wanted_desi

India A Quadrangular One-Day Series, 2018 - Indian Squads updated

19 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Briyani scintillating inning ends with 58 SR. Poor man Rohit Sharma , hope he never gets in to odi team with this winning mentality.

he played according to the situation. came in to bat at 4/24 with only 152 to get.  he had to play that way.

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Bro from what I saw speed guns where showing slower speeds by 7-8k's today.  Siraj and Chahar bowled around 123-136k's. Khaleel was bowling  around 129 - 137k's. Stanlake 137-139k. Surprisingly  Jhy was the quickest at 142k.

Thanks bro   : )

What was the lower end of the range for Richardson ?  That may give us some idea.

Stanlake in ODIs usually bowls ...  137 k to 147 k / 150 k.

I saw him bowl 135 k to 140 k today in his 2nd spell.

Jhye Richardson was bowling 140 k to 147 k in the only ODI match I see him in. May have the ability to go up to 150 k.

So  ... 5 kph to 7 kph is perhaps the adjustment needed. 

Edited by express bowling

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Thanks bro   : )

What was the lower end of the range for Richardson ?  That may give us some idea.

Stanlake in ODIs usually bowls ...  137 k to 147 k / 150 k.

I saw him bowl 135 k to 140 k today in his 2nd spell.

Jhye Richardson was bowling 140 k to 147 k in the only match I see him in. May have the ability to go up to 150 k.

So  ... 5 kph to 7 kph is perhaps the adjustment needed. 

stanlakes slowest was 132, Jhy 135

18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he played according to the situation. came in to bat at 4/24 with only 152 to get.  he had to play that way.

KP was also there but he played with better SR. Even if you see his odi career that's his perennial issue , he is not free following in terms of strike rotation. He is handy in T20 but  in odi he is unable to impress so far .

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

stanlakes slowest was 132, Jhy 135

Thanks Rkt bhai  

So ... speedguns are perhaps slower by around 5 kph to 7 kph.

7 k  would mean Khaleel bowled at  136 k to 144 k ...  that looks ok.

Siraj bowling at 130 k to 143 k  is a cause for concern.  He always  has this habit of lowering his pace from time to time ... and I don't like it.

Chahar bowling 130 k to 143 k is good for him though.

4 minutes ago, raki05 said:

KP was also there but he played with better SR. Even if you see his odi career that's his perennial issue , he is not free following in terms of strike rotation. He is handy in T20 but  in odi he is unable to impress so far .

Agree

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Thanks Rkt bhai  

So ... speedguns are perhaps slower by around 5 kph to 7 kph.

7 k  would mean Khaleel bowled at  136 k to 144 k ...  that looks ok.

Siraj bowling at 130 k to 143 k  is a cause for concern.  He always  has this habit of lowering his pace from time to time ... and I don't like it.

Chahar bowling 130 k to 143 k is good for him though.

i saw one of Siraj's delivery. it showed 125K on speed gun, but easily looked like 138-140, just short of length, keeper gathering at chest height. It flew through to keeper, beating batsman.  LSK was commentating saying ball had good carry and pace and then sees speed gun reading and say "though 125Ks."  So difficult to predict weather speed guns were just 5-7 K slow or some other issues.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i saw one of Siraj's delivery. it showed 125K on speed gun, but easily looked like 138-140, just short of length, keeper gathering at chest height. It flew through to keeper, beating batsman.  LSK was commentating saying ball had good carry and pace and then sees speed gun reading and say "though 125Ks."  So difficult to predict weather speed guns were just 5-7 K slow or some other issues.

I think these issues keep cropping up with just 1 speed gun used in many domestic matches.

These readings are often incorrect ... and using 3 speed guns  ( in international matches, the IPL, some domestic matches )  iron out the false readings.

Did Siraj and Khaleel look visually quick  ?

6 hours ago, Mosher said:

Great to see Khaleel moving the ball into the right handers. That was one thing that was lacking in his bowling. He will be lethal if he does this consistently. 

I think you pointed this out during the IPL too ... that Khaleel was not moving the ball much in the only match he played.

Good to see him doing it now. 

Siraj looked erratic today. Don't know if he got carried away with the movement he got off some balls. I was expecting to see him bowl a tight line but was too wide and he actually got lucky with some of his wickets. Sincerely hope it was a one-off. 

