Imran VS Modi

Alam_dar

27 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Alam_dar Imran Khan is even more right wing than Modi because Pakistani society is heavily tilted towards the right. In India there are 100 political parties on left spectrum and 10 leaning towards right. In Pakistan PPP (Bangladesh genocide, Taliban....) is considered a left liberal party, what more can I say? There may be lynchings, cow violence, riots, hate speeches etc under Modi sarkar and I agree BJP should do better. But in Imran's province KP there is a huge exodus of non Muslims ongoing, Sikh population in Peshawar has dropped from 30,000 to under 8,000 in just these last 4 years according to an article by a Pakistani journalist LINK . You claim liberals are supporting Imran but why are they silent about the situation of Sikhs in Pakistan? Has Imran even acknowledged the magnitude of the problem in his province? Has Imran uttered a word about Ahmadis in his rallies? Are Ahmadis and Hindus/Sikhs an integral part of PTI manifesto or is it just a trivial mention?

So while you may have your reservations about BJP, you can't talk about PTI and Pakistani political parties to make your point about extremism. All BJP leaders including Modi/Yogi visit mosques, dargahs, meet Muslim citizens, honour them with national awards, implement schemes without bias etc. Last I heard even today a simple roundabout in Lahore hasn't been named after the legendary Bhagat Singh LINK who not only lived and died (1931) in modern day Pakistan but was also not opposed to Islam/Muslims by any stretch of imagination. He is a role model for all Sikhs including Pakistani ones, why not give your own citizens a token pleasure/recognition? Pakistanis don't have the heart to name a street after Bhagat Singh while in BJP's Madhya Pradesh there are a few thousand streets/roads/avenues/parks/community spaces named after prominent Indian Muslims and also Pakistani ones like Manto, Faiz, Iqbal (died before 1947 but nevertheless an ideologue of Pakistan) etc. Does Pakistan honour Maharaja Ranjit Singh? Is he a part of KP school curriculum or is Hindu/Sikh past whitewashed? What are Imran's views about curriculum in KP govt schools? Didn't he give Islamists a free hand in deciding education related matters? Didn't he give liberal grants to the University of Jihad LINK?

Are Hindu-Muslim marriages (sans conversion...converting away from Islam to Hinduism/Sikhism/Christianity toh door ki baat hai:cantstop:) allowed in Imran's province? Are Hindus allowed to run trusts/administration of mosques and dargahs in KP like we have in BJP's India? If minorities have disproportionate share in violent crime in Pakistan targeted towards Pak Muslims (majority) can you guarantee that there won't be backlash? Last I heard a mentally unstable boy allegedly desecrated Quran and an entire colony of Christians was gutted in fire by Muslims with police doing nothing and judiciary punishing the Christians. In India Muslims indulge in gender violence, terror attacks, riots, forced conversion, communal murders yet we the majority 100 crores population remain restrained. Bombay underworld was run by Muslims yet we never communalized it until the Muslims joined hands with the enemy country's military-jihadi complex. I very well know how the submissive Pak minorities face backlash and discrimination in spite of being law abiding citizens with a spotless record.

Lastly while you may be a liberal you can't speak for Pakistan's minorities. Why are they not allowed to speak and draw national/international attention unlike Indian minorities? Why no public positions for them. Every now and then you see news like 1st Hindu news anchor in Pakistan or 1st Sikh policeman in KP....I can only cry when I hear about such news. Let us make a comparison between  Indian Christians and Pak Hindus because both groups are around 2% of the population in their respective countries. While Christians (even under BJP rule) here have occupied the positions of President, Defence Minister, Chief Minister (in Hindu majority states that too like Andhra, Kerala), Bollywood star, Chief Justice, Indian Cricket Team Captain, Business Tycoon etc the best a Pakistani Hindu can hope for is employment as officer in a bank, I mean WTF. And then that becomes national news in Pakistan with anchors asking 'Dekho India, minorities ko support karna hum logon se seekho' :facepalm:.

