Reddit India

Stradlater

51 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Anyone been there? 

The place is so rabid anti Hindu and BJP that even neighbors appear saint when compared.

Whats with these supposed intellectual Indians and Hindu hate?

The mods there ban anyone who isn't anti-BJP or doesn't get a kick from abusing Hindus :rofl:

There is another subreddit I lurked at called https://www.reddit.com/r/IndiaSpeaks/ (this is an informative subreddit if interested )

where someone posted this

Breaking News! Reddit's Traffic Data reveals around 75% or more of /r/India's traffic is not even from India. Over 50% is from US and UK alone. Here is a report on how it matters.

Copy paste of my post on /r/indiadiscussion :

Hey Everyone,

Let me begin with a TL;DR:

Quick Sumamary: Approximatley [Indians vs Rest of the World] interacting with /r/India is [25%:75%]. Out of approx, 200k interactions (This number fluctuates, but %ages are somewhat constant +/- 10ish) of reddit users with r/India, only about 50k (+/- 10%) originates from India. The rest 150k+ is from outside (93k: US, 18k: UK, Russia: Negligeble, etc). This means, "r/India is not a subreddit of Indians. It is a sub highlighting what users from rest of the world talk about India; with actual indians being a mere minority." This calls to question any political or domestic topic discussion(s) held, as 3 out of 4 people commenting probably aren't even in India, to give opinions accurately and honestly. It also throws great clarity on why there is more anti-india news peddled on it?

It looks like a bunch of frustrated NRIs and Pakistanis flood that reddit subforum. 75% of the traffic isn't even from within India.  I've noticed a bias toward Kerala in that subreddit as well, which can be explained by the fact that so many Malayalis emigrate out of India. 

1 hour ago, punjabi_khota said:

I have been there on and off. It is easy to get banned there. 

Never seen so many butthurt Indians in one place before. They all seem to have similar grievances which mostly revolve around BJP/Modi and Indian culture in general.

Who knows if they're Indians at all; It could be a troll army run from anywhere in the world including our neighborhood. 2016 was an eye opener for the unawares with respect to the reach of cyber warfare into aspects of our daily lives.

For instance, I have viewed ndtv comments over a period of few years. They reflected the general mood of the majority earlier, mostly being pro-Modi and trolling Mani Shankar types. Over the last year or two, there is a marked change. It looked suspicious in terms of comments and likes anyways but when the virtues of Rahulji as PM began to appear, it became apparent that there was a concerted effort to sway public opinion as far as possible.

It's these so called "neutral" or free environment places where the Indian content is well controlled by those with not good intentions. About time, India makes it's own medium, like every other important country has it. It can be social media platform, or even a TV channel.