India A vs SA A first unofficial test

18 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Pretty disappointed with pacers performances .  Thought atleast 3 of them are possible longer version match material.

No wickets for any . Neither they could contain and apply pressure . I think they leaked nearly 6 runs an over in this longer version of the game . 

Now i will not harbour any thoughts of them making it to Test in atleast next 2-3 years.

I am kind of veeing towards agreeing to selectors wisdom of atleast 2 seaons of Domestic cricket full season before considering them for international matches especially Test matches else they would be Unadkat cases .

My yard stick going forwad would be "- 

1. Consistent pace above 138 , reaching 140 regularly. ( Top criteria - Basic tool - Pace a rare gift)  

2. One of the top 5-6 wicket takers for 2 seaons among pacers. ( Test of wicjet taking ability)

3. Played atleast 8-10 matches per season. ( Test of endurance)

4. Regular member for state side . -  ( proves above average-exceptional so captain will not drop him)

5. Takes average minimum 4-5 wickets per match  -(Test of consistency.)

6.  has at least 2-3 of fifers per season.   ( tricks of trade not just raw pace)

7.  Ability of deviate the line of the ball in/out while being accurate (either by seam/ swing movement, cutters , reverse swing) - 

(test of skillfulness  &  quick learning) . Even developing a leg cutter  would make him more penetrative as a bowler .

When we see these ,  that bowler is READY  and after that if selectors ignore such guys ...  we should really blame selectors. 

Somone who can tick most of these , should be drafter to Test side . 

If we apply thes yardsticks you will find hardly couple of names  - Siraj Tops the list as he has not even completd full 2 years .

Rajpoot - Endurance bit doubtful.

So whoever comes out top on above criteria among Kamlesh, Mavi, Khaleel, Porel, Saini, Avesh, Prasidh Krishna , Thampi, Kulwant,

after  2years of solid domestic season should be really considered as a contender for test side .

Till then  carry on with Umesh, Ishant, Bhumra , Shardul , Ankit , Siraj. 

I thought  Mavi  would be pushing for a place in a year or so , but now i think i need to put back by atleast another 1 more year for tests, though he may still make it to shorter version in  by Oct -Nov 2019.   But still feel he may make it first among the 3 . More athletic , Storng hips and shoulder , consistent pace above 140+ . Moreover kid is still not spoilt much by showmanship and very focussed in cricket. 

Our main bowlers are unable to take  10 wkts  of Essex in english conditions. Moreover this is a flat bed and indian pitches are not conducive to fast bowlers. These bowlers hardly even have one season FC experience, but surely they have potential so i would not be much disappointed in terms of performance basis one match . 

Those who grew up in the "14.4kbps dial-up modem era" of Indian fast bowling would be delighted at the current options available to selectors as far as fast bowlers are concerned.

We used to hype up average trundlers like Harvinder Singh, Mohanty,  T Kumaran etc because the cupboard was so bare! It's still very tough for faster bowlers to thrive in Indian conditions but the trend is definitely upwards.

19 hours ago, express bowling said:

Prudent bhai ... some good points there.

Shami and Bumrah tick a lot of those boxes ... and they are our 2 international pacers who combine pace  and bounce with skills resulting in wicket taking ability.

Siraj and Saini tick a lot of those boxes too.

I would add ability to generate bounce as another parameter.

Agree .

I do get frustrated when certian things do not go the way we want . 

Was expecting emrging talents getting more chances post CT 17 defeat. But it did not happen . Frustrated to no end.

Then as things started panning out , it was clear changes we wish in one day team will not happen atleast till  WC end.

I have made peace with myself now as i do not expect status Quo to change till then.

Similarly when i watch televised matches and the way youngsters hit speedgun,some movement , bounce ,feel these 

should be terrorising domestic players and pick wickets . May be in a 4 over spell under lights they are going full tilt and   

impression is created by  few great deliveries . So even Monu , Shuklas also do magic. 

But when i do think a bit more and look at their record many of them are not even  state regulars, some play on -  off

even in one day teams ( Reason could be be many including bias towards old players by states .).

So when after more than 2 years of under-19 WC , there is hardly anything to see against their names - Avesh & Khaleel etc. 

One can argue they did not play enough but if you are  really good , no captain will leave you out . 

When i compare them to what Agarkar & Irfan did straight after their u19 WC - they  took quite a lot of wickets .  

My thoughts are :- 

1. There is no one extra-ordinay  -kind of Rabada in our midst among the younger ones as of now ( Again my high expecation) 

2. May be they are not as good as Irfan & Agarkar at the same age in wicket taking ability . They may quicker , faster .    

3. There a big catching up on skill and endurance to do it fot longer periods . 

That brings me to think that this inter-mediate level between U19 and International level ( that of A teams, Domestic seasons )

that being followed by BCCI are  good and i think 2 seasons performance are a must to weed out 1 season wonders. 

Hence  going forwad  i do not expect anyone to be in international level till he has gone through atleast 1.5/2  seasons minimum      and has done well  in A teams and domestic seasons . 

My only wish is exceptional talents get regular matches in A team s, domestic teams in these 2 years . 

So this is a kind mental checklist i will follow for myself , who i should  really back to be in the team and when .

Look at couple of seasons track record and A team record and whoever are toppers should be READY for international level. 

AND tear your hair then if they are ignored.         

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

and this is India. Since when people started expecting fast bowlers to thrive on these pattas until they have reverse swing available.

Question is what is waiting period by then they are are supposed to start taking wicksts in india ?  by 21, 23 , 25 ??

Kapil started taking bucketful of wickets within first year in indian pitches. 

12 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Question is what is waiting period by then they are are supposed to start taking wicksts in india ?  by 21, 23 , 25 ??

Kapil started taking bucketful of wickets within first year in indian pitches. 

In those days, indian pitches were different. There were a lot of helpful pitches for Pacers. Cricket is a highly condition dependent sport.  These same bowlers might do well on a different pitch.

Regarding when will they start doing it, once they start doing it in Ranji trophy because Mavi is yet to play a Ranji game.  Avesh just played 8 in 4 years. Ishan Porel maded his debut last season but has only played 3 wickets.  

Edited by rkt.india
15 hours ago, S_pace said:

The pitch seems to be real road as even the 30s something saffers Pacers are getting belted here. So no need to go all oout on our 20s pacers. But at the end of the day all three of them (Mavi,Porel and Khan) are better than Vinay Kumar.

It never should be,the pitch is extremely flat,we need to be patient with our young pacers,if an Ishant can go wicketless in grazing fields and we keep on persisting with him than why not should we have the same level of patience with these guys after all the tolerance level wrt Ishant has been very high