Which current Indian batsman has the best batting technique??

Which current Indian batsman has the best batting technique??  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which current Indian batsman has the best batting technique??

I am a big fan of Gooch. His technique was anything but classical and almost looked silly. He knew he could save time by backlift beforehand.

I am tired of Bycott and his technique. He is the reason Test is dying a slow agonizing death.

i like fireworks.

Edited by Khota
After Vijay and Kohli, Ashwin and KKD have best techniques then Rahane

Then you have bhuvi and few other

Then dhawan

Then you have Thakur ishant Sharma and few others

Then you have jasprit bumrah

And then finally you have Rohit sharma 
Why you put Kohli there? I think its Vijay follwed by Ashwin, KKD, Vijay Shankar and last but not the least Srini mama :giggle:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

New ball in subcontinent is the easiest place to bat, and we all saw how well Rahul fared when faced against new ball against quality bowlers on seaming tracks in SA. We all know who was the best batsmen from both sides in that series.

The one quality I like about Kohli is when in form he will carry his team on his back. Any batsman can go thru rough patches , what counts is when they are in form what they do with it.

Rahul and Kohli don't belong in the same sentence.One is ATG in all formats and other is not even good player yet.

Kohli too had stinkers in Eng 2014 and WI 2011...Rahul failed in 2 tests. And VK has never played a single significant knock on rank turners. Rahul's series winning show against Aus in 2017 trumps anything Kohli has done till date in red ball cricket.

:hysterical: at Rahul not being a good player yet.

7 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Technique is all about scoring runs not leaving balls

Batting technique is not just about scoring runs either  (  Sehwag scored a lot but did not have a great technique ).

I guess different people will define technique in different ways ... for me, batting technique is about batting in a manner which makes a player a consistent performer in different conditions, on different pitches and against different bowling attacks.

Batting technique is something which holds one in good stead even when a batsman is not timing the ball well  and minimizes his risks of getting out. It makes batsmanship easier and more efficient.

Edited by express bowling
5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

may be u stopped watching cricket after that coz dravid played after him n had it 

leaving manjrekar n dravid aside, how does dhawan n rohit have better technique then vijay n pujara who has made runs in tough conditions 

Manjrekar and Dravid in the same sentence. Seriously?

I have very serious doubts about Pujara.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Batting technique is not just about scoring runs either  (  Sehwag scored a lot but did not have a great technique ).

I guess different people will define technique in different ways ... for me, batting technique is about batting in a manner which makes a player a consistent performer in different conditions, on different pitches and against different bowling attacks.

Batting technique is something which holds one in good stead even when a batsman is not timing the ball well  and minimizes his risks of getting out. It makes batsmanship easier and more efficient.

Whose it in your opinion? 

Kohli? 

7 hours ago, Khota said:

I am a big fan of Gooch. His technique was anything but classical and almost looked silly. He knew he could save time by backlift beforehand.

I am tired of Bycott and his technique. He is the reason Test is dying a slow agonizing death.

i like fireworks.

You also think ipl is better more difficult format than international tests.. So it's your opinion man one perspective.

26 minutes ago, Vilander said:

You also think ipl is better more difficult format than international tests.. So it's your opinion man one perspective.

Yes! No time to play dot ball. Need to getyour timing right the first ball. More fun.

It has to be Vijay. He has scored runs atleast in one series tours to England, Australia and SA. But it needs to be seen that he can still perform at his age. Kohli's scores in Eng and when playing on turners is just poor and he also has the comfortable of batting in the middle order where it's easy to bat on when compared to openers. 

12 hours ago, putrevus said:

New ball in subcontinent is the easiest place to bat, and we all saw how well Rahul fared when faced against new ball against quality bowlers on seaming tracks in SA. We all know who was the best batsmen from both sides in that series.

The one quality I like about Kohli is when in form he will carry his team on his back. Any batsman can go thru rough patches , what counts is when they are in form what they do with it.

Rahul and Kohli don't belong in the same sentence.One is ATG in all formats and other is not even good player yet.

New ball is easy to face in subcontinent only n only if the pitch is flat, you don't really need compact technique on flat tracks, even Rohit scores a daddy hundreds on flat tracks, its difficult pitch with lateral movement or square  turner which evaluate a sound technique, may be you are getting confused between the best batsman and a good sound technique, kohli no doubt is  ATG can't really compare him with Rahul but Rahul is certainly better to resist tough conditions, SRT was our best batsman for decades but ask any cricket expert it was  Rahul dravid with best batting technique in the team.

20 hours ago, putrevus said:

No who said Kohli gets bowled quite often. Rahul has been bowled 8 times in 32 innings which is almost 25 percent which is very high.Kohli has been bowled 7 times in 112 innings (just 6 percent) which should be one of best ratios for any batsman.Sachin was at 16 percent.

What makes you think Rahul has better technique than Kohli???

getting bowled alone is not the criteria of technique.

37 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You sure? :phehe:

vk1.jpg.e16e4bf5c2075c1dad07879aa23040ad.jpg

vk2.jpg.4c78e18c8d413b2802f7de4a645a4c5b.jpg

exactly had he played it and not left it, he would have been not out and hence you prove my point, thanks  :giggle:

anyways, king kohli will take over your fav smith in upcoming tests, demolition starts tomorrow  

Edited by SK_IH
3 hours ago, speedheat said:

New ball is easy to face in subcontinent only n only if the pitch is flat, you don't really need compact technique on flat tracks, even Rohit scores a daddy hundreds on flat tracks, its difficult pitch with lateral movement or square  turner which evaluate a sound technique, may be you are getting confused between the best batsman and a good sound technique, kohli no doubt is  ATG can't really compare him with Rahul but Rahul is certainly better to resist tough conditions, SRT was our best batsman for decades but ask any cricket expert it was  Rahul dravid with best batting technique in the team.

Im not sure on this as have seen multiple experts saying that Tendu had better technique than Dravid and lot of others.

Its a myth which gets created around defensive batsmen that they have better techniques.

Infact Dravid had gaping holes in his technique.