Many Sikhs in UK don’t want to be identified as ‘Indian’

Switchblade

1 hour ago, zen said:

Why was Operation Blue Star carried out in the first place? 

Yes, all religions and cultural traits that originated in the region should be given special encouragement. As if India does not safeguard its heritage, no one else will 

Totally Agree with your second para. Re: blue star, you must look at the climate in Punjab that preceded rise of militancy ie mismanagement of the state by central government. 

4 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Yeah they let themselves down in India but seem to be flourishing in UK, US and Canada. I wonder why that is? Stop regurgitating BS narrative from corrupt govts. If you want India to stay united your language needs to be more inclusive

All Indian communities are thriving in UK, US and Canada. I wonder why is that? 

Stop regurgitating BS narrative from your local Madarasa. 

31 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

1) Dude Pre partition Punjab flourished because British took it's special care(thanks to it's strategic location) with bringing canals and heavily investing in the region. Do you really think other Indian states couldn't prosper because of their own fault?

2)Dude every Indian state is filled with talented people (Hindu Muslims Sikhs etc). Punjabis are no special.

3) Is it Indian Govt's fault that most of the youth in your state consists of nashedis with a sense of self entitlement? 

Bullet Aur Jeep se aage badho. Duniya bahut badi hai.

You don’t really know what you’re talking about here. 

I think you’ll find pre annexation of Punjab by British, Ranjeet Singh’s Raj (which mainly consisted of Muslims and Hindus United) was one of most powerful and respected in sub continent. Think about it? What other state has ever won in Afghanistan? Today’s best armies from the west united can’t win there and Ranjeet Singh’s army did by capturing all of today’s NWFP. Also under Ranjit Singh’s Raj, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs were united and lived harmoniously- none of this dirty partisan politics that’s plagued united India. 

2 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

All Indian communities are thriving in UK, US and Canada. I wonder why is that? 

Stop regurgitating BS narrative from your local Madarasa. 

Here we go. This is why a our country is such a mess. Just another typical filthy guy full of hate and prejudice. I think it’s obvious that Punjabis and Gujaratis have particularly flourished overseas- so much creation of wealth and businesses. Such a strong presence in the medical profession also. 

43 minutes ago, nikred said:

So now they will fight Pakistan too? I thought padosis are Khalistani sympathizers, are they aware of this?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Khalistanis have no desire for Lahore- I’ve spoken about this with anthropologist and University Lecturer Joyce Pettigrew, who is an expert on the subject. Not really sure on what basis this mistruth has been found.

2 hours ago, beetle said:

They can have their khalistan in UK.

UK mein khush hein na...bas woh sahi hai.

As for Punjab....it is punjabis who have let the state down ....whether it is drugs or any other problem .

If United India does not change its language and stance re: marginalised states, they will end up having no say in the matter. Look what happened in South Africa. Just takes the West to decide it benefits them and the rest will fall like dominoes. If you really care about united India, then take prospective action to unite and don’t wait until it’s too late:

10 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

You don’t really know what you’re talking about here. 

I think you’ll find pre annexation of Punjab by British, Ranjeet Singh’s Raj (which mainly consisted of Muslims and Hindus United) was one of most powerful and respected in sub continent. Think about it? What other state has ever won in Afghanistan? Today’s best armies from the west united can’t win there and Ranjeet Singh’s army did by capturing all of today’s NWFP. Also under Ranjit Singh’s Raj, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs were united and lived harmoniously- none of this dirty partisan politics that’s plagued united India. 

You are nothing but an ignorant Pakistani posing as an Indian.

While Maharaja Ranjit Singh did have a large consolidated empire, it were the Marathas who actually managed to conquer almost all Subcontinent under their Peshwas. 'Attock se Cuttack' was a famous saying in those times.

Many Muslims served under Maratha Sardars and it was mostly a secular environment everywhere.