Khaleel was seriously impressive. Good seam position and nip off the wicket. Kept pressure on the batsmen throughout. Easily the most impressive. Don't know if it is premature but he will be a tremendous addition to the test team if he can bowl like this with the red ball. 

1 minute ago, Samcric said:

Siraj looked erratic today. Don't know if he got carried away with the movement he got off some balls. I was expecting to see him bowl a tight line but was too wide and he actually got lucky with some of his wickets. Sincerely hope it was a one-off. 

Khaleel was seriously impressive. Good seam position and nip off the wicket. Kept pressure on the batsmen throughout. Easily the most impressive. Don't know if it is premature but he will be a tremendous addition to the test team if he can bowl like this with the red ball. 

He won't be rushed for sure. Need to bowl in one dayers first. Build up test match stamina by playing 4 day matches. He is yet to go through that.

53 minutes ago, Samcric said:

Siraj seems to lose his calm if the batsmen are after him.  He bowls such impeccable lines and lengths in the 4-day matches.

An economy rate of 2.2, with the other pacers going for plenty, is impressive indeed.

I missed his bowling today though. But he has been performing impressively for India-A.

He needs to play the full FC season this time.  Too much competition in the Rajasthan team won't help his cause though.  Pankaj Singh, Aniket Chaudhari,  Nathu Singh,  Deepak Chahar, Kamlesh Nagarkoti and a trundler who has done decently for them ... all will fight for 2 or 3 slots.

This is where the BCCI could guide the state boards ... and tell them to give sufficient chances to the Team India prospects.

Avesh, Prasidh and Khaleel have suffered from this and Mavi and Nagarkoti might do so this coming season.  

Most chances just come in the 50-over and 20-over formats for newbies  ... and the seniors keep playing the 4-day games.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I think you pointed this out during the IPL too ... that Khaleel was not moving the ball much in the only match he played.

Good to see him doing it now. 

Even though Siraj picked up 4 wickets, he was erratic. Khaleel was the pick of the pace bowlers. He hit the deck hard and bowled in good areas. Hardly gave any freebies. He looks ready for ODI's. 

5 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Even though Siraj picked up 4 wickets, he was erratic. Khaleel was the pick of the pace bowlers. He hit the deck hard and bowled in good areas. Hardly gave any freebies. He looks ready for ODI's. 

Khaleel is bouncy ... and such pacers are more difficult to hit if they are accurate.

I would really like him to be in the team for the Asia Cup.

12 minutes ago, Mosher said:

but Siraj bowled wicket taking deliveries.

23 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj seems to lose his calm if the batsman are after him.  He bowls such impeccable lines and lengths in the 4-day matches.

An economy rate of 2.2, with the other pacers going for plenty, is impressive indeed.

I missed his bowling today though. But he has been performing impressively for India-A.

He needs to play the full FC season this time.  Too much competition in the Rajasthan team won't help his cause though.  Pankaj Singh, Aniket Chaudhari,  Nathu Singh,  Deepak Chahar, Kamlesh Nagarkoti and a trundler who has done decently for them ... all will fight for 2 or 3 slots.

This is where the BCCI could guide the state boards ... and tell them to give sufficient chances to the Team India prospects.

Avesh, Prasidh and Khaleel have suffered from this and Mavi and Nagarkoti might do so this coming season.  

Most chances just come in the 50-over and 20-over formats for newbies  ... and the seniors keep playing the 4-day games.

Thanks, that Rajasthan situation is unfortunate. I think Pankaj is captain so will definitely play? 

For the other bowlers, what is the solution? Play for another state? While it is good to have a problem of plenty, we need to ensure we don't lose out on young fast bowling stocks. 

BCCI must plan A tour to Australia in November. In fact, it would be better to send out 2 teams who can play Australia A/B teams or even state teams simultaneously. Our pool of talent has expanded and we should try to maximize opportunities.

26 minutes ago, Samcric said:

Thanks, that Rajasthan situation is unfortunate. I think Pankaj is captain so will definitely play? 

For the other bowlers, what is the solution? Play for another state? While it is good to have a problem of plenty, we need to ensure we don't lose out on young fast bowling stocks. 

BCCI must plan A tour to Australia in November. In fact, it would be better to send out 2 teams who can play Australia A/B teams or even state teams simultaneously. Our pool of talent has expanded and we should try to maximize opportunities.

