Bring Shubman Gill instead of Pujara in Tests

There is a lot of hoopla around Cheteshwar Pujara, I'm of the opinion he has technical deficiency & hence struggles outside Asia.

I would hope selectors introduce Shubman as early as possible, he would learn the most in the International circuit.

Moreover Pujara is a snail & Gill has a tempo to his battihg & would not be bogged down & take 50-60 balls to get off the mark.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, nsareen said:

There is a lot of hoopla around Cheteshwar Pujara, I'm of the opinion he has technical deficiency & hence struggles outside Asia.

I would hope selectors introduce Shubman as early as possible, he would learn the most in the International circuit.

Moreover Pujara is a snail & Gill has a tempo to his battihg & would not be bogged down & take 50-60 balls to get off the mark.

Thoughts?

Nope, Indian cricket is the cricket equivalent of English Premier League: India is boring and lacking in IQ.

As Pujara is the more defensive batsman, he deserves his spot in Test cricket over Shubman Gill. Limited overs may be different

30 minutes ago, nsareen said:

He looks a class player, sometimes risks have to be taken with unique players.

Unwillingness to identify or back special young talent has been the biggest issue with both this selection committee and our Team management.

I don't think Gill is ready for test cricket ... but could have been fast tracked to the 4-day A team to gain experience.

Edited by express bowling

Unwillingness to identify or back special young talent has been the biggest issue with both this selection committee and our Team management.

Agreed & this brings out a question, Are the selectors really efficieny, or they are riding on the Indian Teams performance for this long?

In the recent memory no young player has been bought in the test matches, we have only seen Washington Sundar entering the T20 team directly.

What makes you think Gill is ready for test cricket.It is way too early for him, there is no point in scarring him for rest of his life and ruining a budding career.

I've been following cricket for 24+ years to have some sense of instinct which tells me he is different.

Obviously he can fail & so can I, but as I said sometimes failure teaches a lot, if he keeps succeeding in domestic for a couple of years & fails in internationals he would have to learn from scratch the nuances of international cricket.

Just now, nsareen said:

I've been following cricket for 24+ years to have some sense of instinct which tells me he is different.

Obviously he can fail & so can I, but as I said sometimes failure teaches a lot, if he keeps succeeding in domestic for a couple of years & fails in internationals he would have to learn from scratch the nuances of international cricket.

He might be different but he has played just two fc matches that too against a very weak opponents.I am all for backing young talent but I don't want ruin them either.The step up in quality is unimaginable and there is no need to rush him at this juncture.I have seen Shaw and co, I don't think they are ready to take on Anderson.