Dhawan is almost confirmed starter for first test

Won't be a big setback if it comes at the cost of Pujara.

I mean Rohit for Rahane in SA was the real deal, that set the benchmark so high (or low depending on where you stand) for Kohli (Shastri is just his masseuse) that he may find it difficult to top it. I know he must be itching inside, desperately wanting to overdo his own akhand chewtiyapa in England. Only way that is possible is to hope for Rahane to score 2 match winning 100s in the 1st 3 tests and bring back Rohit Sharma to the squad for the final 2 in place of Jinx while playing the oh so convenient 'niggle' card. Certainly won't put it past Wrogn, which will be promptly followed by 'I don't want to be friends with you' or 'I don't want to fight with you' in the ill-tempered press conferences.

I think he purposely does this to send us fans into meltdown, may be he gets a kick out of these things.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Won't be a big setback if it comes at the cost of Pujara.

I mean Rohit for Rahane in SA was the real deal, that set the benchmark so high (or low depending on where you stand) for Kohli (Shastri is just his masseuse) that he may find it difficult to top it. I know he must be itching inside, desperately wanting to overdo his own akhand chewtiyapa in England. Only way that is possible is to hope for Rahane to score 2 match winning 100s in the 1st 3 tests and bring back Rohit Sharma to the squad for the final 2 in place of Jinx while playing the oh so convenient 'niggle' card. Certainly won't put it past Wrogn, which will be promptly followed by 'I don't want to be friends with you' or 'I don't want to fight with you' in the ill-tempered press conferences.

I think he purposely does this to send us fans into meltdown, may be he gets a kick out of these things.

Dhawan scored a 100 last test,that's what counts with this management,there is no horses for courses,so there is no meltdown or surprise

Dhawan as an opener is the correct choice for the first match. If he does not perform he should sit out the next two.

I Would Give Dhawan 2 matches If he Doesn't Perform Drop Him Forever From Test Matches.Secondly K.l Rahul Has lot to prove in overseas condition he looked worse than Rohit and Dhawan in South Africa .