Karunandhi health status...

FischerTal

8 minutes ago, beetle said:

I will never understand this cult following which makes your brain go dead.

Why indulge in violence if someone passes away...specially from natural causes.

What kind of mob brainfade is that?

What is the use of being educated if you can not think logically?

its just making their presence felt to the higher authorities  .. 

if they goto jail for doing this silly stuffs , it will add weight in their political resume

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Yeah never understood this hero worshipping mentality amongst  south people.

Also wasn't this Karunanidhi at the forefront of Dravidian movement back in the day and vehemently anti Hindu, going as far as breaking idols and what not?

Periyar did an incalculable damage in Tamilnadu.

when gurmeet ram rahim got arrested , 100s of people died :hehe:

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Yeah never understood this hero worshipping mentality amongst south people.

Also wasn't this Karunanidhi at the forefront of Dravidian movement back in the day and vehemently anti Hindu, going as far as breaking idols and what not?

Periyar did an incalculable damage in Tamilnadu.

Hero worship is also there in the Telugu region, like TN undivided Andhra also had cine stars in positions of political power including CM. In my experience people from these 2 states are very emotional, hearts over heads.....may be that's a reason. Mallus OTOH are more logical and ruthless, hence never give the same party 2 consecutive terms, also the reason why there is no cult of personality there. But tbh this hero worshipping is gaining ground in other places too of late...you watch these rabid Modi bhakts and then wonder what is wrong with their wiring. Pakistanis treat Imran as some messiah, even more than that perhaps...youthians have placed him on the same pedestal as Muhammad.

Karuna didn't break idols but was an asshole nonetheless, extremely anti Hindu who introduced the politics of hate. I prefer AIADMK over DMK and Jaya over Karuna...again both are corrupt but DMK several orders higher in magnitude. It is a tragedy that Amma passed away so soon, she was one person who could have kept anti national elements under control. Where were clowns like Kamal Haasan and Seeman as long as she ruled the roost? Contrast her handling of Kudankulam protests (by anti national elements, church and foreign hand) to the recent Sterlite protests hijacked by urban Maoists.

Periyar the iconoclast and his DK party have done extensive damage to dharmic institutions but still command noisy support and that is tragic. DK is like DMK on steroids based on my understanding. 

Edited by beetle

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hero worship is also there in the Telugu region, like TN undivided Andhra also had cine stars in positions of political power including CM. In my experience people from these 2 states are very emotional, hearts over heads.....may be that's a reason. Mallus OTOH are more logical and ruthless, hence never give the same party 2 consecutive terms, also the reason why there is no cult of personality there. But tbh this hero worshipping is gaining ground in other places too of late...you watch these rabid Modi bhakts and then wonder what is wrong with their wiring. Pakistanis treat Imran as some messiah, even more than that perhaps...youthians have placed him on the same pedestal as Muhammad.

Karuna didn't break idols but was an asshole nonetheless, extremely anti Hindu who introduced the politics of hate. I prefer AIADMK over DMK and Jaya over Karuna...again both are corrupt but DMK several orders higher in magnitude. It is a tragedy that Amma passed away so soon, she was one person who could have kept anti national elements under control. Where were clowns like Kamal Haasan and Seeman as long as she ruled the roost? Contrast her handling of Kudankulam protests (by anti national elements, church and foreign hand) to the recent Sterlite protests hijacked by urban Maoists.

Periyar the iconoclast and his DK party have done extensive damage to dharmic institutions but still command noisy support and that is tragic. DK is like DMK on steroids based on my understanding. 

I blame the TN Brahmins for it. Their 'head in the sand' mentality is the reason why we have to deal with this chutiapa or as Surajmal will like to call it 'the lemurian syndrome'.

18 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

I blame the TN Brahmins for it. Their 'head in the sand' mentality is the reason why we have to deal with this chutiapa or as Surajmal will like to call it 'the lemurian syndrome'.

Bhai TN Brahmins ko laath mar ke apne ghar se bhaga diye hain during peak Dravidian movement. Look at Brahmin population in TN today..not even 1%. Most of the intelligentsia of the State has been ruthlessly hounded....TamBrahms are the brainiest people in Indian subcontinent and without them TN will suffer the same intellectual decline as the erstwhile great Bengal. From my experience most Tamil Brahmins are extremely patriotic and true to their dharmic roots.....I don't see how they can be blamed at all.