After all this Pakistani so called liberals will pat themselves on their backs and proclaim how their minorities are doing better than in India or how both countries are taking divergent paths post 2014. I am sick and tired of these frivolous charges against Indian society. Yes we are not perfect, we will have to do better but India and Pakistan can never be mentioned in the same sentence.

If you can't answer these questions you have no ground to make these comparisons. Pakistani liberals are either hypocrites or so minuscule in numbers/influence that they are practically non existent. I am pretty sure I can name more liberal minded BJP MPs and MLAs than sum total of all liberals in Pakistan. Also I can assure you that even though Modi is typecast as a Hindutva fanatic, he is more liberal and tolerant than 95% of Muslim leaders of the last 1400 years. And I am not even a die hard fan of Modi and disapprove of Hindutva extremists who have been emboldened the last couple of years. 

Yes, under Modi regime we have visa mata Shrimati Sushma Swaraj thriving, how fanatic!

Although achhe din never happened, people who accuse Modi of fanaticism are actually pissed off at the fact that the country finally has a leader who has some pride and does not submit easily.

[mention=5943]Alam_dar[/mention] Imran Khan is even more right wing than Modi because Pakistani society is heavily tilted towards the right. In India there are 100 political parties on left spectrum and 10 leaning towards right. In Pakistan PPP (Bangladesh genocide, Taliban....) is considered a left liberal party, what more can I say? There may be lynchings, cow violence, riots, hate speeches etc under Modi sarkar and I agree BJP should do better. But in Imran's province KP there is a huge exodus of non Muslims ongoing, Sikh population in Peshawar has dropped from 30,000 to under 8,000 in just these last 4 years according to an article by a Pakistani journalist LINK . You claim liberals are supporting Imran but why are they silent about the situation of Sikhs in Pakistan? Has Imran even acknowledged the magnitude of the problem in his province? Has Imran uttered a word about Ahmadis in his rallies? Are Ahmadis and Hindus/Sikhs an integral part of PTI manifesto or is it just a trivial mention?

So while you may have your reservations about BJP, you can't talk about PTI and Pakistani political parties to make your point about extremism. All BJP leaders including Modi/Yogi visit mosques, dargahs, meet Muslim citizens, honour them with national awards, implement schemes without bias etc. Last I heard even today a simple roundabout in Lahore hasn't been named after the legendary Bhagat Singh LINK who not only lived and died (1931) in modern day Pakistan but was also not opposed to Islam/Muslims by any stretch of imagination. He is a role model for all Sikhs including Pakistani ones, why not give your own citizens a token pleasure/recognition? Pakistanis don't have the heart to name a street after Bhagat Singh while in BJP's Madhya Pradesh there are a few thousand streets/roads/avenues/parks/community spaces named after prominent Indian Muslims and also Pakistani ones like Manto, Faiz, Iqbal (died before 1947 but nevertheless an ideologue of Pakistan) etc. Does Pakistan honour Maharaja Ranjit Singh? Is he a part of KP school curriculum or is Hindu/Sikh past whitewashed? What are Imran's views about curriculum in KP govt schools? Didn't he give Islamists a free hand in deciding education related matters? Didn't he give liberal grants to the University of Jihad LINK?

Are Hindu-Muslim marriages (sans conversion...converting away from Islam to Hinduism/Sikhism/Christianity toh door ki baat hai:cantstop allowed in Imran's province? Are Hindus allowed to run trusts/administration of mosques and dargahs in KP like we have in BJP's India? If minorities have disproportionate share in violent crime in Pakistan targeted towards Pak Muslims (majority) can you guarantee that there won't be backlash? Last I heard a mentally unstable boy allegedly desecrated Quran and an entire colony of Christians was gutted in fire by Muslims with police doing nothing and judiciary punishing the Christians. In India Muslims indulge in gender violence, terror attacks, riots, forced conversion, communal murders yet we the majority 100 crores population remain restrained. Bombay underworld was run by Muslims yet we never communalized it until the Muslims joined hands with the enemy country's military-jihadi complex. I very well know how the submissive Pak minorities face backlash and discrimination in spite of being law abiding citizens with a spotless record.

