• 4th Test: Aug 30th, Southhampton
  • 5th Test: Sept 7th, London 

Indian Squad for the 1st 3 Tests:

• Batsmen: Kohli, Pujara, Dhawan, Rahul, Rahane, Vijay and Niar  
  • WK: Karthik and Pant
  • AR: Pandya
  • Spinners: Kuldeep, Ashwin and Jadeja
  • Seamers: Bumrah, Shami, Ishant, Umesh and Shardul 

I'm quite bummed out with Bhuvi being injured -  I was expecting him to lead the charge to victory.  Without him, the outcome gets more uncertain.  

Absent his skill, Pommies have no fear in preparing as swing friendly conditions as possible.  And we're going to miss his batting too.  

Injuries suck.  Especially to such a critical test player, who happens to be one of my favorites. 

No need to say that Eng will start as the favorite .... For Ind to do well, some of its key players would have to have a great game .... or the conditions have to be such that no matter how good you are, you are likely to struggle, and in that way everyone has a chance :dontknow:

Edited by zen
6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This game is a hint that we need to have a strong performance from middle order 4, 5 and 6 and it wont be a bad idea to have Rahul at 6 instead of opening. Kohli needs to bat 5.  Top 3 are the numbers who face new ball and will always find it difficult and will be mostly in survival mode.

What is the point of playing Dhawan apart from single digit scores ? May be have Rahul open and play pant in middle order

9 minutes ago, gattaca said:

What is the point of playing Dhawan apart from single digit scores ? May be have Rahul open and play pant in middle order

dont want Rahul to be a scapegoat. whoever opens is going to struggle against Anderson and Broad whether Rahul or Dhawan. Vijay might survive longer if he keeps at leaving the ball, wont score much though. It is the middle order that will have to stand up once the ball gets older 4, 5 , 6, 7. BK's batting could have been handy at 8.  I would like our weakest batsman to open and that is Pujara at the moment.  He will anyway bat same way 

The practise game before the first game is just about to end. Final thoughts on the playing 11 that I would pick:

• Vijay
  • Rahul
  • Rahane
  • Kohli
  • Pujara
  • Pant 
  • Pandya
  • Kuldeep
  • Shami
  • Yadav
  • Bumrah (if fit) or Ash / Seamer depending up on the conditions