71% Indians Suffer From Poor Muscle Health

Singh bling

No meat in top 5 sources of Protein??? I thought the amount of Protein you get in meat, you won't get in other food stuff.

I am confused, why the article did not address the lack of meat in the average Indian diet.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Nutrition alone does not decide muscle mass it is also stress levels. We are also a very competitive and a stressed out country.

My Opinion: Others have full right to disagree

* We are only that what we EAT.

Not only our bodies, but also our brain health is very very much related to the nutrition. 

* Nutrition is much more important than environment and exercise. 

* We don't need much proteins. Excessive use of Daals is not good for the health. Daals are very heavy on the digestion. 

* Excessive meat is also not necessary. Sikhs of Punjab never consumed too much meat, but still they were very healthy. 

* Among vegetables, the green leafy vegetables are very healthy. Sikhs of Punjab have been eating a lot of Saag (different kind of Saags like Palak, Bathu Saag, Methi Saag etc.). 

* Please also use maximum the green leaves of Red Beats, Reddish, Turnips etc as they are much more healthy than the roots and tubers themselves. 

===

Humans are programmed for eating meat. It is our history of evolution. 

Nevertheless, avoid eating meat today as much as possible. Especially the chicken which has maximum amount of growth hormones and antibiotics. Also the farm buffalo meat is not good while they also get lot of growth hormones and grains so that they gain lot of weight in less time. 

If you want meat, then best is to use the wild fish from rivers or ocean. Farmed fishes are getting even more antibiotics than chickens. 

Always try to get best quality food i.e. best quality Milk (from grass fed cows), best quality and fresh vegetables, Roti from fresh grains of wheat (somehow rice is not so healthy, therefore avoid lot of biryani). Also don't use bakery breads which have chemicals in the for preservation.

Eat lot of raw green salad leaves, reddish, onions, cucumbers, paprika etc. 

Use good quality fats. 

The present vegetable oils are absolutely not good for health. Use only ghee or butter or coconut oil for cooking.