India A vs SA A first unofficial test

It just takes few failures of young upcoming pacers for some people to predict that they will be worse than Vinay kumar.

Talking about young bowlers is not hyping. Avesh and Mavi may or may not succeed but no one can deny their potential and ability.

Its the potential of bowlers like them that get us to discuss about them otherwise there is no point of this forum if anyone can't talk about young bowlers. 

Pretty disappointed with pacers performances .  Thought atleast 3 of them are possible longer version match material.

No wickets for any . Neither they could contain and apply pressure . I think they leaked nearly 6 runs an over in this longer version of the game . 

Now i will not harbour any thoughts of them making it to Test in atleast next 2-3 years.

I am kind of veeing towards agreeing to selectors wisdom of atleast 2 seaons of Domestic cricket full season before considering them for international matches especially Test matches else they would be Unadkat cases .

My yard stick going forwad would be "- 

1. Consistent pace above 138 , reaching 140 regularly. ( Top criteria - Basic tool - Pace a rare gift)  

2. One of the top 5-6 wicket takers for 2 seaons among pacers. ( Test of wicjet taking ability)

3. Played atleast 8-10 matches per season. ( Test of endurance)

4. Regular member for state side . -  ( proves above average-exceptional so captain will not drop him)

5. Takes average minimum 4-5 wickets per match  -(Test of consistency.)

6.  has at least 2-3 of fifers per season.   ( tricks of trade not just raw pace)

7.  Ability of deviate the line of the ball in/out while being accurate (either by seam/ swing movement, cutters , reverse swing) - 

(test of skillfulness  &  quick learning) . Even developing a leg cutter  would make him more penetrative as a bowler .

When we see these ,  that bowler is READY  and after that if selectors ignore such guys ...  we should really blame selectors. 

Somone who can tick most of these , should be drafter to Test side . 

If we apply thes yardsticks you will find hardly couple of names  - Siraj Tops the list as he has not even completd full 2 years .

Rajpoot - Endurance bit doubtful.

So whoever comes out top on above criteria among Kamlesh, Mavi, Khaleel, Porel, Saini, Avesh, Prasidh Krishna , Thampi, Kulwant,

after  2years of solid domestic season should be really considered as a contender for test side .

Till then  carry on with Umesh, Ishant, Bhumra , Shardul , Ankit , Siraj. 

I thought  Mavi  would be pushing for a place in a year or so , but now i think i need to put back by atleast another 1 more year for tests, though he may still make it to shorter version in  by Oct -Nov 2019.   But still feel he may make it first among the 3 . More athletic , Storng hips and shoulder , consistent pace above 140+ . Moreover kid is still not spoilt much by showmanship and very focussed in cricket. 

7 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Pretty disappointed with pacers performances .  Thought atleast 3 of them are possible longer version match material.

No wickets for any . Neither they could contain and apply pressure . I think they leaked nearly 6 runs an over in this longer version of the game . 

Now i will not harbour any thoughts of them making it to Test in atleast next 2-3 years.

I am kind of veeing towards agreeing to selectors wisdom of atleast 2 seaons of Domestic cricket full season before considering them for international matches especially Test matches else they would be Unadkat cases .

1. Consistent pace above 138 , reaching 140 regularly. ( Top criteria - Basic tool - Pace a rare gift)  

2. One of the top 5-6 wicket takers for 2 seaons among pacers. ( Test of wicjet taking ability)

4. Regular member for state side . -  ( proves above average-exceptional so captain will not drop him)

6.  has at least 2-3 of fifers per season.   ( tricks of trade not just raw pace)

7.  Ability of deviate the line of the ball in/out while being accurate (either by seam/ swing movement, cutters , reverse swing) - 

(test of skillfulness  &  quick learning) . Even developing a leg cutter  would make him more penetrative as a bowler .

When we see these ,  that bowler is READY  and after that if selectors ignore such guys ...  we should really blame selectors. 

Somone who can tick most of these , should be drafter to Test side . 

If we apply thes yardsticks you will find hardly couple of names  - Siraj Tops the list as he has not even completd full 2 years .

Rajpoot - Endurance bit doubtful.

