wanted_desi

India A Quadrangular One-Day Series, 2018 - Indian Squads updated

This is going to be quite interesting tournament, where India A and India B will be facing South Africa A and Australia A. Hopefully, some of the youngsters like Gill and Shaw can book a ticket for National Team after a great showing. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have Raina, Iyer in the team as well. 

Aug 17, Fri
12:30 AM
03:30 AM GMT / 09:00 AM LOCAL

Aug 19, Sun

Aug 21, Tue

Aug 23, Thu

Aug 25, Sat

Aug 27, Mon

Aug 29, Wed
TBC vs TBC, Final
TBC, TBC

Squads:

For four-day games against South Africa A:

India A: Shreyas Iyer (capt), Prithvi Shaw, R Samarth, Mayank Agarwal, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Hanuma Vihari, Ankit Bawne, KK Bharat (wk), Axar Patel (1st four-day game)/Shahbaz Nadeem (2nd four-day game), Yuzvendra Chahal, Jayant Yadav, Rajnees Gurbani, Navdeep Saini, Ankit Rajpoot, Mohammed Siraj.

For Quadrangular series

India A: Shreyas Iyer (capt), Prithvi Shaw, R Samarth, Suryakumar Yadav, Hanuma Vihari, Nitish Rana, Siddhesh Lad, Sanju Samson (wk), Mayank Markande, K Gowtham, Krunal Pandya, Deepak Chahar, Mohammed Siraj, Shivam Mavi, Khaleel Ahmed.

India B: Manish Pandey (capt), Mayank Agarwal, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Shubhman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Ricky Bhui, Vijay Shankar, Ishan Kishan (wk), Shreyas Gopal, Jayant Yadav, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja, Siddarth Kaul, Prasidh Krishna, Kulwant Khejroliya, Navdeep Saini.

For Duleep Trophy:

India Blue: Faiz Fazal (capt), Abhishek Raman, Anmolpreet Singh, Ganesh Satish, N. Gangta, Dhruv Shorey, KS Bharat (wk), Akshay Wakhare, Saurav Kumar, Swapnil Singh, Basil Thampi, B Ayappa, Jaydev Unadkat, Dhawal Kulkarni.

India Red: Abhinav Mukund (capt), RR Sanjay, Ashutosh Singh, B Aparajith, Writtick Chatterjee, B Sandeep, Abhishek Gupta (wk), Shahbaz Nadeem, Mihir Hirwani, Parvez Rasool, Rajnees Gurbani, Abhimanyu Mithun, Ishan Porel, Y Prithvi Raj.

India Green: Parthiv Patel (capt & wk), Prashant Chopra, Priyank Panchal, Sudeep Chatterjee, Gurkeerat Mann, B Indrajit, VP Solanki, Jajal Saxena, Karn Sharma, Vikas Mishra, K Vignesh, Ankit Rajpoot, Ashok Dinda, Atith Sheth.

Edited by rkt.india

33 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:
This is going to be quite interesting tournament, where India A and India B will be facing South Africa A and Australia A. Hopefully, some of the youngsters like Gill and Shaw can book a ticket for National Team after a great showing. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have Raina, Iyer in the team as well. 

No please. 

It's time to move on permanently 

It is really good of the BCCI to arrange 2 A-team series in both 2017 and 2018, one home and the other away.

Infact, having 3 such series would be even better.

As all non-old player selections have to be via A-team series performances ... sufficient chances should also be there.

Good to have two A teams. I hope we select from the following pool of bowlers and not trundlers like Kaul and Chahal.

Rajpoot

Siraj

Avesh

Khalil

Saini

Mavi

Nagarkoti

Prasidh

Its good to know that Shardul would be on bench in England otherwise one spot would have been wasted on him.

5 hours ago, Hell Raiser said:

Good to have two A teams. I hope we select from the following pool of bowlers and not trundlers like Kaul and Chahal.

