sourab10forever

India tour of England : 1st Test at Edgbaston | 1st Aug 3:30 PM

Target Prediction  

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 2. 1st Test ENG v IND : Predict what will be the India's target in the 4th Innings

• <250
    • 250-275
    • 276-300
    • 301-325
    • 326-350
    • 350+

1 minute ago, Iconoclast said:

No they mostly played like ****.

Lucky to win

Its lucky if you guys had won after dropping so many catches of Kohli by England slip fielders. Otherwise lead could be over 100 and you would have chased 300 target. :cantstop: So praise England. they deserve to be winners.

This was a match of small margins.

It was difficult to win after Kohli got out.

But ... couple of things they should have done differently to give them a better chance ... Ishant should have come at #9 and not Shami (Ishant better defensive, Shami better tonker) ... Pandya shouldn't have let Ishant face Rashid for all 6 balls, he had the opportunity to get on strike on 3rd ball but they took 2 runs, Ishant continued to be on strike and eventually got out on 6th ball ... Pandya should have faced those 4 balls and should have tried to hit 1 or 2 6's, that was a risk worth taking.

Pandya did bat well though. There was an outside chance of a win as long as he was there.

13 minutes ago, Lala said:

Lol India cant chase 190 :cantstop:. Hype and overconfidence all over the body. 

Tumne akhri baar kab 150 se zyada chase kiye against SA, Aus, Eng or NZ :flute:

7 minutes ago, Lala said:

Yeah India have tendency to lose not only the first game but the series as well. :cantstop:

What is your bet money for rest of the games? :cantstop:

Now 3-1 could be other way around. :cantstop:

India still winning the series 3-2.

Bumrah will replace Umesh and the bowling attack will become stronger.

Pujara will replace one batsman too...Our team will become stronger.

Just now, philcric said:

This was a match of small margins.

It was difficult to win after Kohli got out.

But ... couple of things they should have done differently to give them a better chance ... Ishant should have come at #9 and not Shami (Ishant better defensive, Shami better tonker) ... Pandya shouldn't have let Ishant face Rashid for all 6 balls, he had the opportunity to get on strike on 3rd ball but they took 2 runs, Ishant continued to be on strike and eventually got out on 6th ball ... Pandya should have faced those 4 balls and should have tried to hit 1 or 2 6's, that was a risk worth taking.

Pandya did bat well though. There was an outside chance of a win as long as he was there.

Definitely exposing that tail like that was stupid.

Nope, I don't see him batting well against seamers when the ball is wobbly.

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Definitely exposing that tail like that was stupid.

Nope, I don't see him batting well against seamers when the ball is wobbly.

top order failing to make a slight small contribution and you are talking about farming strike with tail...lets get our other priorities correct.

1 minute ago, prasen82 said:

top order failing to make a slight small contribution and you are talking about farming strike with tail...lets get our other priorities correct.

Like what? Playing Hardik as an A/R, I've said this more than once and many others agree, so unless he's picking up wickets he's not much useful to the team.

6 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Tumne akhri baar kab 150 se zyada chase kiye against SA, Aus, Eng or NZ :flute:

We are not the batting powerhouse. We are the bowling powerhouse. So you need to ask that question as 'when did you defend 150 runs last time against SA,Aus,Eng, or NZ?" :cantstop:

Answer is many more. cant keep all in my memory. We defended almost everything. :cantstop:

10 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

India still winning the series 3-2.

Bumrah will replace Umesh and the bowling attack will become stronger.

Pujara will replace one batsman too...Our team will become stronger.

I don't tell anything. Just live in your dream. :cantstop: Its highly unlikely a closing a test series like 3-2 unlike ODI series. :cantstop: But Please remember to wake up on mid of September. :cantstop:

Edited by Lala

Just now, Lala said:

We are not the batting powerhouse. We are the bowling powerhouse. So you need to ask that question as 'when did you defend 150 runs last time against SA,Aus,Eng, or NZ?:cantstop:

Answer is many more. cant keep all in my memory. We defended almost everything:cantstop:

In test matches outside Asia?

How much is many more, 2 or 3 times?

19 minutes ago, kira said:

Who needs respect from a phateechar like you? I have owned you and exposed you cricketing knowledge (the lack of it) on numerous occasions, ab pta chala how difficult it is to do everything alone, hopefully a phateechar like you who has been tormented by sachin for over 20 years has learned a valuable lesson today :finger:

So now that you owned me, can you stop following me around like a little puppy? 

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

So now that you owned me, can you stop following me around like a little puppy? 

Since I owned you and continue to own you doesn't that make you my pet, so I will continue to hand out phainties to you if you start mouthing of wrong information and act like some super "expert" :rotfl: You need to be reminded of your place every now and then :biggrin:

16 minutes ago, kira said:

Since I owned you and continue to own you doesn't that make you my pet, so I will continue to hand out phainties to you if you start mouthing of wrong information and act like some super "expert" :rotfl: You need to be reminded of your place every now and then :biggrin:

Sure why not. What ever sails in your little world 

1 hour ago, Lala said:

It was day 5 pitch against Herath was a nightmare. But this is a good batting pitch and on a day 4 against normal bowling attack and just couldnt get 80 runs with 5 wickets in hand. :cantstop:

Lol at good batting pitch. Herath was not turning the ball miles or anything. Your lot just crumbled. Even England were 87/7 in these conditions and they batted before us. 

Ishant Sharma fined 15% of his match fees & received 1 demerit point. He was found to have violated Article 2.1.7 of the code, which relates to using language, actions or gestures which disparage or which could provoke an aggressive reaction from a batsman upon dismissal

3 hours ago, Lala said:

We are not the batting powerhouse. We are the bowling powerhouse. So you need to ask that question as 'when did you defend 150 runs last time against SA,Aus,Eng, or NZ?" :cantstop:

Answer is many more. cant keep all in my memory. We defended almost everything. :cantstop:

When was the last time your paindoo side even won a test match in Australia? From your posts, I'd guess even before you were born.

18 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Doesn’t matter Woakes might become a hero next game.

We have seen Woakes. Our habbit of making a star from a new player(Curran) hasnt changed.

Just hope England dont put a mew bowler

1 minute ago, mishra said:

We have seen Woakes. Our habbit of making a star from a new player(Curran) hasnt changed.

Just hope England dont put a mew bowler

We had also seen Ben before that is why with these duds anyone can become a hero.

Relax guys. Obviously it wasnt a great performance from India but this is only the first test. If the top order could have added an additional ten runs each it would have been enough.

Pandya had a much better innings than most. His confidence and attitude alone give him a place in the team.

The bowling was decent overall. I would consider switching Yadav with a spinner because regardless of the pitch England always struggle with spin.

I would leave the rest of the team untouched. Vijay and Dhawan have the capacity to open. They might need some sessions with a shrink to solve their mental issues but the rest is all there.

Besides rehauling the entire lineup in each test doesnt make sense. Pick a core team and stick with it. 

Like I said can't win when you depend on one player especially in Australia, SA etc for decades now India has had batting stars but when they tour here or SA they go to pieces, India will never be a great team unless they can stop depending on one or two players.

Guest, sign in to access all features.