Who is Sam Curran, the man running through Indian batting line up?

Is he that good or simply plain lucky that they are taking chances against him after the main bowlers were being seen off. 

To top it off, he can bat too. He seems to be playing only his 2nd test and he is doing well.
I think this is what we want Hardik Pandya to be... to be more than just a part timer with the ball and also contribute with the bat at the lower order. 

Decent AR for these kind of conditions. He won't be a factor in most countries but will trouble most modern day batsmen in England, also lefties who swing the ball into RHBs will always have a place in international cricket. He also has that late swing like Pathan had for a brief period in the mid 2000s. His lack of pace is a concern, needs to work on that else all teams will work him out very soon. 

Edited by Gollum
9 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Trundler.

Late movement at around 133-137k. Not a trundler. Even Ganguly was saying the same thing after lunch. He is not a slow left armer as he was made out to be. He bowls at a decent pace. 

Edited by Mosher
5 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Saw him clocking 137k today

Yes but I am talking about late swing, he doesn't get consistent late swing at 137...at higher speeds mostly he is angling the ball or bowling yorker/bouncer.

In 2011 Cape Town Steyn was getting late swing at 140-145 range...that is why it was regarded as an ATG spell. 

15 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Late movement at around 133-137k. Not a trundler. Even Ganguly was saying the same thing after lunch. He is not a slow left armer as he was made out to be. He bowls at a decent pace. 

He is a total trundler in England domestic cricket as well. I have hardly seen him bowl pace in County CC, RBL 40 or RLB.

He has reputation for swinging the ball. Thats why he is in the team. Not for pace.

Edited by Straight Drive
2 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

He is a total trundler in England domestic cricket as well. I have hardly seen him bowl pace in County CC, RBL 40 or RLB.

He has reputation for swinging the ball. Thats why he is in the team. Not for pace.

Not saying he is in the team because of his pace but he not a total trundler. Left hander swinging the ball into right handers is always dangerous and 133-137k is decent pace. You are making him sound like he is some dibbly dobbly trundler rolling his arm over at 125k's. Check out his speeds.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/match/6809#hawk-eye_bowl-speeds

1 minute ago, Turning_track said:

I think @Ankit_sharma03 shared a video in Pujara's thread & then I saw his bowling when he shattered the stumps of Pujara in Surrey vs Yorks game. Took the wicket of Root too in that game.
Looks much better than his brother Tom whom England tried in the Ashes, but he failed to have an impact.

Sam Curran was even dropped in few domestic matches. Think 2 matches atleast iirc. His ability to swing plus his batting is what gets him in squad. Scored good knocks batting in domestic circuit.

47 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Is he that good or simply plain lucky that they are taking chances against him after the main bowlers were being seen off. 

To top it off, he can bat too. He seems to be playing only his 2nd test and he is doing well.
I think this is what we want Hardik Pandya to be... to be more than just a part timer with the ball and also contribute with the bat at the lower order. 

Pandya is batsman first by trade, Curran is a bowler who can bat like BK.

49 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

He is a debutant,thats it,and debutants have tremendous record against India,you can go through the pages of history,you will find almost every debutant wrecking havoc on India,even if he isnt a debutant he is a rookie,rookies have been doing extremely well against India's famed line up ,this one put on India  is by far the weakest lineup ,its not at all surprising

Edited by Suhaan
16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yes but I am talking about late swing, he doesn't get consistent late swing at 137...at higher speeds mostly he is angling the ball or bowling yorker/bouncer.

In 2011 Cape Town Steyn was getting late swing at 140-145 range...that is why it was regarded as an ATG spell. 

no bowler get late swing at high speeds. The best pace to get maximum late swing is 75-80 mph and it is a well researched fact.

Edited by rkt.india
4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He is a debutant,thats it,and debutants have tremendous record against India,you can go through the pages of history,you will find almost every debutant wrecking havoc on India,even if he isnt a debutant he is a rookie,rookies have been doing extremely well against India's famed line up ,this one put on India  is by far the weakest lineup ,its not at all surprising

Reminds of Sohail Khan whom we ended up giving a five fer. ODI debut i think ?

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

no bowler get late swing at high speeds. The best pace to get maximum late swing is 75-80 mph and it is a well researched fact.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Steyn was bowling 130-135K and not 140-145.

He was getting late swing at high speed that day, if not 145 he was most definitely up at 141-142.