jalebi_bhai's No Confidence Motion against Indian Team Management

No confidence motion against the Indian team management  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support jalebi_bhai's no confidence motion against the Indian team management?

My reaction after finding out that Dhawan was in the line up today:

This team management is made up of a bunch of idiots. They continue to pick washed-up losers like Raina and Dhoni in ODIs and now they pick a guy who couldn't last an over in the practice game :finger:.

jan-andolan.png

ICFers, support my no confidence motion in the interest of Indian cricket :isalute:

No from me..

Would have supported if Dhawan was picked in place of Rahul..............

Pujara and Dhawan were both in same place.

Happy to give dhawan this test or infact another too as that would mean him either getting finished or getting through difficulties and helping India.

TBH Pujara isn't a significant step up over Dhawan on this kind of pitch. May be on a green top I would have chosen Che but otherwise nothing to choose between the 2. Not playing Kuldeep over Ash is a blunder IMO...but since this is a long series I reckon everyone will get chances.  I am happy to see Rahane in the XI, seriously thought he would be dropped by our troll captain :laugh:.

Edited by Gollum
grammar

Selection calls made by Mr Wrogn.

• KLPD Rahul in the XI                  +1
  • Dhawan ahead of Pujara              -2
  • Ashwin in the XI                          +1
  • Pandya ahead of Kuldeep/Jaddu     -2                  

The most egregrious of the errors here is Pandya ahead of the 2nd spinner. With Karthik and Ashwin slotting in at 6 and 8, and Bhuvi's absence meaning we will have a less penetrative pace attack, weakening the bowling unit with Pandya ahead of Kuldeep/Jaddu is a mistake that might end up costing us the test.  

8 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Dhawan over chepu is fine tbh, pitch is looking slow, ball loosing its pace after pitching kuldeep shud have been playing over pandya.. But again I don't expect dorky shastri n kohli to read the pitch with that precision.

Pitch doesn't even come in much.  Its simple logic - Pandya's bowling is a bigger downgrade from a Kuldeep or even a Jadeja, than the slight batting upgrade he potentially provides.  Its a bad move period.  

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Have given some more thought...team selection is perfect. If we flunk blame the players, not the selection.

I'm a big believer in Pandya's role in balancing the team, but I don't think he belonged here.   The only way he justifies his selection is by contributing 70+ runs across 2 innings with the bat, and hopefully a couple of wickets.  I would rather have had Kuldeep/jadeja over him.  Neither are mugs with the bat...

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

I'm a big believer in Pandya's role in balancing the team, but I don't think he belonged here.   The only way he justifies his selection is by contributing 70+ runs across 2 innings with the bat, and hopefully a couple of wickets.  I would rather have had Kuldeep/jadeja over him.  Neither are mugs with the bat...

I think Kuldeep over Ash would have been a better choice. In hindsight I don't think playing 2 spinners would have worked here because we won't be bowling last...Kohli at the toss said India preferred to bowl 1st, now that means he was expecting support for the quicks. With that thought process they could play only 1 spinner and Pandya had to be accommodated. Let's hope at least he makes a good contribution with the bat, don't see any demons in it once the ball loses its shine. All in all we may have disagreements about the nature of the XI but at least we can agree that it wasn't bad selection.

33 minutes ago, Khota said:

Those three pace bowlers are as good as it gets for India but there should have been two spinners. India's strength is spin and england has not seen that high quality spin bowling. It is all about mismatches for the upteenth time.

i wud have preffered kuldeep but with pandya also i get the thought process

I dnt get it when dhawan plays over rahul n rohit over rahane overseas