IMHO rotating the fast bowlers can be one of the solutions to this problem in Ranji Trophy.

Amit Kulia of Bengal  ( a tall pacy kid )  had a good first season.  But was demoted to U23 last season.  

Rajasthan and UP are spoilt for choice ...  and Nagarkoti, Mavi and Khaleel are all from there.

24 minutes ago, express bowling said:

IMHO rotating the fast bowlers can be one of the solutions to this problem in Ranji Trophy.

Amit Kulia of Bengal  ( a tall pacy kid )  had a good first season.  But was demoted to U23 last season.  

Rajasthan and UP are spoilt for choice ...  and Nagarkoti, Mavi and Khaleel are all from there.

Nathu has recovered and will make a comeback this season. Looks like he has worked on his fitness in which he was a bit lacking. 

Edited by Mosher

28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

dont think UP are spoilt for choices. RP has shifted to Gujjus, PK barely plays.  They have only Rajpoot as settled pacer, Mavi should make it along with Karthik Tyagi if he isnt picked for U19 and Vineet Panwar and Dhruv Pratap singh.

Edited by rkt.india

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

dont think UP are spoilt for choices. RP has shifted to Gujjus, PK barely plays.  They have only Rajpoot as settled pacer, Mavi should make it along with Karthik Tyagi if he isnt picked for U19 and Vineet Panwar and Dhruv Pratap singh.

I hope so ... but Rajpoot, Praveen, Kartik T,  Panwar and DP Singh ...  some of them may block his spot in case he does badly in 2 games and his replacement succeeds.

And there is another medium pacer they have ... I am forgetting his name.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

33 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nathu, Khaleel, Aniket, Pankaj and Nagarkoti if all are fit then Rajasthan will have a headache when it comes to choosing pacers. 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I hope so ... but Rajpoot, Praveen, Kartik T,  Panwar and DP Singh ...  some of them may block his spot in case he does badly in 2 games and his replacement succeeds.

And there is another medium pacer they have ... I am forgetting his name.

they have two Israr Azeem and one more short trundler i also cant remember his name.  

Just now, Mosher said:

Nathu, Khaleel, Aniket, Pankaj and Nagarkoti if all are fit then Rajasthan will have a headache when it comes to choosing pacers. 

They must prepare fast tracks. Jaipur pitch has become very slow off late as we saw in IPL.  It used to be one of the fastest and bounciest in India a few IPLs back.

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Then there is Deepak Chahar.

And Tanveer ul Haq.   He is never far away from the Rajasthan Ranji team.

7 pacers ...  2 to 3 slots   : (

Whats all the fuss with Siraj on ICF.. Another ICF boy wonder ? Every time I have seen him he's been Erratic and Expensive..... Granted I did not follow the India A tour to England. But that could be a one off.... I would say he needs more time in the A circuit... Not convinced that his head is steady when he is arching at the crease , reason for erratic pitch map 

1 hour ago, figo6762 said:

Whats all the fuss with Siraj on ICF.. Another ICF boy wonder ? Every time I have seen him he's been Erratic and Expensive..... Granted I did not follow the India A tour to England. But that could be a one off.... I would say he needs more time in the A circuit... Not convinced that his head is steady when he is arching at the crease , reason for erratic pitch map 

he took 26 wkts in Last 3 for day A side -games

Its not a joke, n if u add his 4 wkts to thats 30 wkts in last 4 games

What more will he do by playing more A-games, take more wkts........he done gr8 in this challenge time for him to move ahead n be tested at international level. What are we learning diff about someone like Umesh who has been inconsistent from ages 

2 hours ago, figo6762 said:

They hype every new kid who bowls phasttttt..  Usually starts with Express then passed on to Mosher,RKT e.t.c 

When they suck most of them hide like they never hyped them. 

6 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

They hype every new kid who bowls phasttttt..  Usually starts with Express then passed on to Mosher,RKT e.t.c 

When they suck most of them hide like they never hyped them. 

Abey DKY, we are only talking about Siraj because he took 29 wickets in 3.5 games for India A which isn't a joke.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Abey DKY, we are only talking about Siraj because he took 29 wickets in 3.5 games for India A which isn't a joke.

Ok Rasagolla.... Imagine Again injured. Umesh not performing. India eleven need a pacer. Who according to you is that pacer?

Guest, sign in to access all features.