Lastly while you may be a liberal you can't speak for Pakistan's minorities. Why are they not allowed to speak and draw national/international attention unlike Indian minorities? Why no public positions for them. Every now and then you see news like 1st Hindu news anchor in Pakistan or 1st Sikh policeman in KP....I can only cry when I hear about such news. Let us make a comparison between  Indian Christians and Pak Hindus because both groups are around 2% of the population in their respective countries. While Christians (even under BJP rule) here have occupied the positions of President, Defence Minister, Chief Minister (in Hindu majority states that too like Andhra, Kerala), Bollywood star, Chief Justice, Indian Cricket Team Captain, Business Tycoon etc the best a Pakistani Hindu can hope for is employment as officer in a bank, I mean WTF. And then that becomes national news in Pakistan with anchors asking 'Dekho India, minorities ko support karna hum logon se seekho' facepalm.gif.

After all this Pakistani so called liberals will pat themselves on their backs and proclaim how their minorities are doing better than in India or how both countries are taking divergent paths post 2014. I am sick and tired of these frivolous charges against Indian society. Yes we are not perfect, we will have to do better but India and Pakistan can never be mentioned in the same sentence.

If you can't answer these questions you have no ground to make these comparisons. Pakistani liberals are either hypocrites or so minuscule in numbers/influence that they are practically non existent. I am pretty sure I can name more liberal minded BJP MPs and MLAs than sum total of all liberals in Pakistan. Also I can assure you that even though Modi is typecast as a Hindutva fanatic, he is more liberal and tolerant than 95% of Muslim leaders of the last 1400 years. And I am not even a die hard fan of Modi and disapprove of Hindutva extremists who have been emboldened the last couple of years. 

Absolute waste of time to explain all this to the that troll (who cannot think beyond his own religion, that is Islam)...

I’m sure he’ll come back as, “oh nothing can be done in Pakistan, my own life in danger... BUT BJP should do this, BJP should do that... “... Basically BJP should not only take the theka (contract) doing all things right for Indian muslims, it has a theka for doing things right for Pak too...

All theka (contract) on BJP to do things right in it only term.. all others have effing no responsibilities... especially the beard stroking ulemas...

11 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Unfortunately, we are not living in a perfect world. 

Liberals do hate Taliban Khan, but what are the alternatives for the Liberals in Pakistan? Let us see:

1. We have Peoples Party which has been considered a liberal party. But this liberal party is perhaps the most corrupt party in Pakistan. Imran Khan is defeating them on the bases of his non corrupt politics. 

2. We have Nawaz Sharif, but for sure his party is more extremist than Imran Khan. 
Nawaz party is the legacy of Zia-ul-Haq basically. 

3. MQM of Karachi. 

They are also liberal, but they limited themselves only to Karachi by playing the Mahajir card. And there are other problems too with this party where it has relations with the weapons and Mafias. 

I wished there would have been any moderate, liberal, non-corrupt party in Pakistan which could have offered a substitute for PTI. 

I see both liberals and religions people abusing Imran Khan, but somehow still they end up voting for him. 

We have one person Jibran Nasir. I just hope one day he becomes the Prime Minister of Pakistan, and I see all liberal votes going to him. Note his name ... Jibran Nasir. 

===

Unfortunately it is also not enough for BJP to accept the decision of SC regarding homos. Even Muslims of India had to accept this decision and they didn't protested against it. 

But it would be best if BJP could move more in the right, so that it could get support from all/many segments of the society, so that it could unite whole Indian society. 

Heard good things about Jibran Nasir. 

Isn't he the guy who stood for his principles in support for Ahmedis? 

Pakistan needs people like him.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

^yep, us Indians should learn from Pakistan on inclusive politics & society. 

Next up, the ISRO & Maruti/Tata motors leadership should visit Pak and learn from their space program and automotive industry respectively.

If you feel it an insult to learn anything from the incidents in Pakistan, then it would be unfortunate. 

