Indian bowlers struggle at providing support

Even when we have 2 bowlers bowling well, you have Umesh, Ishant and Pandya totally sucking doing bare minimum job.

Umesh has been spray gun for long time, but this time he has cut down speed and still bowling crap.

Ishant is usually consistent, at least in last 3-4 years but not today.

Unsure of role of Pandya.

These two bowlers have no excuses left.

They don’t have any exceptional skill sets to even buy a wicket.

Given that both of them have little grey matter in their head, the Indian team cannot anymore take the risk of allowing both of them to screw up another away test series.

I’m sorry to all the pace suckers here, what will you do with all the pace if the bowler is basically brainless?

1 minute ago, asterix said:

That’s not convincing. He got a lucky wicket...

Many of our wickets are lucky, Shami's 1st of Jennings, Root runout, 

we also had an unlucky drop off Ishant by our best fielder Rahane

we have to take what we can get on a patta like this I think

its umesh and pandya's first time bowling in tests in England. Pandya i give benefit of doubt to but umesh really has no plan whatsoever, even if this is his first time in England. i dont know why bumrah is not given a role in this side. 

Ishant we already know what to expect. 

2 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

its umesh and pandya's first time bowling in tests in England. Pandya i give benefit of doubt to but umesh really has no plan whatsoever, even if this is his first time in England. i dont know why bumrah is not given a role in this side. 

Ishant we already know what to expect. 

Bumrah is still injured...

Ideally, Bhuvi and Bumrah would be playing .... Umesh did well in practice game and even in LOIs iirc .... Ishant is inconsistent 

The issue is not about pace vs trundlers, but playing the right bowlers, ideally with pace. Both of these are better options than Udankat, Vijay Kumar, .... 

As we mature as a pace bowling nation, we have to gravitate towards skilful pacers who have low averages and low strike rates. 

90% of the pacers in contention nowadays have good pace ...  it is time we choose pacers who combine pace and bounce with skills leading to consistent wicket taking ability ...  like Bumrah and Shami.

Edited by express bowling

This is NOT a completely flat track. A good bowler can create chances here, there is a bit of swing & seam. Shami was troubling the batsmen. Ishant started ok, created a chance and then lost his line when a rightie came to accompany a leftie. Umesh wasn't consistent at all. Andu would trouble the batsman if he gets the same conditions tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, asterix said:

These two bowlers have no excuses left.

They don’t have any exceptional skill sets to even buy a wicket.

Given that both of them have little grey matter in their head, the Indian team cannot anymore take the risk of allowing both of them to screw up another away test series.

I’m sorry to all the pace suckers here, what will you do with all the pace if the bowler is basically brainless?

They aren't even bowling pace. So your argument of all the pace stands null.