Adorable/funny animals...

asterix

7 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I have a cat plus also feed many stray animals in the area.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I read some where ( can't remember where....or maybe watched it somewhere) that unless the stray animals are hurt( so can't find their own food) malnourished or have very little food to find, it is not good to feed them ( for their health)

The reason being...

1) The stray animals need to look for the food and also hunt for it ...rats , pigeons etc . If they get regular food at one place, they stop looking for food and become lazy and unfit. 

I often see these extremely fat , swollen up dogs lying on the steps of open shopping complexes that have lot of eating stalls.

2) People give them food that humans eat...biscuits , bread, rotis. This is not a balanced diet for them . On their own , they scavenge and hunt and that gives them a much wider range of food + exercise.

3) Independent strays become dependent on humans.

4) The strays have very good immunity which  they develop by scavenging  . Eating low quality ( in tern of balance nutrition ) human food reduces their immunity.

5) Gathering of strays specially dogs often causes inconvenience to people. Sometimes these dogs become territorial, form gangs.Sometimes they attack people.

This results in normal neutral people becoming anti dogs specially if the victims are children.

Unknowingly , dog lovers turm normal people into dog haters....which in the long run is bad for the strays....because most normal people are fine living with a few strays around them.

The recommendation was to instead go and

1)work in animal shelters. 

2)Volunteer in rescue of injured and sick strays and their rehabilitation 

3) Be watchful of cruelty against animals and report it.

4) Spread awareness about animal welfare and helplines for animals.

8 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Do any of you have pets?

I don't have any now...but I have grown up with all kinds of pets.My mom is fond of pets.

Dogs

Hen 

Rabbits

Parrot( rescued )

Squirrels (rescued) 

Never had pet cats but often had guest wild cats who came, stayed in some box or garage for some time and left. 

My mom is a magnet for wild cats. She always manages to  have feline visitors .

Edited by beetle

I don't have any now...but I have grown up with all kinds of pets.My mom is fond of pets.
Dogs
Hen 
Rabbits
Parrot( rescued )
Squirrels (rescued) 
Never had pet cats but often had guest wild cats who came, stayed in some box or garage for some time and left. 

My mom is a magnet for wild cats. She always manages to  have feline visitors .

Nice.
My cat Babu was also a stray who was abandoned after his mother died

7c83ae3d2a8a99c197f3bebea9c286bc.jpg

6 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I have a cat plus also feed many stray animals in the area.

let me take a wild guess about your cat..

it is a white cat

second half of its tail is black 

has black patch on its left abdomen 

has a black stripe on its forehead 

:phehe:

not sure whether it is male or female