Anyhow, as I stated earlier, Human Rationale is enough to guide us towards the right path. Even without Pakistan and Imran,  one will come to the same result. One only has to ponder upon the things rationally. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

@Alam_dar Imran Khan is even more right wing than Modi because Pakistani society is heavily tilted towards the right. In India there are 100 political parties on left spectrum and 10 leaning towards right. In Pakistan PPP (Bangladesh genocide, Taliban....) is considered a left liberal party, what more can I say? There may be lynchings, cow violence, riots, hate speeches etc under Modi sarkar and I agree BJP should do better. But in Imran's province KP there is a huge exodus of non Muslims ongoing, Sikh population in Peshawar has dropped from 30,000 to under 8,000 in just these last 4 years according to an article by a Pakistani journalist LINK . You claim liberals are supporting Imran but why are they silent about the situation of Sikhs in Pakistan? Has Imran even acknowledged the magnitude of the problem in his province? Has Imran uttered a word about Ahmadis in his rallies? Are Ahmadis and Hindus/Sikhs an integral part of PTI manifesto or is it just a trivial mention?

Are Hindu-Muslim marriages (sans conversion...converting away from Islam to Hinduism/Sikhism/Christianity toh door ki baat hai:cantstop:) allowed in Imran's province? Are Hindus allowed to run trusts/administration of mosques and dargahs in KP like we have in BJP's India? If minorities have disproportionate share in violent crime in Pakistan targeted towards Pak Muslims (majority) can you guarantee that there won't be backlash? Last I heard a mentally unstable boy allegedly desecrated Quran and an entire colony of Christians was gutted in fire by Muslims with police doing nothing and judiciary punishing the Christians. In India Muslims indulge in gender violence, terror attacks, riots, forced conversion, communal murders yet we the majority 100 crores population remain restrained. Bombay underworld was run by Muslims yet we never communalized it until the Muslims joined hands with the enemy country's military-jihadi complex. I very well know how the submissive Pak minorities face backlash and discrimination in spite of being law abiding citizens with a spotless record.

Lastly while you may be a liberal you can't speak for Pakistan's minorities. Why are they not allowed to speak and draw national/international attention unlike Indian minorities? Why no public positions for them. Every now and then you see news like 1st Hindu news anchor in Pakistan or 1st Sikh policeman in KP....I can only cry when I hear about such news. Let us make a comparison between  Indian Christians and Pak Hindus because both groups are around 2% of the population in their respective countries. While Christians (even under BJP rule) here have occupied the positions of President, Defence Minister, Chief Minister (in Hindu majority states that too like Andhra, Kerala), Bollywood star, Chief Justice, Indian Cricket Team Captain, Business Tycoon etc the best a Pakistani Hindu can hope for is employment as officer in a bank, I mean WTF. And then that becomes national news in Pakistan with anchors asking 'Dekho India, minorities ko support karna hum logon se seekho' :facepalm:.

All the facts stated above about Imran Khan and situation of minorities in Pakistan are 100% correct. 

I criticize IK equally as you have criticized above. The next stage is abusing Imran Khan, and that too I have done while debating with his supporters. I have been banned from Pakistani discussion forums for criticism upon IK (almost all Pakistani discussion forums are run by Imran's fans). 

But the question that I asked above was: "If not IK, then whom should the Liberals vote at the end"?  Any answer?

None of them (PPP, Nawaz, Imran) come forward and raise voice for the rights of the minorities. None of them have the courage to challenge the Mullah. Actually, all of them kiss the feet of Mullah for their interests. 

We are doomed as a country. Please don't let India sink due to the religious hatreds the same way as it happened in Pakistan. Please make India great place for the humans and a place of love and peace.

25 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Heard good things about Jibran Nasir. 

Isn't he the guy who stood for his principles in support for Ahmedis? 

Pakistan needs people like him.

Yes, he is the one who stood for the rights of Ahmadis, Shias, Christians and all. 

He is the one who rejected to get votes in name of religion (while Imran Khan sells the religion to get votes). 

All the Mullahs are so much against him and everywhere they are chanting at him "Qadiyani Agent". 

