India vs England: Ravi Shastri says Team India not making excuses about pitch and conditions

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-ravi-shastri-says-team-india-not-making-excuses-about-pitch-and-conditions/story-L43SsNHE3spjKzy5DxAVyI.html

“My philosophy is very simple – (in) your country, I don’t ask questions. (In) my country, you don’t ask. I said (to groundsmen) leave it, and don’t take anything off,” Shastri said during a media conference on Wednesday.

“One thing, on this trip, you will never see this Indian team giving an excuse as regarding conditions or the pitch. Our challenge is to beat them. We take pride in performing wherever we go and we want to be the best travelling side in the world. The last person to complain will be this Indian team (sic), so I want to clarify this very clearly,” Shastri reiterated what has been a standard answer from the time he took over as head coach.

“There was good grass on that (pitch). The groundsmen asked if we wanted the grass to be taken off. I said ‘absolutely not’. (It is) your prerogative. You give (the wicket), we play, so when you come to my country you can never ask (about pitches).”

“The game was reduced from four days to three because of the logistics and the weather prevailing. We had an opportunity to practice three days in Birmingham, which is the Test match venue.

“If we had played four days here we would have lost that one day there because of travel. As simple as that because the prerogative whether to play a two-day, three-day or four-day game lies entirely with the travelling team,” Shastri explained.

“It was decided yesterday (during practice). We had a chat (with Essex authorities) and once they explained how they had sold tickets and everything. We were quite happy to play even a two-day game and use that one extra day for practice here. But they said tickets and all that, so we said okay, ‘we will play a three-day game’.”

“And travel on Saturday, to be able to practice on Sunday. The reason is to get to the Test match venue because it wouldn’t have served any purpose with an extra day here. An extra day there will give us more familiarity with the venue and the conditions where you are playing the first Test,” he signed off.

:cheer5::cheer5::cheer5::cheer5:

Shastri is right, we don't want any excuses to be given by the team. They should play on any surface and be good enough to beat other team.

Mr Shastri you can do whatever you want  but don't run and hide if things don't work out.You have to be responsible for results.

Edited by putrevus
Just now, express bowling said:

Basically, they don't want any practice games.  Playing one because there would be lots of hue and cry about not taking their preparations seriously.

That is unprofessional back in 2007 we had a proper tour where we played warm up games to get used to the conditions now they don’t even want to play any practice matches.

That is unprofessional back in 2007 we had a proper tour where we played warm up games to get used to the conditions now they don’t even want to play any practice matches.
They only want to party and get laid.
The new BCCI guidelines barring gfs and wives are a way to let the "boys" have fun without their better halves noticing.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

No tour games are actually becoming farce.Home team instead of giving good practice to visitors are providing useless wickets and third string squad.