So now explain me why the region around Deccan (under direct Maratha suzerainty) couldn't develop as much as Punjab even though The Marathas had hegemony over the whole area before British annexation? The region is simple. Brits paid a special attention to Punjab solely because of it's strategic location in countering restless Pashtun tribesmen and containing Russian influence in Afghanistan ( Great Game as it was called but judging by your intellect I doubt you have ever heard of it).

After 1857 when British realized that ruling India wasn't as easy as they thought before they decided to come up with their moronic Martial caste theory to divide Indians further. Punjab and the adjoining areas(NW Pak) were home of people who served the Brits loyally during the revolt and thus they decided to reward them by inducting more and more Sikhs and Pashtuns and almost ceased recruiting UP and Bihar Muslims and Brahmans/Rajputs of Oudh(Who formed bulk of the Bengal army which revolted).

Result was more and more employment for Punjabis which brought economic prosperity for the average Joe who up till now solely relied upon farming for subsistence. Agriculture was promoted in the areas with water scarcity by bringing in canal water thus leading to flourishing economy of the whole area. This lead to Punjab becoming one of the richest provinces under British India.

Now moving to your ridiculous second allegation, why do you think it's GOI's fault that average youth in Punjab these days wants to get hooked on Cocaine instead of thinking about building his future?

What specific partisan policies have harmed Punjab more than any other Indian state? 

Why do you presume Govt has such an agenda against Punjabis?

Why are Punjabis being targeted?

28 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Here we go. This is why a our country is such a mess. Just another typical filthy guy full of hate and prejudice. I think it’s obvious that Punjabis and Gujaratis have particularly flourished overseas- so much creation of wealth and businesses. Such a strong presence in the medical profession also. 

You are a chewtia with cow dung for brains. 

All Indian communities have flourished outside India be it Tamils, Telugus, Mallus, Marathis, Punjabis or Gujaratis.

The reason being that west offers a lot more opportunities and chances to showcase your talent than a third world country like India.

27 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Khalistanis have no desire for Lahore- I’ve spoken about this with anthropologist and University Lecturer Joyce Pettigrew, who is an expert on the subject. Not really sure on what basis this mistruth has been found.

All Khalistanis I have met secretly confided in me their inner orgasmic desire of seeing Khalsa flag flying over Badshahi mosque.

Why are you getting so agitated at the mention of Lahore bhaijan? Does it hold something special importance for you?

56 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Totally Agree with your second para. Re: blue star, you must look at the climate in Punjab that preceded rise of militancy ie mismanagement of the state by central government. 

Mismanagement by central govt? Can you elaborate as almost any state can claim that?

In general, Sikhs are patriotic  .... The movement against India is said to have been instigated/supported by Pak, which wanted to avenge the loss of West Pak (BD). And also weaken India militarily as Sikhs are among the top recruits .... Which is another reason you see drugs being dumped in to Punjab by Pak .... Some folks in Punjab were naive enough and hot headed to go in with that line of thinking

Edited by zen

41 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

You’re probably living large whilst ppl in your state are rotting away. Everything is ok for you so no need to worry. 

There is something called stats , which after analysing we can see which state of India is doing good while which is doing bad.

Punjab has highest per capita power consumption ,highest availability of per capita milk highest farmer income one of the lowest poverty etc

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Punjab,_India

Punjab may not be doing exceptionally well but it is not one of the worst state of India

And neither I live in Punjab nor I am a rich person

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

Here we go. This is why a our country is such a mess. Just another typical filthy guy full of hate and prejudice

Look who Is talking... Guy who licks Mumbai players is now talking about hate and prejudice :facepalm:

33 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

All Khalistanis I have met secretly confided in me their inner orgasmic desire of seeing Khalsa flag flying over Badshahi mosque.

Why are you getting so agitated at the mention of Lahore bhaijan? Does it hold something special importance for you?

Haha. You’re Losing the plot here- both my parents from India. Need to get out of your fantasy conspiracy world and get in touch with reality my friend.