Rajpoot

Siraj

Avesh

Khalil

Saini

Mavi

Nagarkoti

Prasidh

Its good to know that Shardul would be on bench in England otherwise one spot would have been wasted on him.

Shardul should be in India F team..that way no spot gets wasted

No Ankit Rajpoot in any of the 50-over teams, A or B  ?   This is strange !

No Avesh Khan in Duleep Trophy even  ?

Are Nagarkoti and Nathu still injured  ?

What happened to Aniket Chaudhari and Pradeep Sangwan.  Could have played Duleep Trophy if fit, which has too many trundlers.

Edited by express bowling

No No Ankit Rajpoot in any of the 50-over teams, A or B  ?   This is strange !

No Avesh Khan in Challenger Trophy even  ?

Are Nagarkoti and Nathu still injured  ?

What happened to Aniket Chaudhari and Pradeep Sangwan.  Could have played Challenges Trophy of for, which has too many trundlers.

Nagarkoti said in Insta that he is fit apparently.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Need to add N jagadeesan, k Gandhi and abhinav mukund. KM Asif is also promising and Karn Sharma too

i would have liked Jagadesan in duleep trophy and India A instead of Bharat who for sure is MSK prasad andhra quota

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i would have liked Jagadesan in duleep trophy and India A instead of Bharat who for sure is MSK prasad andhra quota

He is talent being wasted with each passing game. TNPL is best of all regional T20 and better than Psl etc but jagadeesan should be representing India A now and not dindugal dragons

38 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

He is talent being wasted with each passing game. TNPL is best of all regional T20 and better than Psl etc but jagadeesan should be representing India A now and not dindugal dragons

he is still very young.  he needs a good Ranji season this time.  TNPL bowling quality is rubbish though, not close to PSL

Edited by rkt.india

I think even Gill is not getting enough exposure in 4 day games . Technically he seems much better and definetly not a hack., so this is bit strange he is chosen only for one dayers . 

A special talent needs to be given as much exposure as possible to fast track him. 

Hope atleast against AUS A 4 day games he is included. 

Other major omissions are Nagarkoti & Avesh if fit 

58 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I think even Gill is not getting enough exposure in 4 day games . Technically he seems much better and definetly not a hack., so this is bit strange he is chosen only for one dayers . 

A special talent needs to be given as much exposure as possible to fast track him. 

Hope atleast against AUS A 4 day games he is included. 

Other major omissions are Nagarkoti & Avesh if fit 

Agree fully.    Everyone can see that Gill, Nagarkoti and Avesh are the special talents.

This " Queue "  system needs to go.

Agree fully.    Everyone can see that Gill, Nagarkoti and Avesh are the special talents.

This " Queue "  system needs to go.
Queue system is only applied to some unlucky people without backing.
If you have great backing, you can break the queue EASILY.

I might sound a hater and bitter, but we saw how Rishabh Pant made it to the senior team within 1 yr of his U19 debut and so did Washington Sundar.
Now, they are special talents -that's true, but they are also being drafted into squads and given ample amounts of Chances atleast in the lower level to excel.
That's because they have powerful backers who forward their names in the big league.
Ofcourse, they are also burdened with big pressure or thrown into the big ocean among the shark too soon without actually being ready to handle the pressure(Especially with Kohli and Shastri who loves dining with readymade, "mature" players, the only exception being Hardik who can have n number of chances despite being a perennial noob)

6 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

but we saw how Rishabh Pant made it to the senior team within 1 yr of his U19 debut
That's because they have powerful backers who forward their names in the big league.

Pant's case was a strange one ... he had a superlative FC season 2016-17,  but was drafted in the T20I squad.  Got very little game time and was dropped.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Pant's case was a strange one ... he had a superlative FC season 2016-17,  but was drafted in the T20I squad.  Got very little game time and was dropped.

Because he had also performed well in IPL t20 as well so was picked for T20s. For test team, one FC season mostly doesn't get you test birth.

39 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Because he had also performed well in IPL t20 as well so was picked for T20s. For test team, one FC season mostly doesn't get you test birth.

