Trichromatic

This will be one of the best series of Umesh Yadav's career

Genuine swing fast bowler who never played in best bowling conditions of England and South Africa and always thrown on flat pitches of India and Australia.

He lacked control earlier, but has improved a lot.

My prediction - 20+ wickets at avg of 22-24 with 2 5-fers.
We will win the series then.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Genuine swing fast bowler who never played in best bowling conditions of England and South Africa and always thrown on flat pitches of India and Australia.

He lacked control earlier, but has improved a lot.

My prediction - 20+ wickets at avg of 22-24 with 2 5-fers.

Aapke mooh me ghee shakkar :dance:

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He will do well but methinks this series will see the rebirth of Lord Ishant, from here on he is the new Gillespie of world cricket.

Aapke bhi!:dance:

Inshallah!

Bhuvi- a genuine swing n seam bowler

Umesh- an outswing bowler with healthy pace

Shami- a genuine seam bowler can also reverse

Bumrah- a tall bouncy bowler with a spicy in dipper

This was the perfect attack to win a series in England.... But team management n selectors has ruined it :smash:

8 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Bhuvi- a genuine swing n seam bowler

Umesh- an outswing bowler with healthy pace

Shami- a genuine seam bowler can also reverse

Bumrah- a tall bouncy bowler with a spicy in dipper

This was the perfect attack to win a series in England.... But team management n selectors has ruined it :smash:

Ishant? 

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ishant? 

Of course ishant is there, ishant a workhorse will give you a 20 overs of good pace but his length is a issue, short mostly not enough in good length areas, reason why I will prefer above 4 ahead of ishu in playing 11.

7 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Of course ishant is there, ishant a workhorse will give you a 20 overs of good pace but his length is a issue, short mostly not enough in good length areas, reason why I will prefer above 4 ahead of ishu in playing 11.

Ishant worked on wrist position and bowling fuller lengths at Sussex, says coach Jason Gillespie

LINK

He will wreak havoc on English batsmen this time :dance:. County stint will work wonders like it did with Zak in our victorious 2007 tour.

32 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ishant worked on wrist position and bowling fuller lengths at Sussex, says coach Jason Gillespie

LINK

He will wreak havoc on English batsmen this time :dance:. County stint will work wonders like it did with Zak in our victorious 2007 tour.

Since bumrah is unfit i think he wll play We wll see if he has improved it or not anyway best of luck to him :thumb:

I am really curious as to what happened ahead of this year's IPL, that has drastically changed Umesh's control & consistency.  I totally agree with the OP that this England tour will be defining moment of Umesh's test career. 

The biggest challenge for Umesh will be to cut down on the  " other ball "  that ends up on the pads and the short wide ball.

He is a natural outswing bowler ... and if he can keep bowling the channel and maintain his pace ... he will be a big hit in England because of his outswingers.

Umesh is not at all a test level bowler  by any stretch, just like Ishant. But it seems ENG conditions are made for him. Similarly Ishant too seems to have ENG conditions as his suited ones and seems to bowl a lot fuller off late too.Hence think both will come good.

I think he is too far at the bottom of the totem pole to think that he will lead the entire series in wickets. I think Bumrah is a guaranteed pick when he comes back healthy, and then the other two fast bowler spots are between the other 4: Shami, Ishant, Umesh, Bhuvi. He will probably perform well in the chances he gets, provided the pitches are conducive to swing, but if such a pitch pops up, he may cede his position to BK who he has basically formed a platoon with: Umesh plays on flat/dry/bouncy pitches while BK plays on green/moist/overcast conditions.  

12 hours ago, Gollum said:

He will do well but methinks this series will see the rebirth of Lord Ishant, from here on he is the new Gillespie of world cricket.

Will he score a double?

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I think he is too far at the bottom of the totem pole to think that he will lead the entire series in wickets. I think Bumrah is a guaranteed pick when he comes back healthy, and then the other two fast bowler spots are between the other 4: Shami, Ishant, Umesh, Bhuvi. He will probably perform well in the chances he gets, provided the pitches are conducive to swing, but if such a pitch pops up, he may cede his position to BK who he has basically formed a platoon with: Umesh plays on flat/dry/bouncy pitches while BK plays on green/moist/overcast conditions.  