I wonder if he stays alive for next couple of months. 

He is a man of principles and morals. While Imran Khan sells the principles and morals for the votes. 

I am so much satisfied with him that I openly admit that he is my true leader. 

Edited by Alam_dar

4 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

All the facts stated above about Imran Khan and situation of minorities in Pakistan are 100% correct. 

I criticize IK equally as you have criticized above. The next stage is abusing Imran Khan, and that too I have done while debating with his supporters. I have been banned from Pakistani discussion forums for criticism upon IK (almost all Pakistani discussion forums are run by Imran's fans). 

But the question that I asked above was: "If not IK, then whom should the Liberals vote at the end"?  Any answer?

None of them (PPP, Nawaz, Imran) come forward and raise voice for the rights of the minorities. None of them have the courage to challenge the Mullah. Actually, all of them kiss the feet of Mullah for their interests. 

We are doomed as a country. Please don't let India sink due to the religious hatreds the same way as it happened in Pakistan. Please make India great place for the humans and a place of love and peace.

Politics comes later, first Pakistani society is tilted too much towards the right. There won't be feasible options in such an atmosphere. Wonder how that will change?

58 minutes ago, Pace90 said:

On Imran khan's victory,

Pakistanis are overjoyed, Indians ( on this forum ) are sad.

Negative comments all over, by Indian friends

After all Afridi was right about big and small hearts.

Not only Indians, but every non biased Pakistan is also sad. 

We don't want a DARK STATE in Pakistan. 

We don't want our Judiciary and Election commission under the influence of the dark state. 

And Imran Khan is behaving like the stooge of the dark state at moment. 

Either it is Imran Khan or Nawaz Sharif, we have to say NO to the dark state. 

I don't get the hatred for Dar Saheb on the forum. I understand he's a bit of old fashioned and senility does that to you but apart from that I think he's a real principled guy.

I say that because in the past I have observed him on other forums too and his stance was similar to as it is now.

He doesn't troll as much as some of us would like to believe.

5 hours ago, Pace90 said:

On Imran khan's victory,

Why would we be sad, you live in your own bubble and we live in our own world. So long as you don't throw bombs on our side of the fence, we don't care if you have Sheikh Hasina as the PM. But you know as well as I do, keeping the Kashmir issue burning keeps your army in power and our politicians happy as well.

Also stop being delusional about Afridi's comments, if you did have big hearts there would've been no partition.

Edited by R!TTER

11 hours ago, Pace90 said:

On Imran khan's victory,

For starters why don't you put your big hearts to use in this instance:

A visit to Bhagat Singh's Lahore, where a chowk can't be named after him because of his religion

Bhagat Singh was an atheist. But for the city where he plotted a revolution and became a martyr, his religious identity is considered his only identity.

LINK

Author is Haroon Khalid, a Pakistani author based in Lahore. Not quoting views of Indian journos/writers so that you don't scream conspiracy. 

In Pakistan a landmark can't be named after a non-Muslim, a history text book can't write two good words about the subcontinent's non Muslim past, children are taught to hate kafirs before they learn the alphabets, where news of a Sikh becoming news anchor for the first time ever is breaking news and a point of national discussion.....no need to compare hearts. First step is to inculcate some humanity which is sadly missing in most Pakistanis, once they take that step may be we will think about these threads. India is not even in the picture, hopefully Pakistani awaam takes some inspiration from erstwhile brothers, the Bangladeshis, and aspires to reach that level in the next 50 years. 

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

For starters why don't you put your big hearts to use in this instance:

A visit to Bhagat Singh's Lahore, where a chowk can't be named after him because of his religion

Bhagat Singh was an atheist. But for the city where he plotted a revolution and became a martyr, his religious identity is considered his only identity.

LINK

Author is Haroon Khalid, a Pakistani author based in Lahore. Not quoting views of Indian journos/writers so that you don't scream conspiracy. 

Ignore the trolls. They see every thing with their green tinted glasses.

Biggest hypocrites on the planet.