There may be a few 'head in the sand' mentality type people still but that may be a defence mechanism. Majority faults in TN are unfairly pinned on Brahmins, priests are attacked and sacred threads ripped off on the streets...in such cases some may feel that it is better to keep a low profile or appear as a Dravidian apologist bas apni khaal bachane ke liye. Still you see the likes of Subramaniam Swamy and Gurumurthy who stay in TN and call out Dravidian BS frequently....before that you had Cho Ramaswamy. 

Could you elaborate why you feel so? My experience with them is very different.

Edited by Gollum

42 minutes ago, velu said:

when gurmeet ram rahim got arrested , 100s of people died :hehe:

Yeah...but their 'God' was arrested and put behind bars .Not that there was any justification. Besides the very fact that they followed him means they were morons .

He was not dying of old age or disease.

Here  when a politician/ actor , however popular he may be ,is sick from natural causes/ disease..... Why get violent ? Who are they protesting against? Yamraj? Doctors? 

Edited by beetle

36 minutes ago, Gollum said:

In my experience people from these 2 states are very emotional, hearts over heads.....may be that's a reason.

Arey bhai .....emotional is fine.

If you are emotional...pray , cry, fast, do whatever you need to do to show grief.....why violence? 

Against whom? 

For what?

A person dies of natural causes or disease....why indulge in violence? 

How does that help? 

That is not emotional....that is insane and moronic.

16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bhai TN Brahmins ko laath mar ke apne ghar se bhaga diye hain during peak Dravidian movement. Look at Brahmin population in TN today..not even 1%. Most of the intelligentsia of the State has been ruthlessly hounded....TamBrahms are the brainiest people in Indian subcontinent and without them TN will suffer the same intellectual decline as the erstwhile great Bengal. From my experience most Tamil Brahmins are extremely patriotic and true to their dharmic roots.....I don't see how they can be blamed at all.

There may be a few 'head in the sand' mentality type people still but that may be a defence mechanism. Majority faults in TN are unfairly pinned on Brahmins, priests are attacked and sacred threads ripped off on the streets...in such cases some may feel that it is better to keep a low profile or appear as a Dravidian apologist bas apni khaal bachane ke liye. Still you see the likes of Subramaniam Swamy and Gurumurthy who stay in TN and call out Dravidian BS frequently....before that you had Cho Ramaswamy. 

Could you elaborate why you feel so? My experience with them is very different.

I think you took my statement in the wrong way. The 'head in the sand' comment was in context of short sightedness on the part of TN Brahmins and their ignorance and unwillingness to act when these movements were in infancy. 

The Justice party and self respect movements derived their support from the lower echelons of Tamil society and had Iyers been prudent at that time, they would have visualised the devastating consequences of these caste based revolts.

It's their lack of vision and general careless attitude which allowed these parties to consolidate their support, brainwashing their followers with the now defunct Aryan invasion theory and Brahmins as some foreign Invaders and sowed the seeds of Dravidian movement of 50s to 70s.

All I'm saying is that Brahmins missed the trick by incorrectly assessing the potential harms these movements posed and now they pay the price.

18 minutes ago, beetle said:

Arey bhai .....emotional is fine.

If you are emotional...pray , cry, fast, do whatever you need to do to show grief.....why violence? 

Against whom? 

For what?

A person dies of natural causes or disease....why indulge in violence? 

How does that help? 

That is not emotional....that is insane and moronic.

I am not sure but when Amma died there was no violence, people conducted themselves rather well. May be this violence issue is overblown.

I recall when YSR died in that chopper crash, there were reports of many Telugu farmers who allegedly committed suicide out of grief. But when there was investigation it became clear that they were exaggerated and all the deaths were due to natural causes or because of debt recovery/crop failure reasons. The politicians drummed up fictional numbers to show how great their late leader was and how emotionally attached he/she was with the commoners. Pure propaganda. I will take such allegations with a pinch of salt. Even during Jallikattu protests there was no violence till the last day when urban Maoists and Islamic groups infiltrated and caused chaos. To say that Southies indulge in violence is insensitive generalization.

Even during Indo-Pak matches you have news about suicides and carefully scripted drama of people breaking old TV sets. Most of the suicides are by bettors who have lost large sums of money...same in case of South American and African football, I have read of even tennis gamblers doing the same after a low level challenger match. Don't believe whatever media tells you.

Edited by Gollum