The strangeness was due to the fact that Pant was dropped without much game time in T20Is.

And also due to the fact that a decent IPL 2017 earned him a national side berth but a great IPL 2018 did not.

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The strangeness was due to the fact that Pant was dropped without much game time in T20Is.

And also due to the fact that a decent IPL 2017 earned him a national side berth but a great IPL 2018 did not.

That is because his previous 3 t20s were underwhelming.

22 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very common among debutants.  Happened to Kohli in tests and Dhoni in ODIs too.

yes but that is modern team management. they want them to start winning matches from game and T20 is far more difficult than people usually think, especially for new players.

Squads:

For four-day games against South Africa A:

India A: Shreyas Iyer (capt), Prithvi Shaw, R Samarth, Mayank Agarwal, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Hanuma Vihari, Ankit Bawne, KS Bharat (wk), Axar Patel (1st four-day game)/Shahbaz Nadeem (2nd four-day game), Yuzvendra Chahal, Jayant Yadav, Rajneesh Gurbani, Navdeep Saini, Ankit Rajpoot, Mohammed Siraj.

For Quadrangular series

India A: Shreyas Iyer (capt), Prithvi Shaw, R Samarth, Suryakumar Yadav, Hanuma Vihari, Nitish Rana, Siddhesh Lad, Sanju Samson (wk), Mayank Markande, K Gowtham, Krunal Pandya, Deepak Chahar, Mohammed Siraj, Shivam Mavi, Khaleel Ahmed.

India B: Manish Pandey (capt), Mayank Agarwal, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Shubhman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Ricky Bhui, Vijay Shankar, Ishan Kishan (wk), Shreyas Gopal, Jayant Yadav, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja, Siddarth Kaul, Prasidh Krishna, Kulwant Khejroliya, Navdeep Saini.

For Duleep Trophy:

India Blue: Faiz Fazal (capt), Abhishek Raman, Anmolpreet Singh, Ganesh Satish, N. Gangta, Dhruv Shorey, KS Bharat (wk), Akshay Wakhare, Saurav Kumar, Swapnil Singh, Basil Thampi, B Ayappa, Jaydev Unadkat, Dhawal Kulkarni.

India Red: Abhinav Mukund (capt), RR Sanjay, Ashutosh Singh, B Aparajith, Writtick Chatterjee, B Sandeep, Akshay Wadkar (wk), Shahbaz Nadeem, Mihir Hirwani, Parvez Rasool, Rajnees Gurbani, Abhimanyu Mithun, Ishan Porel, Y Prithvi Raj.

India Green: Parthiv Patel (capt & wk), Prashant Chopra, Priyank Panchal, Sudeep Chatterjee, Gurkeerat Mann, B Indrajit, VP Solanki, Jajal Saxena, Karn Sharma, Vikas Mishra, K Vignesh, Ankit Rajpoot, Ashok Dinda, Atith Sheth.

I have never actually watched him play but I think Jalaj Saxena should be in the 4 day matches A team too.

he's the wrong side of 30 but - going by record and recent stats alone- seems better than J Yadav. For a home series I think he can be a good option. I'd play him , Shabaz and 3 pacemen

21 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Is there no leg spin option for 4 day matches apart from Yuzvendra?. How about Narendra Hirwanis son?

There is Shreyas Gopal before Hirwani.  There is Rahul Chahar as well. Gopal can bat as well. Why selectors not building options in wrist spin. we all already know what Nadeem and Axar Patel will  offer.  None of the two is test material.

4 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

^Shreyas Iyer is getting a lot of captaincy spots despite being a mediocre player and a clueless captain

Looks like the rumours are true.

for you, everyone seems to be mediocre. From Rahul to Pant to Iyer.

for you, everyone seems to be mediocre. From Rahul to Pant to Iyer.
I didn't say Pant is mediocre.
I talked about the excessive media outcry by Armchair Pandits
And I don't like Rahul for his famewhoring outside cricket.

Guest, sign in to access all features.