So whoever comes out top on above criteria among Kamlesh, Mavi, Khaleel, Porel, Saini, Avesh, Prasidh Krishna , Thampi, Kulwant,

after  2years of solid domestic season should be really considered as a contender for test side .

Till then  carry on with Umesh, Ishant, Bhumra , Shardul , Ankit , Siraj. 

I thought  Mavi  would be pushing for a place in a year or so , but now i think i need to put back by atleast another 1 more year for tests, though he may still make it to shorter version in  by Oct -Nov 2019.   But still feel he may make it first among the 3 . More athletic , Storng hips and shoulder , consistent pace above 140+ . Moreover kid is still not spoilt much by showmanship and very focussed in cricket. 

Mavi and Porel are still kids.They need to learn a lot to be successfull in Test cricket.Even Avesh has not bowled much in FC.

7 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Yes . i admit my mispalced expectation . But 2 years  of above srutiny will diffentiate wheat from the chaff .

Let's not jump the gun.  Even Dale Steyn got caned for a triple century by Veeru on Indian roads.  These A games are for them to learn from.  Given the scoreline, it does look like a batting track anyway...

Nothing to be worried about here.   Avesh , Porel and Mavi have little or no FC experience ( 4-day or 5-day matches ). They did well in the 50-over format in U19.  

It is good that the selectors are giving them chances to develop their longest-format games. This is how they will learn. These games are for learning purpose. 

By bowling in these games and in these conditions, they will learn which areas to bowl in and sustaining pace and focus.

Not all of them will make it to the big stage  (  and that happens with all budding talents in every country and every era ).

Moreover, this pitch is probably flat.

p.s -  Mavi, Porel and Avesh are pace sensations who performed really well for India in the last 2  U19 World Cups ... and not ICF types.

Edited by express bowling
13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Nothing to be worried about here.   Avesh , Porel and Mavi have little or no FC experience ( 4-day or 5-day matches ). They did well in the 50-over format in U19.  

It is good that the selectors are giving them chances to develop their longest-format games. This is how they will learn. There games are for learning purpose. 

By bowling in there games and in there conditions, they will learn which areas to bowl in and sustaining pace and focus.

Not all of them will make it to the big stage  (  and that happens with all budding talents in every country and every era ).

Moreover, this pitch is probably flat.

p.s -  Mavi, Porel and Avesh are pace sensations who performed really well for India in the last 2  U19 World Cups ... and not ICF types.

What still rankles me a bit is all 4 pacers  together could not get 1 batsman out and leaked nearly 6 an over . Thought they are better than that.

Just now, prudent_kreeda said:

What still rankles me a bit is all 4 pacers  together could not get 1 batsman out and leaked nearly 6 an over . Thought they are better than that.

Avesh  4.5 ,  Porel  4.66 and  Mavi  5 runs per over.

Happens if just 1 boundary ball is given per over on flat tracks to A-team batters on the verge of national team selection.

And boundary balls are often served in an attempt to be over-aggressive by inexperienced pacers.

Just a little bit of experience ... and the faster learners will tweak what has gone wrong.  This will give us our better bowlers.

i would criticise the Pitch curator...i did not see the match so cant say much but i kinda trust Avesh and Mavi, both these guys are wicket taking bowlers and they do bowl 140 + with the brand new ball.

it could be flat PATTA wicket. it is very bad for opening fast bowlers if they try to bowl well and even do bowl well but still dont get to take Single wicket...

why cant they create a green wicket and give a certain test for some batsman too...now even average batsman at no 9 will come and score a 50..

3 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Prudent bhai ... some good points there.

Shami and Bumrah tick a lot of those boxes ... and they are our 2 international pacers who combine pace  and bounce with skills resulting in wicket taking ability.

Siraj and Saini tick a lot of those boxes too.

I would add ability to generate bounce as another parameter.

The 3 frontline South African pacers have gone for 5.2 , 4.3 and 4.0 runs per over on day 2 without picking a single wicket.

And these are their A-team pacers and not rookies like our pacers in this game.  They include D.Olivier who has played 5 tests. 

Pitch must have been pacers' graveyard in the first 2 days.