc but they need to take the plunge, agencies should be unleashed on these people and decisive action is the need of the hour. Allow this situation to go unpunished and you will be dealing with a ten headed Hydra a few years from now. 

You must read the IMDB reviews of sacred games. There are reviews like it's awesome because it is dark and India's response to Game of Thrones, also things like international audience will finally pay attention to Indian entertainment industry. Psychological slavery is hard to remove.

Edited by MechEng

58 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Allow this situation to go unpunished and you will be dealing with a ten headed Hydra a few years from now. 

A Moderate Hindu like me can neither follow the tyrant Modi and his blind army of fanatic bhakts who bully everyone who disagrees with him nor the deplorable Congress Party with their traitorous sickular media and a retard as their PM candidate. 

I wish there was a leader like Bose or Patel who will slam the mob-lynching hindu fringe groups back into their holes and at the same time skin any desi media traitors or Pakistani terrorists if they try to f**k with India...

Edited by Temujin Khaghan

4 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

A Moderate Hindu like me can neither follow the tyrant Modi and his blind army of fanatic bhakts who bully everyone who disagrees with him nor the deplorable Congress Party with their traitorous sickular media and a retard as their PM candidate. 

I wish there was a leader like Bose or Patel who will slam the mob-lynching hindu fringe groups back into their holes and at the same time skin any desi media traitors or Pakistani terrorists if they try to f**k with India...

Amen to that. My thoughts exactly.

3 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

@Mariyam

There is something called precedent. For a Sarkar character there has to be someone like Thackeray and for mallik in company there is a dawood Ibrahim.

many of the imbecile Indian politicians are Hindu and make a series with nawazuddin playing a Hindu politician exploiting the poor and I won't complain at all. 

But there are characters in sacred games series where in the 90s, Hindu gangsters of Bombay harass and torture Muslims just because of communal hatred. Further, there is this entire conspiracy of Hindus orchestrating the Bombay blasts so that they can retaliate on Muslims? Wth?

Do you deny that Anurag kashyap doesn't have agenda???

How would Muslims of the world feel if someone makes a series where a Muslim country is running a Nazi type of extermination pogrom on the Jews by holocaust. How will Muslims feel if Muslims replaced the Nazi party in a new holocaust series?? 

How about if some moron like Anurag kashyap made a series where Jews done race based holocaust to the germans, thereby flipping the entire mass genocide on its head? Is this not injustice?

Same way everyone knows dawood Ibrahim and his evil coterie were responsible for the Bombay blasts. How can Anurag kashyap make a series on psuedo history??

I don't think they show 1992 blasts were caused by Hindus. It clearly shows the muslim gangster kingpin engineered it, but as a retribution for Babri Masjid. But, clearly indicates the riots where Muslims were killed by murderous Hindu gangsters who are blind with hatred against innocent Muslims.

The plot in present time is what you have explained, Hindus planning an attack and make it look like it was done by Muslims..

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I don't think they show 1992 blasts were caused by Hindus. It clearly shows the muslim gangster kingpin engineered it, but as a retribution for Babri Masjid. But, clearly indicates the riots where Muslims were killed by murderous Hindu gangsters who are blind with hatred against innocent Muslims.

The plot in present time is what you have explained, Hindus planning an attack and make it look like it was done by Muslims..

oh ok... thank you for correcting me..

P.S @Gollum not the Bombay blasts it seems. but more in the lane of the Quantico Rudraksha terror :/

oh ok... thank you for correcting me..

P.S [mention=17917]Gollum[/mention] not the Bombay blasts it seems. but more in the lane of the Quantico Rudraksha terror :/
Ok then it isn't that bad. But still not very comfortable with such a plot line. May be fiction but looks like the makers want to demonize Hindus. So be it, will give it a skip.

Sent from my SM-G350E using Tapatalk