Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Switchblade

Ajinkya Rahane puts mindset over skill to triumph in England Tests

Recommended Posts

Quote

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-ajinkya-rahane-puts-mindset-over-skill-to-triumph-in-england-tests/story-2rWEnQoXiag9DjqRKbiZMN.html

“First of all, playing in England is challenging. We know what it takes to play good cricket. But if you think about result you will put pressure on yourself.”

“The skill level, both teams are on a par. It is not skill, but the mindset that matters.

“In England, patience is the key. Conditions depend a lot on the weather. If it is sunny, it is good to bat and if cloudy it is good to bowl. It is important you back your game. It is important as a batsman, whoever gets set here, you should make it count.

“Somehow you have to communicate well to your partner. Even when you are batting on 70-80, you have to hold back when weather changes. Acceptance (respecting conditions) will be the key.”

“I feel our pace bowlers are very experienced, Shami and Umesh. In South Africa fast bowlers did really well. We have an attack that can disturb the opponent. But we need to be patient and bowl in the right areas.

“You have to accept the conditions and should not look to take wickets from both ends. We should keep it tight from one end and attack from the other.”

“Kuldeep is definitely the X-factor. He bowled really well in the T20s and ODIs. We have to see what the wicket is like, but Ashwin can also bat. We don’t have to forget Ashwin and Jadeja.”

Skills are equally important how would you survive without skills in overseas conditions?

Edited by Switchblade

Share this post


Link to post

Can ethical mind open in tests, after all he was once upon a time an opening batter?

 

lineup :om:

Aswhin

Vijay

KL

Kohli

Rahane

DK

Pant

Kuldeep

Shami

Yadav

Ishant

 

alternate XI

DK

Vijay

KL

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Pandya

Kuldeep

Shami

Yadav

Ishant

Edited by R!TTER

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Can ethical mind open in tests, after all he was once upon a time an opening batter?

 

lineup :om:

Aswhin

Vijay

KL

Kohli

Rahane

DK

Pant

Kuldeep

Shami

Yadav

Ishant

 

alternate XI

DK

Vijay

KL

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Pandya

Kuldeep

Shami

Yadav

Ishant

No matter who opens the innings is a walking wicket to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

No matter who opens the innings is a walking wicket to be honest.

We need someone who can stay at the wicket, even 10 overs without loss would help us a lot, especially KL. Playing Pandya and Ashwin on this pitch IMO will be a mistake, we need specialist pacers and having 2x0.5 bat/bowl rarely works, on unhelpful tracks.

Edited by R!TTER

Share this post


Link to post

Jinx's weakness will be Rashid lol He just has to overcome this fear against spin. Otherwise he is a decent batsman against any kind of bowling. He can attack as well at test level. He is just a dud in the limited overs. But he should maximize it. Scoring exactly 100 may not even help that much. Scores like 150, 160 should be what he should be aiming at. He should step up each time he is needed.

Edited by vvvslaxman

Share this post


Link to post

Opening with Ashwin will be a huge mistake not because his wicket is valuable but because he is an invaluable lower order batsman. He can bat well so much so that he can completely turn the course of the match with his bat as a lower order batsman. Indian needs him down the order. I bet someone like Pujara cannot do what Ashwin can do down the order.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Opening with Ashwin will be a huge mistake not because his wicket is valuable but because he is an invaluable lower order batsman. He can bat well so much so that he can completely turn the course of the match with his bat as a lower order batsman. Indian needs him down the order. I bet someone like Pujara cannot do what Ashwin can do down the order.

His batting these days is overrated, I don't remember too many match turning partnerships where Ashwin was involved, since that WI tour by India. I can count a couple perhaps in 20 odd tests, but not any more.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

His batting these days is overrated, I don't remember too many match turning partnerships where Ashwin was involved, since that WI tour by India. I can count a couple perhaps in 20 odd tests, but not any more.

Even the good top order can go through a patch. But he has the right temperament, technique and attitude to do well. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Jinx's weakness will be Rashid lol He just has to overcome this fear against spin. Otherwise he is a decent batsman against any kind of bowling. He can attack as well at test level. He is just a dud in the limited overs. But he should maximize it. Scoring exactly 100 may not even help that much. Scores like 150, 160 should be what he should be aiming at. He should step up each time he is needed.

As much as I am his fan he has regressed badly to be honest disappointed with the way his graph has gone down.

Edited by Switchblade

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×