Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

ENGvIND The dropped catches tracking thread

14 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Pant.

I haven't seen him keeping in 5 day match but I agree would not hurt us to try him. What happened to Naman Ojha..I thought he did reasonable in 1 test in SL ?

We should replace DK and Hardik in the next match with pant and Kuldeep/batsman (depending on the pitch)

That’ll be a major upgrade... Also, I know Ishu is Kohli’s Delhi buddy... but I want either Yaddu or Ishu to be dropped, if not both...

2 hours ago, asterix said:

That’ll be a major upgrade... Also, I know Ishu is Kohli’s Delhi buddy... but I want either Yaddu or Ishu to be dropped, if not both...

Looks like Yadav will make way for bumrah in the second test. A bit sad because I hoped this lad will make his name in this series.

6 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Sam Curran dropped on 24.

Mohammed Shami to Curran, no run, dropped. Karthik, wrong-footed once more as Shami angles it in. It straighten and takes the outside edge. It's headed straight for Dhawan but Karthik stretches to his left, one-handed and puts it down

https://streamable.com/m1zvc

Even Rahane's catch attempt was not his catch. Kohli's. Basically error in judgment from KKD and Rahane.  If you look at it KKD tried to take Dhawan's catch, Rahane tried to take Kohli's catch lol Two known culprits in recent times. So you never know whether Kohli or Dhawan would have held on to those catches.

Are you tracking their drops too?

31.1 Stokes to Hardik Pandya, 1 run, now Cook drops it at first slip. What is happening out here? Unbelievable Test match cricket. And England have put down two in two. Loose from Hardik Pandya, driving at a ball well wide of off, such an easy chance and Cook drops it. They are shell-shocked. The ball is just behind him and the batsmen spot the chance to steal one

30.6 Anderson to Kohli, no run, dropped! By Malan at 2nd slip. Anderson is so so unlucky. This is fantastic bowling once more, drew him across finally and made him play at a full outswinger, the edge carried nicely to Malan. Straight in and out. Can't believe it are the Englishmen. Kohli gets a life. No justice for Anderson

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

Are you tracking their drops too?

31.1 Stokes to Hardik Pandya, 1 run, now Cook drops it at first slip. What is happening out here? Unbelievable Test match cricket. And England have put down two in two. Loose from Hardik Pandya, driving at a ball well wide of off, such an easy chance and Cook drops it. They are shell-shocked. The ball is just behind him and the batsmen spot the chance to steal one

30.6 Anderson to Kohli, no run, dropped! By Malan at 2nd slip. Anderson is so so unlucky. This is fantastic bowling once more, drew him across finally and made him play at a full outswinger, the edge carried nicely to Malan. Straight in and out. Can't believe it are the Englishmen. Kohli gets a life. No justice for Anderson

Done, see the 2nd post of this thread. Also noted down their runs when they got reprieve, will be easier to add the runs cost stat after they are dismissed. 

Edited by Gollum

Both catching units were shocking these 2 days, no wonder stats say they have been among the bottom for the last few years. At least England take some chances and even blinders....India didn't get a single wicket behind the stumps in 1st innings. Hope they take all chances today, huge huge day for us. 

18.6 Ishant to Malan, no run, Dhawan isn't sure. He has caught that at first slip and wants the umps to go upstairs. The soft signal is not out. No problems with the no-ball. We move on. Are the fingers under the ball? The crowd boo as they see it on the big screen. Not sure why. Dhawan didn't claim it. Erasmus has a couple of looks and is happy to go with the original call and the crowd now cheer. Malan stays. Always goes in favor of the batsman these calls, difficult to say whether Dhawan had the fingers under the ball, went straight in for sure. Ishant finally producing the ball that curved away to take the edge and like we saw yesterday, it doesn't carry.

score 52/3

MODS DELETED MY POST!!! THANKFULLY INDIAN TEAM READ IT BEFORE IT WAS REMOVED! IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS SHOUTING, THAT THEY REALIZED HOW SERIOUS FANS ARE!!! ALL CREDIT TO ME!!! I FIXED INDIAN SLIP FIELDING!!! WHERE IS MY ZILLION DOLLAR SALARY :hitler:

1 minute ago, Sachinism said:

Can't really class that Dhawan catch a drop. Made a good effort of it. 

But the one off Curran :facepalm:

In the  OP I made it clear that 'We can also keep track of the difficult ones/half chances missed because generally what is half chance for our maharathis is routine for the best catching outfits '. That is why I am also attaching the commentary of the missed chances, will give a complete picture after the series is over. IMO that was more than a half chance,with a better technique he would have gobbled it up. Slip catchers resting on their heels with hands on knees has been a problem for us for a long time. 

'Typically, however, the winner is just the player who made the next-to-last mistake'- 13th World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov

Golden words. Both teams dropped catches but we were the ones to make the final blunder. Dhawan's drop of Curran when the latter was on 13 sealed the match. 190 was a bridge too far but had they been reduced to 107/8 who knows target may have been sub 150. 

Edited by Gollum

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

'Typically, however, the winner is just the player who made the next-to-last mistake'- 13th World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov

Golden words. Both teams dropped catches but we were the ones to make the final blunder. Dhawan's drop of Curran when the latter was on 13 sealed the match. 190 was a bridge too far but had they been reduced to 107/8 who knows target may have been sub 150. 

Rahane and Shikhar the two culprits from our side.

1 hour ago, sscomp32 said:

I will be adding videos of drops. 

Op can add to first post 

Bhai this 'streamable' website is blocked in India. I had to use Gom VPN to access it. You based outside India?

Edited by Gollum