Dream come true to be part of the Indian Test squad - Pant

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/103282/dream-come-true-to-be-part-of-the-indian-test-squad-pant

"It was a great feeling to hear that I had been included in the Indian Test squad. I always wanted to be a part of the Indian Test squad and it was more like a dream come true for me. It was an amazing feeling, not only for me but also for my family and my coach Tarek Sinha sir, who helped me understand the game very early in my life. He has always wanted me to play Test cricket for India and when I got the call, he was very happy and proud and I enjoyed that moment," Pant told bcci.tv.

The 20-year-old has been one of the few bright spots during India A's tour in England recently, which included a half-century in the last game. He's managed to impress his usually restrained India A coach Rahul Dravid, who didn't hold back in praising the youngster. "He has the temperament and skills to bat differently. He is always going to be an attacking player but reading of the situation when you are playing red ball cricket is required. We are glad he has been picked into the national team and I hope he takes this maturity into the national team and hopefully builds from thereon," Dravid had said.

"I reckon there isn't too much difference, but it has got more to do with shot selection. In red ball cricket, with the field placements, you can look around; take your time, because you have five days to play. Whereas in limited overs cricket you have limited number of balls to play and score.

"I have so far enjoyed my preparation with red ball cricket. The Duke ball swings a lot when you're here in England and initially when I started playing here with India A, I realized that the swing will come a lot into play in these conditions," he explained.

Having been with Dravid ever since his under-19 days, including a couple of seasons when they were together in the IPL for Delhi Daredevils, Pant is all praise for the conversations the two have had, which has mainly been on the mental aspect of the game. "The only thing he always tells me is that you need to be patient about everything, be it on the field or off it. Also, how I need to work harder on my game when it comes to red ball cricket since I'm a positive batsman, but at times you need to play to the situation. See the pace of the game and change your game accordingly. These have been my learning from him wherein he has helped me a lot," he noted.

"Every time I come to the Indian dressing room, there is one thing that has always stood out for me. It is the positivity in the dressing room. Everyone is supporting and backing each other, which is the most important factor about this Indian dressing room.

"Similarly, with Mahi bhai, I used to ask him everything from my IPL contract to my wicket-keeping. He's advised me on everything.

"He's always told me that when it comes to wicket-keeping, your hands and head is important, the body balance can come into play later, but the key is the hands and head coordination. I worked on what he told me and it has helped me a lot."

"Whenever I walk into bat, I go with the mindset of what the team needs from me. In the game against West Indies A, there was a situation wherein I had to be more patient because there were enough overs and therefore I took my time and got India home.

"Also, in the game against England Lions, India A were not in a good position. We had lost four to five wickets and Ajju bhaiya (Ajinkya Rahane) and I were batting and I had to play according to the situation. So, I thought I'm going to take my own time and get set because in red ball cricket that's what you do - you need to take your own time and play as per the situation."

4 hours ago, beetle said:

???

What is he supposed to say if asked direct questions about them?

Like how he was forced to be part of CSK celebrations after winning IPL or forced to post pictures with MS & family on his social media.

Seriously, MS should stop forcing such kids to do all these. And God forbid, MS should stop teaching any wicket keeping tricks as mentioned in this interview, afterall MSD is the worst keeper ever. What does he know, he is the worst keeper ever in the history of cricket.