BK is out, unlikely come back this series.

Best time to test Saini and Siraj was against Afghans, the selectors ruined the chance they got,home conditions ,weak opponent,we could have got glimpse of their lengths in intl match....but still Siraj is a must(deserves)

For the first test

Umesh

Ishant

Shami

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

BK is out, unlikely come back this series.

That is fortunate for Umesh in a sense then, if BK is out the whole series. If we get a totally green pitch, we may leave out a spinner and play all four of Bumrah/Shami/Ishant/Umesh with Pandya the 5th bowling option.

In simple words we should prepare atleast 2 pacers who can take  place of first choice pacers at short notice in case of injury or bad form..we are left with situations like the current one ,where the management is scared to try promising newbies like Saini,Siraj,Rajpoot etc..these bowlers ahould have been given chance long time back,its not we were dismantling lineups regularly with our pacers,Ishant was always a candidate to remove,though he is bowling tight lengths these days,but quite truly they have quashed numerous opportunities they got before

4 hours ago, MechEng said:

By the end of the series Umesh Yadav brainless gawaar thread will be active again.

No :nono: we had only one brainless gawaar in the team who never understood technology  in drs, nowadays doesn't understand social media... He retired way back in december 2014 from test matches... You know who it is..

Oh man, rooting for this guy has been so painful. I get so scared every time he comes in to bowl, you just automatically start praying that he doesn’t bowl down the leg side.

Most unpredictable bowler of all time, rivaling the great Ajit Agarkar.

I’ve no idea how he’ll do in this series, I just wish he rips the eng boys apart.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:49 PM, adi B said:

Umesh likes bowling the" heavy ball " ,he'll absolutely enjoy the duke ball in his hand and can exploit the reverse swing when on offer ,perfect bowler for the duke ball .

He has improved his consistency in the last 1-2 years 

The only thing he is consistent in is inconsistency :P

But yeah he’ll relish bowling with the big fat seam

6 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Some one on match thread said Jinx dropped catch on his bowling. So doesn't deserves all the flak. Yes, he has not performed after so much experience but what can he do today if slip dropped a catch on his bowling. Deserved a wicket.

It was ishant. But agree yadav has been unlucky today. Has bowled pretty well to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

It was ishant. But agree yadav has been unlucky today. Has bowled pretty well to be honest.

Bad for Ishant then. Reading a comment on cricbuzz app (someone with moniker karthik)  that Yadav is not bowling anywhere near his IPL speed. Probably realising that it's line and length which will get wickets in England more than pace?

After watching him in IPL i felt he could be our strike bowler here. Been disappointing. 29 runs in 7 overall. Neither picking wicket nor choking runs. Hope he uses this chance at least. Most of his career is over as pacer but still can't cut the top level, which is worrying. Perhaps I was silly expecting him to pick 25 odd wickets this series on basis of the dodgy IPL.

50 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Its just 3 overs. First time hes bowling in England. Cut him some slack. Quote me at the end of the day if he's still doing bad. Some of you losers deserve your dindas and Mohit sharmas, etc.

A test career of 37 test matches and still he cannot be leader of even an Indian pace bowling attack. Same with Ishant. Same old story it seems. 82 test matches experience and still cannot be leader of pace attack. It's not they are being criticized in their debut match. It's a rightful criticism of someone who is being criticized for failing in spite of a long international experience. He was promising in IPL, gave feeling at least this would be a series wherein he would pick 25 odd wickets for first time in his career, but that was a false hope it seems.

17 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

A test career of 37 test matches and still he cannot be leader of even an Indian pace bowling attack. Same with Ishant. Same old story it seems. 82 test matches experience and still cannot be leader of pace attack. It's not they are being criticized in their debut match. It's a rightful criticism of someone who is being criticized for failing in spite of a long international experience. He was promising in IPL, gave feeling at least this would be a series wherein he would pick 25 odd wickets for first time in his career, but that was a false hope it seems.

Clown said quota him at the end of the day. It's just tea break wait pls...  Let Ishant and Shami do all the hard work. He ll pick Anderson and then he will claim "Umesh the legend yadav" is back:phehe: